Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:35 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
janelles wrote:
Iowa Huckabee supporters just met today. The core group is intact and will be prepared for whatever would happen.

Wow, I'm really impressed that there are still folks up there meeting as Huckabee supporters. Well done!

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:07 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
nrobyar wrote:
I would say we should spend our time sending letters to the GOP hdqtrs stating how weak the candidates are, how strong Huckabee could be against Obama, and the role they need to play in getting him into the race...If there is a chance it could happen, the party will have to be behind the man...Huckabee, of course...
Great ideal. I am game, however, my daughter and grandchildren are expected tomorrow (they hail from Oklahoma) and I will be quite busy with family the next ten days. If someone would research where and whom to address, I could pen a letter quite quickly and get it sent while kiddies in bed. :geek
I grieve better when I am proactive.

Post by Indiana4Huck Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:38 am 
***** General

Liked: 523
I was thinking about this last night with some degree of excitement, but then was struck with some problems inherent to this approach. Even if we could actually persuade the beltway elitists to back Huck, when the GOP leadership picks out a winner to back in the primary process, it creates considerable problems with the electorate. That could easily turn into an anti-Huckabee backlash with GOP voters.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
Well...at this point we have nothing to lose....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
nrobyar wrote:
I would say we should spend our time sending letters to the GOP hdqtrs stating how weak the candidates are, how strong Huckabee could be against Obama, and the role they need to play in getting him into the race...If there is a chance it could happen, the party will have to be behind the man...Huckabee, of course...
Based on what I am hearing from GH he will not pursue the Presidency. However it does seem that he would be open to a Vice-Presidential nomination.

Even though he would outshine the top of the ticket, it would be a way to get into the White House without going through the GOP circular firing squad.

Hopefully the Hate Huck Stooges of Limbaugh, Beck, and Levin would suck it up and support the team.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I don't really understand why in the world Gov. Huckabee would not consider running for president but consider being vp, which is basically a job where they do nothing and do not even "earn" that spot, ex. Sarah Palin. We need him to be making decisions to set the country right not some "name only" job. He is doing more good at FOX than he would be in the vp spot. It all just makes absoulutely no sense at all to me...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
nrobyar wrote:
I don't really understand why in the world Gov. Huckabee would not consider running for president but consider being vp, which is basically a job where they do nothing and do not even "earn" that spot, ex. Sarah Palin. We need him to be making decisions to set the country right not some "name only" job. He is doing more good at FOX than he would be in the vp spot. It all just makes absoulutely no sense at all to me...

The VP spot has the advantage of being a bully pulpit, cheerleader, PR man, and man behind the scenes. Plus he could help build a dynasty of real Conservatism. :pray

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four