Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:05 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
goalieman wrote:
I'm following along here on my phone......did he dismiss running all together or just hasn't made up his mind yet? (I'm guessing by the reaction here it's the former). :(

He clearly stated that will not seek the Republican nomination for president. :(

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:05 pm 
Captain

Liked: 31
goalieman wrote:
I'm following along here on my phone......did he dismiss running all together or just hasn't made up his mind yet? (I'm guessing by the reaction here it's the former). :(

He is definitely not running.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:06 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 4
absolutely unbelievable - like a really dark movie that isn't any good - What relevance does Trump have to the show, and why did Mike allow him to basically laugh about him not running? And what was with that 'Huckabee Alert' gag? I'm shocked.

General

Liked: 52
Now there's 229 people on including 166 guests...

I'm just stunned right now - been hoping, praying, expecting for 2 years. But it is God's plan for now. We just can't know why at this point.

goalieman, he decided he's not running. He doesn't have peace that it's the right decision.

HuckPAC donor code R23742

Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
Run as an Independent?

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

** General

Liked: 107
He had said that his announcement would affect the outcome of the show. So how does this affect it? Viewership will drop?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:07 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Huckabeliever wrote:
I am sitting here crying.

I think we're probably all shocked, sad, frustrated, lost.

As Southern Doc reminded us earlier, though, changing this country for the better can't be about any one person. It has to be about all of us. I have been so encouraged by getting to know so many great Americans here at HucksArmy. You all give me hope for America's future.

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

Post by cschande has received Likes: 7 gagoesforhuck, GrannyT, IowaforHuckabee, maryjthom, maryrae, miracleshappen, WhatsNotToLike?

***** General

Liked: 523
He said "No" pretty firmly. I'm wondering what it would take to change his mind while there's still time to change it!!!!! I guess a true miracle. :(

***** General

Liked: 169
I feel like I got kicked in the stomach. :barf

Post by All-in-for-Mike Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

Major General

Liked: 2
WalterCan wrote:
I had thought from his body language on the interviews yesterday that he was running, but when he started the show his body language was different. There was more of a resignation that a decision had been made, and it was over instead of just beginning.

I do respect his decision. I know what it is like to be thinking you'll be doing one thing and then get alone with God and have things change because of that inward peace.

Colossians 3:15 Amplified
15And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].

Amen. You are right. As disappointed as we all are, its time to keep looking up and to move on.

And I will walk at liberty: for I seek thy precepts. – Psalm 119:45

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Text of statement from Gov. Mike Huckabee:
Quote:

The pundits and members of the political class who have spoken with certainty about my decision to run or not for President in 2012 are amusing if not amazing to think that they knew what even I didn’t know until late this week. The past few months have been times of deep personal reflection. Even though I wasn’t actively establishing a campaign organization or seeking financial support to run again, polls have consistently put me at or near the top to be the Republican nominee. When possible candidates were discussed in the media and despite polls that showed me in the lead, my name would often go unmentioned while a candidate barely registering single digits was touted as a “front-runner.” I found comfort that the nomination would not be made by commentators, columnists, or consultants, but by the rank and file voters in the Republican primary, and their support is strong and has been growing.

Concerns that I had about raising the necessary funds to be competitive or being able to win in states outside the South were answered when signs of strong financial support materialized and when polls showed me winning in states like Pennsylvania, Maine, and even New Jersey. That kind of shattered the notion that I was only a regional candidate or only supported by social conservatives.

I had not done much toward a race because my life was filled with work that I truly love here at Fox News, doing radio commentaries on my daily Huckabee Report on 600 radio stations, traveling the country for speaking engagements, and helping good conservative, pro-life candidates who were running for office. Other people probably thought about it more than I did.

I don’t have an issue with my family being supportive. My wife actually encouraged me to do it, despite knowing full well it would subject her and the rest of the family to brutal and savage personal attacks. My adult children have also made it clear they would be with me no matter what.

When people asked me what it would take for me to run, I would tell them the same thing---pray for me to have clarity in the decision. I don’t expect everyone to understand this, but I’m a believer and follower of Jesus Christ. That relationship is far more important to me than any political office. For me, the decision is ultimately not a political one, a financial one, or even a practical one ---it’s a spiritual one.

