Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: New Direction
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:07 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 27
Chadballer wrote:
NJ Huck Supporter wrote:
I know I'm not a regular poster here anymore or a moderator or anything but to me I would draw the analogy of Huckabee not running to a beloved general who united an army and then died in battle. While we are all very upset Huckabee is not running, I think what Huckabee did was really and truly unite an army of people who up until now was scattered. The way I see it, the Republican Party wants our votes, not our candidates. They tried to put Mike Huckabee down last time, but he shone through and almost won anyway because he united us. Now that he has "gone down in battle" and decided not to run, it would be wrong for us to simply scatter and continue to be abused by the Republican Party. Yes there should be grieving and I am still very upset, but this is our best time while this is still fresh to pull together and resolve not to let things continue as they are.

NJ, I had given up hope and was thinking of leaving. But after reading this post, I think you're right. We are still an army and there are still generals out there for us to win battles for. Governor Huckabee gave us our collective voice. Maybe it's about time we use it for a campaign. and maybe we'll find our diamond in the rough.

Yeah, I'm very upset and I just feel like burying my head in the sand, but maybe this election season is even more important for us now that Huckabee isn't running. Maybe it's time to demonstrate that we aren't going away, and that even though our candidate isn't running, we have become a real power and voice in politics now and we will last and not be trampled anymore. I know for sure I was not paying attention last election cycle until I heard of Huckabee (being from New Jersey I just imagined I would resignedly vote for Giuliani once he was nominee) but now I will be more involved even without Mike. I hope Huckabee addresses his supporters again, supporters like here at Huck's Army.

Just a college kid and a Huckabee supporter!

Post by NJ Huck Supporter has received Likes: 2 QuoVadisAnima, sandra
 Profile Send private message  

Post subject: Re: New Direction
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:19 pm 
Major

Liked: 34
I've been thinking about God's decision to keep Mike out of the election for now and I don't claim to know his mind, but I think there's a bigger battle out there than the 2012 Presidential campaign. There's a battle for the culture of the American people. Are we going to fade into history as a civilization that stood by as its values eroded away and were gradually lost to the sands of time because of the cancer of becoming a morally bankrupt society? Or are we a civilization that will take renewed strength from the One whose principles our society is based upon? are we going to sit down without a fight or are we going to get up and lead on? Perhaps God wants Mike Huckabee and the rest of us to fight in this bigger battle. I don't think this battle will start with the Presidency. I think it will end with the Presidency. Just a few things to think on.

Post by Chadballer has received Likes: 4 Indiana4Huck, Miserere, sandra, WhatsNotToLike?
 Profile Send private message