Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
Wow!

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cab ... more-66911

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cab ... more-66913

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:02 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
Well, I guess Fox is really pleased. :?

I couldn't help but think that the people on CNN, MSNBC & HLN were all watching Fox at that time, too! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:20 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
I couldn't help but think that the people on CNN, MSNBC & HLN were all watching Fox at that time, too! :lol:

:floor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:32 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
Will be interesting to see what the ratings look like for this upcoming weekend show. Really hope his announcement not to run doesn't cause a cratering of his ratings.

If anyone is registered to comment on that ratings site, please correct the bozo who said Huck's show lost out to an old CNN show. Apparently they can't read past the first graph. :wall-yellow

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:43 am 
***** General

Liked: 653
goalieman wrote:
Will be interesting to see what the ratings look like for this upcoming weekend show. Really hope his announcement not to run doesn't cause a cratering of his ratings.

If anyone is registered to comment on that ratings site, please correct the bozo who said Huck's show lost out to an old CNN show. Apparently they can't read past the first graph. :wall-yellow

The numbers are likely to crash. Much of Mike's appeal lay in the prospect of his eventual run. He has said he is going to stay engaged in politics but he has made himself a "lame duck" which people will sense. The show was moderately political which is his strength. When he went with the more pure entertainment day-time model he failed to take hold.

I hope he'll do well.

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:03 am 
***** General

Southern Doc wrote:
The numbers are likely to crash. Much of Mike's appeal lay in the prospect of his eventual run. He has said he is going to stay engaged in politics but he has made himself a "lame duck" which people will sense. The show was moderately political which is his strength. When he went with the more pure entertainment day-time model he failed to take hold.

I hope he'll do well.

I really hope he does talk radio. It would be a joy to listen to him every day and he would stay in the limelight.

I am tired of Limbaugh, Beck, and Levin for reasons directly related to their treatment of GH.

If anyone did not hear his Monday radio spot (that Levin totally distorted) here it is:

http://rope.zhuc.fimc.net/player/player ... 6_2011.mp3

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

Post by beezwax Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:55 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
I disagree...I hope his ratings tank, but only because I am selfish and I want him to accept a VP bid if offered or even better, reconsider and jump in come september or october. He could get more done in 4 months in the polls than any other candidate can starting 4 months AGO. Come on Mike, get back in the race...somehow, someway.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:32 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
Talk show hosts are "a dime a dozen" but I know I watched Huckabee because Gov. Huckabee explained politics so that everyone could easily understand and he gave common sense solutions to the country's problems AND I thought he was going to have the power to enforce some of his great ideas. I think most of those watching Huckabee watched the guy they wanted as the next president. Now that we know that won't happen, people are going to lose interest in the show, IMO..at least that's how I look at it.

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:32 am 
***** General

nrobyar wrote:
Talk show hosts are "a dime a dozen" but I know I watched Huckabee because Gov. Huckabee explained politics so that everyone could easily understand and he gave common sense solutions to the country's problems AND I thought he was going to have the power to enforce some of his great ideas. I think most of those watching Huckabee watched the guy they wanted as the next president. Now that we know that won't happen, people are going to lose interest in the show, IMO..at least that's how I look at it.

Doing a talk show is very difficult. Just because you are good at other things in life (running for POTUS, doing talk radio, a celebrity already) doesn't mean you can be successful in TV talk. It is very hard to be a winner.

Can you a imagine Romney doing a TV talk show? Boring!!!! :wink:

How about Fred Thompson? Even though I liked him as an actor in Law and Order, the movies, and even his talk radio show, I could not picture him making it as a TV talk show host.

How about Ron Paul? :pigflying

I think Herman Cain could make it. He has charisma and a sense of humor which you have to have.

In the early 90's Rush Limbaugh tried it and failed. Of course that was before FOX News Channel so he fought getting into key syndication time slots. Can't bump Oprah. Nevertheless his show was much more abrasive than "Huckabee" and appealed to a smaller segment of the population.

We so often focus on GH's negatives that we forget about the positives. He is a Natural.

As far as improving the ratings for the show here are some things I would like to see him do:

1. Interview at least one of the candidates that are running for POTUS each night until the GOP nomination wraps up and keep revolving them as they mature (or implode) in their campaign.
2. Interview candidates in key Senatorial races.
3. Keep finding conservative celebrities willing to come out of the closet.
4. Highlight the Right to Life movement especially its appeal to the youth. (They are only hope to get this evil cleansed from our national soul) Do you realize how often this topic is discussed in prime time? Almost never!!