Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 247
Email from Huckabee:

Quote:
Weiner Anthony When you become too big a liar to even be a Congressman...

New York Congressman Anthony Weiner is still refusing to resign, despite a weeklong lie-fest that has forever cemented the term “Weinergate” to his resume. But if he was hoping fellow Democrats would rally to his defense and be photographed with him at bratwurst fundraisers, then he has another think coming. Harry Reid told reporters he wishes there were some way he could defend Weiner, but he just can't. Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer asked for a House Ethics Committee investigation to make sure he didn't use any government computers for his extramarital Internet activities. Even Steve Israel, who's a fellow New Yorker and chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, seconded the ethics probe and accused Weiner of embarrassing himself, his family and the House. But Republicans, like GOP Chairman Reince Priebus, say that's hollow posturing. They say if Weiner were a Republican, those Democrats would be clamoring for his immediate resignation, and that's what the RNC is demanding.

My personal view: There's something else that's hollow, and that's the defense that this is a personal matter from his private life that hurt no one. Put aside the notion of his lies and hypocrisy lowering the reputation of Congress, since that ship sailed long ago. But for over a week, Weiner looked directly into the TV cameras and didn't just falsely deny his own guilt. He cast the suspicion of dirty tricks and illegal hacking onto his political opponents who were completely innocent. He also misled Capitol police and IT workers into thinking that someone might have been hacked into the online accounts of a Congress member. That could be a felonious and devastating security breach, if it had involved someone who used the Internet to discuss actual government business rather than his own business. Even if you can ever look at Anthony Weiner again without thinking of underpants, can you ever hear him again and be remotely certain that even one word he's saying is true? When you become too big a liar even to be a Congressman, then it's time for you to go.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 211
Classic Huck!

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Post by Iowans Rock Liked by: Miserere

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 653
Maybe he can find new work:

Here's a trip down memory lane:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDK8BYS2 ... re=related

"As for us, our days of combat are over. Our swords are rust. Our guns will thunder no more. The vultures that once wheeled over our heads must be buried with their prey. Whatever of glory must be won in the council or the closet, never again in the field. I do not repine. We have shared the incommunicable experience of war; we have felt, we still feel, the passion of life to its top."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:27 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
:lol: Loved Joe Isuzu! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:37 pm 
*** General

Liked: 115
That's why we love the Huckster!

By the way, I hope Weiner doesn't resign. Let him be the face of the Democratic Party.

Post by EricB has received Likes: 2 ColoradoMom4Huckabee, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:39 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
Weiner is a disgrace. I would have crawled in a hole by now. He has no guilt. What he is dragging his wife and soon to be child through is unconscionable.

As much as I disagree with Obama's policies, I am glad that he still maintains a good family man image.

I hope what is perception is reality.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

Post by beezwax Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:46 pm 
Lieutenant Colonel

Liked: 14
Joe Isuzu has a Romneyesque air about him, don't you think?