Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: debates
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:47 am 
Major

Liked: 90
I didnt get to see the debate last night :balling but from what I have read there wasnt anyone that stood head and shoulders above the rest of the field. MB did impress and Romney didnt do anything to lose support. But the question still remains: Is America happy with these choices? I would say NO, and that is the #1 reason that Huck might still get in. If he waits til after Aimes then he could have some issues...UNLESS Aimes splits the vote pretty evenly between a number of candidates. Romney wont be there so no matter who wins, they still won't be the "favorite". I think Mike has a great opportunity to jump back in....Race42012 showed that ponly 3/10 people who are planning to vote for Romney are locked in to him as their candidate. That only works out to be about 7-8% of the voting population....so his polling in the 20s doesnt mean much when MH could swoop in and grab an immediate lead!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:18 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I didn't bother to watch the debate - no stomach (or interest) for it. So I've just been watching a little bit of the aftermath & the consensus seems to be that Pawlenty's effort is in serious trouble, Bachmann did better than expected, and Romney is a shoo-in at this rate. :(

And that CNN's 'Twitter style' debate sucked -
http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives/20 ... op-debate/

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: Indiana4Huck

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
I chose to watch The Bachlorette instead of this pitiful debate....I just don't like ANY of these candidates...My husband did watch and he was most impressed with Newt. I think Newt is very knowledgeable but don't think he has the "fire in the belly" required to stick this one out and his campaign has already started to self-destruct before it even got started. I watched tid-bits FOX had on and like Bachman best (from what I saw) but none of them impressed me in the least. I think the GOP as a whole is so underimpressed with these candidates that something simply has to give...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
TheValuesVoter wrote:
Grandville wrote:
Pawlenty just chickened out on his chance to slam Romneycare.

I agree. Pawlenty didn't look like he "manned up" on this issue. It would have been just fine if he had never thrown out the term "Obamnycare" and it would have been just fine if he had said it and then proceeded to repeat it tonight. It didn't look good to pick the fight and then walk away from it on live TV.

I know that Huck is not currently in the race and we're all trying to get a feel for the other candidates. But knowing Huck and how strong a presence he is, does anyone else feel like we've gotten used to salivating over the idea of having a lunch of Filet Mignon (Huck) and are now forced to choose for our lunch the best of the Spam sandwiches (other candidates) that are available on the current menu?

Asolutely!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:54 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 19
I've been reading but not posting too much lately, mainly because I......
Guess the primary won't be an issue as I am in a late primary state.
As far as the whole election goes, especially with all the the MSM's crap,
I'm back to being cynical at best on a clear trajectory to total apathy.
They keep this up and they'll drive me all the way to Obama.
I know how to survive whether the globalists run the puppet with the Democrat
or Republican optimization package, I'm ready to at the least go third party,
as long as it does nothing to help these Republican shills.
Will probably still max out for the primary with all the money bombs like I did in '08;
after all it's only rapidly debasing fiat currency anyway.

You say "Conspiracy Theorist"?? Call me Agenda Analyst.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:57 pm 
General

Liked: 41
I couldn't watch the debate either...just no interest in anyone except Huckabee. Melopa, I agree with you except voting in a third party. That would make sure Obama wins a second term. I heard several months ago that the Tea Party and Palin supporters said if Romney got the nomination, there would definitely be a third party. Then we see Palin having dinner with Trump who has already said he wants to go Independent Party.

Does anybody think Gov. Perry would take the lead away from Romney if he enters the race? If Romney wins IA, NH, NV and SC the nomination is already his....and he has led in all of those polls recently (with Huckabee out of the race). I wonder if Perry could win IA and SC? He would definitely have the inside track in the southern states because there is nobody else to take them now that Huckabee is out. I sure wish I didn't have to add that Huckabee disclaimer...if only he would run. Now that Romney is so far in the lead, could Huckabee catch him or have the voters chosen Romney as the only person to beat Obama? What do all of you think about Gov. Perry's chances?

Guess we will just have to wait and see what comes!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:08 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
Huckabeliever wrote:
Why did CNN not have any lights to keep them on a time schedule (1 minute, 30 seconds, etc)? Lights are way cooler than John King's grunting after every word.

Congratulations, Huckabeliever. You were the first to call this.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/061 ... rator.html

We have the best pundits here. 8)

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:16 am 
** General

Liked: 107
beezwax wrote:
Huckabeliever wrote:
Why did CNN not have any lights to keep them on a time schedule (1 minute, 30 seconds, etc)? Lights are way cooler than John King's grunting after every word.

Congratulations, Huckabeliever. You were the first to call this.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/061 ... rator.html

We have the best pundits here. 8)

Haha!! :floor

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:24 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
I only saw the last part of the debate, but did anyone else catch Bachmann using Mike's line that maybe we should be choosing the GOP primary winner like an American Idol contest?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:33 am 
***** General

Liked: 259
I always find it odd that other candidates/people use Huckabee's statements.

For Huckabee's next show opening monologue he needs to have a video montage capturing his own statements then showing the others repeating him.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

Post by ConservTexan Liked by: Huckabeliever

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:39 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
Vote For Truth wrote:
I couldn't watch the debate either...just no interest in anyone except Huckabee. Melopa, I agree with you except voting in a third party. That would make sure Obama wins a second term. I heard several months ago that the Tea Party and Palin supporters said if Romney got the nomination, there would definitely be a third party. Then we see Palin having dinner with Trump who has already said he wants to go Independent Party.

Does anybody think Gov. Perry would take the lead away from Romney if he enters the race? If Romney wins IA, NH, NV and SC the nomination is already his....and he has led in all of those polls recently (with Huckabee out of the race). I wonder if Perry could win IA and SC? He would definitely have the inside track in the southern states because there is nobody else to take them now that Huckabee is out. I sure wish I didn't have to add that Huckabee disclaimer...if only he would run. Now that Romney is so far in the lead, could Huckabee catch him or have the voters chosen Romney as the only person to beat Obama? What do all of you think about Gov. Perry's chances?

Guess we will just have to wait and see what comes!

Perry conceivably could win the nomination, but I doubt he will, mainly because he can be eerily Bush-esque and GOP voters won't want to bring that to the general. If he did somehow win the nomination, Obama would have a field day in the general.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
ConservTexan wrote:
I always find it odd that other candidates/people use Huckabee's statements.

For Huckabee's next show opening monologue he needs to have a video montage capturing his own statements then showing the others repeating him.

That would be funny. I love that idea.