Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Why Huckabee stayed out?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:57 pm 
Captain

Liked: 72
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/60533.html

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
I miss Huck! :balling

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:01 am 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
Huckabeliever. but he hasn't gone anywhere. He's still on Huck Pac, FNC, Radio, Facebook, Twitter. I know what you mean 'though, and it is sad that our focus and goal have taken a slight twist, but Huck is still doing the things he loves for the country he loves. :)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:16 am 
** General

mxnwilson wrote:
Huckabeliever. but he hasn't gone anywhere. He's still on Huck Pac, FNC, Radio, Facebook, Twitter. I know what you mean 'though, and it is sad that our focus and goal have taken a slight twist, but Huck is still doing the things he loves for the country he loves. :)

True. What I meant was that I miss him running for President. I can hardly stand to watch him anymore because it just reminds me of how weak the Republican field is.

Post by Huckabeliever Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:09 am 
Captain

I just watched the entire interview on 700 Club with Pat Robertson. It sounds to me like his reasoning is pivoting now to the toxic view in the the republican party. He did not talk about the "inner peace reason". He has a pulpit he can preach at every week. He looks like he's losing weight again....I'm still hoping he changes his mind. The field is anemic and no one is busting out. A huge vacuum still exist. I've said before after his announcement that their will be no one stepping up and folks will turn to Huck to get back in....I Believe.

Post by dadof5 Liked by: Texan4Huckabee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:44 am 
Private

Liked: 19
I feel the same way as Huckabeliever stated. I have very little desire to watch his show and hear him interviewing other candidates and so forth. It's like what does it really matter what he thinks now. I wish Huckabee would pay a little attention to some of the things he said previously such as "You be the somebody. You do the something." He could have been that somebody we so desperately need! Sorry, I get a little angry about it sometimes. I never believed for a minute he would not run. So what if the field is volatile, I believed he was tough enough to take it and still do. I still pray He will wake up, although I fear he may have missed his time.

Post by peggyp Liked by: karrboy84

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:08 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
dadof5 wrote:
I just watched the entire interview on 700 Club with Pat Robertson. It sounds to me like his reasoning is pivoting now to the toxic view in the the republican party. He did not talk about the "inner peace reason". He has a pulpit he can preach at every week. He looks like he's losing weight again....I'm still hoping he changes his mind. The field is anemic and no one is busting out. A huge vacuum still exist. I've said before after his announcement that their will be no one stepping up and folks will turn to Huck to get back in....I Believe.

Can you share the link for the entire interview? I'm having trouble finding it & don't have time to dig further.

I can't help but keep thinking about GH's initial response about running - that he woud get in after Ames; I'm praying that was prescient!!!
:pray

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: Texan4Huckabee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:16 pm 
***** General

Liked: 66
http://www.cbn.com/media/player/index.aspx?s=/archive/club/700club080211_ws

Interview starts at 12:40.

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

Post by bmk2307 Liked by: QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:47 pm 
Major

Liked: 90
peggyp wrote:
I feel the same way as Huckabeliever stated. I have very little desire to watch his show and hear him interviewing other candidates and so forth. It's like what does it really matter what he thinks now. I wish Huckabee would pay a little attention to some of the things he said previously such as "You be the somebody. You do the something." He could have been that somebody we so desperately need! Sorry, I get a little angry about it sometimes. I never believed for a minute he would not run. So what if the field is volatile, I believed he was tough enough to take it and still do. I still pray He will wake up, although I fear he may have missed his time.

Wow Peggy, I think you just said exactly what many of us are feeling. I know I feel that way. I don't even like getting the HuckPac emails because it just makes me think "why are you waisting time supporting those candidates when you could make a much bigger difference leading the entire nation!"? I hope Huck gets back in. At this point he still needs to wait for Perry to officially announce (he has ads running in Iowa and is in this race) and then hopefully Palin and Rudy DONT support Perry as some have expected but instead both jump in the race. When that happens polls that have all 3 of them in (with the current group) have romney around 14%, Perry around 14%, Paul, Bachmann, Palin, and Rudy all between 8 and 12%. That is enough to divided votes to tempt anyone to get in and unify the party...but only 1 man could.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:59 pm 
Major

"And elect a republican president with some true principled convictions, then we can get some things done"

Huckabee said we needed 60 conservative senators, 275 or even 300 house members, but then he specified that we needed a president with true principled convictions. Why? Why does he keep doing this? I am NOT reaching at straws here! He continues to make these small comments that are nothing to the "average" viewer but scream at me "I am thinking about getting back in...get ready!" To me it is becoming less and less "if" and more and more "when". GET READY!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:40 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
"I was closer than most people think to jumping in, Pat. But when it got down to it I felt like the atmosphere right now was so toxic."

