Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:16 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
Pretty fair article. A few jabs at Huckabee and conservatives in general, but some good quotes by Huckabee.

Read the whole article at the link:

Quote:
America’s Right: all at sea
Adam Haslett
22nd June 2011
An evangelical cruise reveals a united Republican party, but excessive anti-government rhetoric obstructs its path to the White House

Of its 2,600 passengers, 250 have signed up for the Freedom Cruise, a Christian gospel music extravaganza of which Huckabee, the Baptist minister and former governor of Arkansas, is the star guest and attraction. Until mid-May, Huckabee, who ran unsuccessfully for the Republican candidacy in 2008, was among the front-runners for the party’s presidential nomination in 2012. But then he told the audience of his eponymous Fox News show that: “For me, to do it apart from an inner confidence that I was undertaking it with God’s full blessing is simply unthinkable. All the signs said ‘go,’ but my heart said ‘no.’”

His decision not to run says a lot about the quarrelsome state of the Republican party as it prepares to take on Barack Obama in next year’s presidential election. I have joined the Freedom Cruise in the hope of learning where things stand on the US right and whether they can assemble the coalition needed to defeat the man whose policies they have come to despise.

http://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/2011/ ... al-cruise/

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
A very long article, but it was fun to read a little bit about the cruise that most of us wish we had been on. :D