Huck's Army Forum :: Faith, Family & Freedom
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/

Politico: No call to Rollins
http://www.forum.hucksarmy.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25325
Page 1 of 2

Author:  ConservTexan [ Wed May 18, 2011 5:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Politico: No call to Rollins

:shock:

Quote:
No call to Rollins

Mike Huckabee's political guru Ed Rollins said he still hasn't heard from his former client in an interview today, and suggested he's not thrilled with the way Huckabee treated him.

"There was no contact with us before or after and I think to a certain extent it's just not the best way to go," Rollins told Brian Kilmeade on his Fox News Radio show, "Kilmeade and Friends," today.

"Still haven't" heard from Huckabee, he said.

Rollins' reaction to Huckabee's decision, per Maggie Haberman, was, "Whatever."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... llins.html

Author:  charleslawlesss [ Wed May 18, 2011 5:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

ConservTexan wrote:
:shock:

Quote:
No call to Rollins

Mike Huckabee's political guru Ed Rollins said he still hasn't heard from his former client in an interview today, and suggested he's not thrilled with the way Huckabee treated him.

"There was no contact with us before or after and I think to a certain extent it's just not the best way to go," Rollins told Brian Kilmeade on his Fox News Radio show, "Kilmeade and Friends," today.

"Still haven't" heard from Huckabee, he said.

Rollins' reaction to Huckabee's decision, per Maggie Haberman, was, "Whatever."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/ ... llins.html


What in the world is going on with Mike Huckabee? He has acted so out of charachter the last few weeks. I am one of the few that think he is dealing with somthing outside of what he has indicated. I have a few guesses what that might be, however they are just guesses.

Author:  cschande [ Wed May 18, 2011 5:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

No doubt Huck didn't like the way Rollins blew up on MSNBC as soon as he heard Mike was making an announcement and hadn't informed him yet. The way I've heard it Mike hadn't even told all of his family yet, and Rollins was on MSNBC talking about how he hadn't gotten a call and that that must mean he wasn't running and saying something about Mike's weight. After all of that went down, even if Mike had announced he was running there was bound to be a lot of lost love between him and Rollins. I'm as disappointed as everyone else about the way things went down, and I do wish he'd swallow his pride or anger or frustration or whatever else has prevented him from contacting Rollins up until now, but this fallout was to be expected.

Author:  jdbrown [ Wed May 18, 2011 5:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

Rollins has a reputation of being difficult to get along with. I think his preannouncement of Mike’s likely decision (which was very unprofessional) was at least one of the reasons Mike cutoff communication.

Author:  Iowans Rock [ Wed May 18, 2011 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

I think we have all been following politics long enough to take what "former staffers" have to say with a grain of salt. We have no idea if all or any of what Rollins was saying leading up to the announcement was true. Remember he said that GH's family was holding him back but then GH announced that his family wanted him to run? We really have no idea how much Rollins was still involved with GH. Just my 2 cants worth.

Author:  Craig88USC [ Wed May 18, 2011 5:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

Rollins recently talked about Mike's weight? Why would he go there? scratch

Author:  goalieman [ Wed May 18, 2011 6:16 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

Well, maybe I was correct when I said Rollins wasn't in the loop anymore with Huck despite him thinking he still was. Rollins must need a campaign job pretty badly and din't get the one he thought was his to have.

But like some others here, I really think Huck could have handled all of this better than he did. You never want to needlessly alienate people, especially if you may want to take the plunge back into politics at a latter date.

Author:  HuckyinKentucky [ Wed May 18, 2011 6:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

goalieman wrote:
Well, maybe I was correct when I said Rollins wasn't in the loop anymore with Huck despite him thinking he still was. Rollins must need a campaign job pretty badly and din't get the one he thought was his to have.

But like some others here, I really think Huck could have handled all of this better than he did. You never want to needlessly alienate people, especially if you may want to take the plunge back into politics at a latter date.



The truth is for most of us, the only way Huck could have handled it any better was to RUN. But, he didn't and now all the hanger-oners(read rollins) have their feelings in a bunch.

What could he have done differently other than run?

I wanted Huck to run more than anything I have ever wanted in politics. But, he did not, and I don't have any other choice than to believe the reasons are exactly as he stated them. The details of the announcement are just that, details. The main point is no Huck in 2012. I have enough feelings of my own about that, so you'll just have to forgive me if I care not one little whit about Ed Rollins and his perceived slights.

Author:  goalieman [ Wed May 18, 2011 6:44 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

A phone call to Eddie boy wouldn't have hurt. You never know when you (Huck) might need your political friends again..........

Author:  QuoVadisAnima [ Wed May 18, 2011 8:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

Nope, sorry, but if you're going to tell all your supporters that you're not running because God matters more to you than anything else, then I expect you to be one who also practices God's forgiveness & treats people right whether they deserve it or not simply because He told us to.