The past few weeks, the external signs and signals and answers to many of the obstacles point strongly toward running. When I am with people encouraging me to run, it’s easy to feel the strength of their partnership and commitment to help me to the finish line. Only when I was alone, in quiet and reflective moments did I have not only clarity, but an inexplicable inner peace—a peace that exceeds human understanding. All the factors say GO, but my heart says NO. And that is the decision I have made and in it have finally found resolution. I don’t fully understand it myself—but I’m sure the pundits will. But I know that under the best of circumstances, being President is a job that takes one to the limit of his or her human capacity. For me, to do it apart from an inner confidence that I was undertaking it with God’s full blessing is unthinkable. I can’t know or predict the future, but I know for now my answer is clear and firm. I will not seek the Republican nomination for President this year. I will gladly continue doing what I do and helping others in their campaigns for Congress, governorships, and other positions. I’ll certainly give more detail about this decision in due time and especially to those who have faithfully and so sacrificially been part of the process. I know I will deeply disappoint many people I love. So many good and dear people have put forth extraordinary effort without any assurance I would mount a campaign. It pains me to let them down. I also know my decision will delight just as many who aren’t that fond of me. I am eternally grateful for the faithful support of my wife, children and real friends who promised to stand with me no matter what. I had come to believe I would be in the race for President. I won’t be. But I will for sure be re-dedicating myself to standing for and communicating the principles of common sense, Constitutional government, and civil discourse that I believe are critical to the survival of our great Republic. From New York, This is MH, goodnight God bless, and I’ll be back next week.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Dave in SC wrote:
WalterCan wrote:
I had thought from his body language on the interviews yesterday that he was running, but when he started the show his body language was different. There was more of a resignation that a decision had been made, and it was over instead of just beginning.

I do respect his decision. I know what it is like to be thinking you'll be doing one thing and then get alone with God and have things change because of that inward peace.

15And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ's] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].

Amen. You are right. As disappointed as we all are, its time to keep looking up and to move on.

Yes, but move on to who?

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: miracleshappen

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:09 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 45
Troops,

We have known all along that Mike lives a life that is Second to Christ.

If every sign in the world was pointing to running, and it was, but Mike did not believe God was leading, there was no way he was running.

I am proud of Him for being true to himself and Christ.

We have known all along that he is a committed Christian.

Let me be the first to say, I want this establishment (HA) to go on. There is the most thoughtful and reasoned debate anywhere on the web right here.

Finally, I have no idea who to support. None!! Frankly, right now I don't think Republicans can win the White House in 2012. I hope I am wrong.

But as I recall, Huck will only be 59-60 in 2016. and if we are tired of Democratic rule now, it will be unbearable by then.

We love you, Huck. And I for one, still stand ready for my marching orders.

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

Post by HuckyinKentucky has received Likes: 5 chapelccino, GrannyT, IowaforHuckabee, miracleshappen, Peter

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:10 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Dave in SC wrote:
WalterCan wrote:

Yes, but move on to who?

Short Answer: Jesus :)

Post by WalterCan Liked by: miracleshappen

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:10 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 14
I felt more disappointed that I expected I would. I actually felt like my heart sank. And I'm not nearly as invested as most of you.

My wife was teary eyed. She was so sad.

I hope you guys don't hold any anger towards Huck though. He's making his decision based on the right reasons. I wish him the best and I still believe he has a strong role to play. His endorsement will be valuable.

My only issue... what the heck was that with Trump?

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:11 pm 
***** General

Liked: 169
melopa wrote:
Run as an Independent?

Mike would NEVER do that. He knows full well that a 3rd party candidate could NEVER win in the USA, and that it would split the GOP vote, thereby handing the election to Obama.

Post by All-in-for-Mike Liked by: GrannyT

***** General

Liked: 275
Grant wrote:
goalieman wrote:

He clearly stated that will not seek the Republican nomination for president. :(

:balling

Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
Dave in SC wrote:
WalterCan wrote:

Yes, but move on to who?

Longer political answer: Not quite that easy to answer. Each of us will probably come to different conclusions for different reasons.

Private

Liked: 11
Well, I have to say that is pretty rude for the build up to say "no."

The way I saw it he was done with his show either way. Either he would run and have to quit or his numbers will fall. I won't watch now, partly because of sincere disappointment and partly because he can say all you want about fixing the country but if he isn't willing to put in the time and energy of doing the job to fix it, then what good can he do.

I respect that he has to make the decision for himself, but why all the build up for a "no." I hate to say it, becaue I love the Huck, but that is so distasetful.

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 9:12 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 1
Huckabee correctly estimated Obama had the better chance of winning re-election based on all the polls and historical precedent. Have you ever known Mike Huckabee to waste money?

The silver lining to the cloud is that Huckabee will now become the kingmaker which in most circumstances is far better than king. Does anyone remember which French King Cardinal Richlieu served?

Prediction: Sarah Palin will also not run, and for the same reasons. Should she be dim enough to try it, she would lose by large numbers.

The next big push is to determine who Huckabee and Palin will be endorsing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next