Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:50 pm 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:30 pm
Posts: 1586
Likes: 9
Liked: 72
Wow!

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cab ... more-66911

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/cab ... more-66913

_________________
I have my tin foil hat on, wearing it proudly, and will take it off on Inauguration Day 2017. Image

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:02 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:47 pm
Posts: 4564
Location: Texas
Likes: 554
Liked: 523
Well, I guess Fox is really pleased. :?

I couldn't help but think that the people on CNN, MSNBC & HLN were all watching Fox at that time, too! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:20 am 
Offline
Lieutenant General

Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:23 pm
Posts: 1049
Location: California
Likes: 151
Liked: 36
QuoVadisAnima wrote:
I couldn't help but think that the people on CNN, MSNBC & HLN were all watching Fox at that time, too! :lol:

:floor


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:32 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:45 pm
Posts: 1792
Location: Pennsylvania
Likes: 208
Liked: 275
Will be interesting to see what the ratings look like for this upcoming weekend show. Really hope his announcement not to run doesn't cause a cratering of his ratings.

If anyone is registered to comment on that ratings site, please correct the bozo who said Huck's show lost out to an old CNN show. Apparently they can't read past the first graph. :wall-yellow

_________________
Most people believe what they see, the Left see's what it believes.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:43 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:21 am
Posts: 2747
Location: Arkansas
Likes: 200
Liked: 653
goalieman wrote:
Will be interesting to see what the ratings look like for this upcoming weekend show. Really hope his announcement not to run doesn't cause a cratering of his ratings.

If anyone is registered to comment on that ratings site, please correct the bozo who said Huck's show lost out to an old CNN show. Apparently they can't read past the first graph. :wall-yellow


The numbers are likely to crash. Much of Mike's appeal lay in the prospect of his eventual run. He has said he is going to stay engaged in politics but he has made himself a "lame duck" which people will sense. The show was moderately political which is his strength. When he went with the more pure entertainment day-time model he failed to take hold.

I hope he'll do well.

_________________
"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:03 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:30 pm
Posts: 1586
Likes: 9
Liked: 72
Southern Doc wrote:
The numbers are likely to crash. Much of Mike's appeal lay in the prospect of his eventual run. He has said he is going to stay engaged in politics but he has made himself a "lame duck" which people will sense. The show was moderately political which is his strength. When he went with the more pure entertainment day-time model he failed to take hold.

I hope he'll do well.

I really hope he does talk radio. It would be a joy to listen to him every day and he would stay in the limelight.

I am tired of Limbaugh, Beck, and Levin for reasons directly related to their treatment of GH.

If anyone did not hear his Monday radio spot (that Levin totally distorted) here it is:

http://rope.zhuc.fimc.net/player/player ... 6_2011.mp3

_________________
I have my tin foil hat on, wearing it proudly, and will take it off on Inauguration Day 2017. Image

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four



Post by beezwax Liked by: Miserere
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:55 pm 
Offline
Major

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:50 pm
Posts: 290
Location: Plainfield, IN
Likes: 4
Liked: 90
I disagree...I hope his ratings tank, but only because I am selfish and I want him to accept a VP bid if offered or even better, reconsider and jump in come september or october. He could get more done in 4 months in the polls than any other candidate can starting 4 months AGO. Come on Mike, get back in the race...somehow, someway.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 1:32 am 
Offline
***** General
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:58 am
Posts: 3019
Likes: 0
Liked: 190
Talk show hosts are "a dime a dozen" but I know I watched Huckabee because Gov. Huckabee explained politics so that everyone could easily understand and he gave common sense solutions to the country's problems AND I thought he was going to have the power to enforce some of his great ideas. I think most of those watching Huckabee watched the guy they wanted as the next president. Now that we know that won't happen, people are going to lose interest in the show, IMO..at least that's how I look at it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:32 am 
Offline
***** General

Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:30 pm
Posts: 1586
Likes: 9
Liked: 72
nrobyar wrote:
Talk show hosts are "a dime a dozen" but I know I watched Huckabee because Gov. Huckabee explained politics so that everyone could easily understand and he gave common sense solutions to the country's problems AND I thought he was going to have the power to enforce some of his great ideas. I think most of those watching Huckabee watched the guy they wanted as the next president. Now that we know that won't happen, people are going to lose interest in the show, IMO..at least that's how I look at it.

Doing a talk show is very difficult. Just because you are good at other things in life (running for POTUS, doing talk radio, a celebrity already) doesn't mean you can be successful in TV talk. It is very hard to be a winner.

Can you a imagine Romney doing a TV talk show? Boring!!!! :wink:

How about Fred Thompson? Even though I liked him as an actor in Law and Order, the movies, and even his talk radio show, I could not picture him making it as a TV talk show host.

How about Ron Paul? :pigflying

I think Herman Cain could make it. He has charisma and a sense of humor which you have to have.

In the early 90's Rush Limbaugh tried it and failed. Of course that was before FOX News Channel so he fought getting into key syndication time slots. Can't bump Oprah. Nevertheless his show was much more abrasive than "Huckabee" and appealed to a smaller segment of the population.

We so often focus on GH's negatives that we forget about the positives. He is a Natural.

As far as improving the ratings for the show here are some things I would like to see him do:

1. Interview at least one of the candidates that are running for POTUS each night until the GOP nomination wraps up and keep revolving them as they mature (or implode) in their campaign.
2. Interview candidates in key Senatorial races.
3. Keep finding conservative celebrities willing to come out of the closet.
4. Highlight the Right to Life movement especially its appeal to the youth. (They are only hope to get this evil cleansed from our national soul) Do you realize how often this topic is discussed in prime time? Almost never!!

_________________
I have my tin foil hat on, wearing it proudly, and will take it off on Inauguration Day 2017. Image

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
POWERED_BY