Yes, Rollins is rude, crude & unrefined. No, unless there's something that hasn't been reported, Rollins really does not need the money. But Rollins was ready to go to the mat for GH. GH should have called Rollins. He should still call Rollins. It's painfully late, but it's not too late.

Author:  Miserere [ Wed May 18, 2011 8:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

At the very least you don't want Boston Irish on your bad side.

Image

Author:  nrobyar [ Wed May 18, 2011 9:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

I think this is totally out of character for Governor Huckabee also. I mean, Ed Rollins has been working hard to get together a team that could immediately go to work when Huckabee said the word. You would think he would deserve a call to say the least. I can understand why Huckabee did not want to tell him ahead of time, especially because he "spilled the beans" about what he did know, but Governor Huckabee has always be so gracious and considerate of others....I just don't get it. And, quite frankly, I don't get why he isn't running. He said that he didn't feel he had the full blessing of GOD or something to that effect, but all the signs were telling him to run. Every obstacle he could name, that obstacle resolved itself. It seems to me, GOD was giving him every sign that he should run.

Author:  peggyp [ Wed May 18, 2011 10:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

I feel the same way, nrobyar. He has been saying all along that if the political landscape was right and he could see that Obama was beatable than he would consider running. Well, I would say that almost miraculously everything has fallen into place which seems to me would show that God was in it. I keep asking myself how I could have been so wrong because I felt that this was an answer to our prayers. I keep thinking about this country and 4 more years of Obama. Surely Mike could see he was the only chance we had. I know that with God all things are possible and He could use someone else, but I really think something is not right here. Still greiving and feeling a little betrayed I guess. Don't know exactly why because I realize Mike Huckabee doesn't owe me anything. I sure would like a little of the peace he seems to have right now. I'm sure it will get better and I will have learned something through it all. Thank you Jesus that I can see other blessings in my life and I know Rom. 8:28!

Author:  justgrace [ Wed May 18, 2011 10:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

Iowans Rock wrote:
I think we have all been following politics long enough to take what "former staffers" have to say with a grain of salt. We have no idea if all or any of what Rollins was saying leading up to the announcement was true. Remember he said that GH's family was holding him back but then GH announced that his family wanted him to run? We really have no idea how much Rollins was still involved with GH. Just my 2 cants worth.


I, too, would say that we need to withhold judging Gov. Huckabee. Rollins said some things that weren't the nicest.

Author:  goalieman [ Thu May 19, 2011 1:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

I dunno, justgrace, but it seemed to me that Rollins was one of the few pundits out there who was sticking up for Huck over the past year or so. Certainly seems he deserved some courtesy for that.

Author:  QuoVadisAnima [ Thu May 19, 2011 2:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

peggyp wrote:
I feel the same way, nrobyar. He has been saying all along that if the political landscape was right and he could see that Obama was beatable than he would consider running. Well, I would say that almost miraculously everything has fallen into place which seems to me would show that God was in it. I keep asking myself how I could have been so wrong because I felt that this was an answer to our prayers. I keep thinking about this country and 4 more years of Obama. Surely Mike could see he was the only chance we had. I know that with God all things are possible and He could use someone else, but I really think something is not right here. Still greiving and feeling a little betrayed I guess. Don't know exactly why because I realize Mike Huckabee doesn't owe me anything. I sure would like a little of the peace he seems to have right now. I'm sure it will get better and I will have learned something through it all. Thank you Jesus that I can see other blessings in my life and I know Rom. 8:28!

I agree - it bugs me that he says believers will understand because Scripture warns us that "the heart cannot be trusted" & all the signs were falling in to place - it also seemed to me as you say that the Holy Spirit was opening all the doors. So if God is sending you multiple material signs for a yes, how can a gut feeling - an emotion - trump all that? And the fruit from the tree at this point looks pretty darn rotten as the political narrative has already moved to dismiss social issues as irrelevant. I don't get his discernment. Most evangelicals scoff at the "burning in the bosom" discernment of Mormons; well, I'm stumped as to how this differs.

Author:  beezwax [ Thu May 19, 2011 2:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

There must be a good reason for GH to ignore Ed.

Now it not the best time to focus on the negatives of this past week but on the positive.

Life has its share of tough decisions like....

1. Even though you could score 50 points a game you consistently pass the ball to the other players and win the State Tournament but not the school scoring record.
2. Let your best friend marry the girl of your dreams even though she has expressed a affection for you.
3. Help a friend pass a test even though it takes away from your studies and ruins your 4.0.
4. Even though you could go to college and get a deferrment you join the army and fight for your country.

I could go on and on but I hope you get my point.

Mike Huckabee believes his run for the White House would bring out the worst in the talk radio/GOP elite/Libertarian crowd and literally tear the Republican Party apart paving the way for a Obama victory.

Mike wins the GOP nomination but the team loses the Presidency.

Tough call but a good one.

Author:  justgrace [ Thu May 19, 2011 8:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

goalieman wrote:
I dunno, justgrace, but it seemed to me that Rollins was one of the few pundits out there who was sticking up for Huck over the past year or so. Certainly seems he deserved some courtesy for that.



