Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:01 am 
***** General

Liked: 211
Quote:
He hasn't endorsed a Republican candidate yet, so Mike Huckabee is proving himself to be an equal-opportunity performer at the Ames straw poll -- scheduled to jam his bass guitar at the booths of Herman Cain, Tim Pawlenty and Rick Santorum Saturday.

Each of them is hoping to pull a repeat of what the Fox News host achieved four years ago at the Ames straw poll. The long-shot candidate's surprise finish -- second behind Mitt Romney -- helped catapult Huckabee from the bottom-tier to the position of frontrunner and ultimately winner of the first-in-the-nation Iowa caucuses.

Cain was the first Tuesday to announce that Huckabee would be playing at his straw poll booth, adding that pizza from his former company Godfather's would be distributed to attendees.

"We share many commonalities, including the deepness of our Christian faith and our love of music," Cain said of Huckabee in the press release. "I am humbled by his graciousness to share his musical gifts with me and I hope Iowa voters will enjoy the show.

Shortly afterwards, as if not to be outdone, the daughter of the former Arkansas governor tweeted, "My dad @govmikehuckabee will be playing with Sonicflood and the Nadas @timpawlenty's tent at the Ames Straw Poll on Sat! Very excited!" Sarah Huckabee Sanders is heading up Tim Pawlenty's Ames effort to shore up voters at the straw poll.

A third addition to the Huckabee bandwagon came with Rick Santorum's announcement early Wednesday that Huckabee and his crew would be rocking alongside Buddy Holly's original backup band, "The Crickets," at his tent in Ames.

"If there is anyone who understands traditional family values and Iowa's great political heritage, it is Gov. Huckabee," Santorum said. "I know how much our supporters will enjoy visiting with him and dancing along to his well-known bass playing."

UPDATE 3:10p ET: GOP contender Thaddeus McCotter just announced that Huckabee will indeed join him, as well, in a jam session in Ames. Huck will join McCotter's own band for the perfomance.

http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/08/10/iowa-huckabee-man-demand

TEAM HUCK IOWA
http://www.facebook.com/TeamHuckIowa

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:25 am 
***** General

Liked: 440
Wow, just think of what a fun day it will be for Mike, enjoying so many of his favorite passions, music, politics, broadcasting and time with Sarah, all in one location. If he could preach Sunday morning, then enjoy some fishing and hunting in the afternoon and then a great dinner with the rest of the family Sunday evening, it might be a near perfect weekend.

Post by IowaforHuckabee Liked by: mxnwilson

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:44 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
IowaforHuckabee wrote:
Wow, just think of what a fun day it will be for Mike, enjoying so many of his favorite passions, music, politics, broadcasting and time with Sarah, all in one location. If he could preach Sunday morning, then enjoy some fishing and hunting in the afternoon and then a great dinner with the rest of the family Sunday evening, it might be a near perfect weekend.

Or he could trudge along with us through the amazing Iowa State Fair! And he could surely preach somewhere on the fair grounds.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:25 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
When I saw that Huck would be playing at Cain's, Paw's, and Santorum's tents, I was surprised he wouldn't be at McCotter's as well since they've played together before, so I'm glad I saw that update at the bottom!

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I wonder if there is some parallel between Huckabee's and Palin's Iowa plans? Is Huckabee just there to have a good time?