Sorry, I meant in the past week or so.

Also, I think we may underestimate the difficulty of Huckabee's decision or the "raw feelings" he is experiencing. He needs our grace, patience, understanding, and especially prayers at this time. I just don't want to add to his difficulties by criticizing him on this.

Yes, I think Huckabee will communicate with Rollins, whom I would describe not just as a pundit but also as one who wanted to get Huckabee to run and probably felt snubbed and a little angry because the governor was not agreeing with his plans. Rollins was already figuring out the future--the when, where, why, how, and who, which included himself. We can all be guilty of trying to impose our own wisdom on others, when what they need is the freedom to follow their own inner consciences and calling.

It reminds me of a friend who is on a board on which I also have been for years. I actually resigned not long ago to help Huckabee. But she, meaning very well, came up with a detailed plan to present to the board whereby they could each take up this portion or that of what had been my ministry. Her presentation did not go over well. And now she is offended. But it pointed out to me the truth that you may have a wonderful plan, but if the persons involved are not feeling called to make it their own, it will fail. We do have to be fully committed in our hearts, and more so the bigger the task. One could hardly find an effort larger than that of running for President, or a commitment that might potentially cause oneself greater sacrifice and grief for one's family. It has to be the candidate's decision, not ours, not Rollins.

I am thankful for Rollins' help in the past and his good intentions to start a campaign for Gov. Huckabee, but it seems like he was offended that Mike didn't take his suggestions and fly with them. It just really wasn't in Mike's heart; he was not fully convinced God was leading him to run now. Rollins saw that earlier than most of us were ready or able to see it. But I wish he would have kept his disappointment private. Calling Mike "too fat to be President" just goes into the unkind and unnecessary category.

This brings up a concern of mine. One of the worst things we supporters in general can do is to start publicly attacking Huckabee because we are personally hurt and have felt he let us down somehow. On this forum we have seen how disastrous this type of critical attitude was for several of Huckabee's 2008 supporters (for them personally, as well as for our cause). Because they felt their advice was not taken seriously enough by the Governor--who should listen to them because they had given to the cause--it led to a critical and hurtful spirit. They sadly became his opponents with an ax to grind.

Any time we are supporters, we need to remember it is still the leader's campaign, not our own. To serve another person does not mean we lead him or her. It means we follow and help, not expecting any reward but the success of the effort. Even our suggestions need to be rendered in a humble and respectful way. The many suggestions a candidate receives cannot all be heeded. We have to trust them to do right and let it go sometimes.

This announcement not to enter the race now was, after all, Mike Huckabee's decision, between himself and his God and family. I know it is tempting to become angry at GMH for letting us down. It is way too easy to be critical when we have not walked in the other person's moccasins.

Author:  GrannyT [ Thu May 19, 2011 8:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

QuoVadisAnima wrote:
I agree - it bugs me that he says believers will understand because Scripture warns us that "the heart cannot be trusted" & all the signs were falling in to place - it also seemed to me as you say that the Holy Spirit was opening all the doors. So if God is sending you multiple material signs for a yes, how can a gut feeling - an emotion - trump all that? And the fruit from the tree at this point looks pretty darn rotten as the political narrative has already moved to dismiss social issues as irrelevant. I don't get his discernment. Most evangelicals scoff at the "burning in the bosom" discernment of Mormons; well, I'm stumped as to how this differs.

I don't like the decision either. But, it is easier for me to accept it as God's will because I was praying for His will. I admit that sometimes I was also praying for Huck to do well in polls so people really would realize he is electable. That was before Huck asked for our prayers to help him make the right decision. I'm not suprised God answered both of those prayers! We don't always understand how it is possible; but God's ways are always the best route even though it might not be the easiest. Read "Hinds Feet on High Places".

What if God's plan for Huckabee always was to be a voice in the media? I know I probably never would have listened to Huckabee if God hadn't taken him on the extremely long route to his destination. (studying in a Christian college for communications to work in the media, being a pastor because there was a need, running for Senate and losing - but getting enough name recognition to win the seat that opened for Lt Gov, the mess that forced the Gov to resign with Huck in the right place at the right time to take over, the "miraculous" victory in Iowa that won our hearts so that we would listen to the messages that got him into politics in the first place)

What gives me the right to question whether or not God's calling really was for Huck to have a national media audience - where he can take his message to we the people without being part of Washington? Reagan said, "Government is not the solution to our problem government IS the problem."

We need Huck to have that national voice to reach where the problems started that caused the government to step in as big brother in the first place - our individual lives, our homes, and our churches.

Author:  peggyp [ Thu May 19, 2011 9:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Politico: No call to Rollins

There is a beautiful song out by Laura Story called "Blessings". Not computer savvy enough to bring it here, but if you would go to You Tube it is well worth the listen as it speaks to what if our greatest disappointments are his mercies in disguise and very relevant to our disappointment right now.

Page 1 of 2 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/