Wow, this is big news to me. I know on Leno and elsewhere he kind of hinted at this as the ultimate reason, but here he comes out and says it.

So, the bit about not having the Lord's blessing..?

Kinda funny that Huck gives the spiritual reason in the secular media and the practical, worldly reason in one of the few places where they would accept the spiritual explanation without question.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:00 pm 
** General

I didn't mean to hijack the thread. I had watched the video in the OP and it made me sad to watch Huckabee.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:08 pm 
***** General

Thanks for the link, Brett!

Miserere wrote:
Kinda funny that Huck gives the spiritual reason in the secular media and the practical, worldly reason in one of the few places where they would accept the spiritual explanation without question.

Clearly there were multiple factors in his decision - I think it's safe to say that all of these things were in his mind & then he felt that the Lord was telling him not to (still wish he had asked God for a sign though :( and I'm still asking the Lord for one on his behalf!)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:48 pm 
Captain

I watch him every chance I get. If he changes his mind just think u guys have missed out on a lot of the process and storyline. Nobody knows the future...... I will wait patiently.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:46 pm 
General

Liked: 41
To be honest, I was so sick when I heard him announce he wasn't running, that I felt the same way as a lot of you.....I didn't want to watch "Huckabee" and see what our country was missing. BUT, after a while, I did start watching his show and am more convinced than ever that he would be the best candidate for President.

As much as I hate saying it, Romney has now gotten to the top of all the polls in all states and in most if not all national polls. I don't know if Huckabee could beat him now. I know that states like IA and SC really don't want Romney, but they don't see anybody else that can beat Obama..and that's the main issue, electability! Perry could come up and pass Romney, and as much as I can't stand what he did to Huckabee in 2008, I would find voting for him much easier than Romney any day of the week. I don't trust Romney at all! Could Huckabee go back to the top of the polls??? Could he show that he could still beat Obama? In polls like CO, NV, and all of the West, Huckabee was 3rd or 4th place, probably because of the Mormon voters who hate Huckabee. Could Huckabee win over these Western states? I don't know.

I am praying daily for God's will, even if I don't like the answer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:01 pm 
***** General

Found a clip with just Huckabee's interview.

More views into his 2012 thought processes:
He talked about
"And it just didn't appear to me that the support was strong enough to merit my getting in" which I wondered at since he was always at the top of the polls, but then he immediately started talking about the "triumverate of power" referring to "the media, the money machine, and the institutional ruling class" which he said are "the 3 entities ruling things"

He goes on to say these are the people really running things, the regular people are essentially shut out of the process.

"Money drives the politicians and the politicians drive the money"

So it sounds as though he did not see the popular support he had as being strong enough to overcome "the triumverate". He needs at least one leg of that 3 legged stool to run, right?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:27 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
If Governor Huckabee truly didn't see a "pathway to victory" I think he was selling himself far too short...True, Romney IS the front runner but a weaker one we have never had. NO ONE is fired up by him...he is just...there. If Bachmann can be in second place simply because she is a good speaker, then we are so deficit in the candidate dept. THAT is why Romney remains the front runner...and only that. We have NO ONE else...I'm sure Gov. Huckabee does not feel Romney would make a good president (better than Obama, sure, but not good). I feel the same way the others on here have stated. It's hard to watch Gov. Huckabee interviewing other candidates when HE should be the one running. It makes me almost sick to watch. And, try as I might, I just can't get excited about any of these candidates. As a matter of fact, there really are NO candidates except Bachmann and Romney. They others have fallen so far behind they cannot catch up. Perry may jump in and gain some tractions and I guess it will be a three man/woman race.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:35 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
My guess is that after Perry gets in, no candidate will be above 18-20%....sounds like there will still be an opening for a strong, conservative candidate with the skill to deliver his message. I've got one in mind!

Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 5 GrannyT, higgybaby4huck, justgrace, navyqueen, QuoVadisAnima

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:11 am 
Major

We are 2 steps away from Huck getting back in. Palin needs to announce that she is running by labor day. If she does this, Rudy gets in by Sep 15th. Polls are then split like crazy. I think things would look something like this nationally:

Romney 16%
Perry 15%
Rudy 14%
Paul 11%
Palin 10%
Bachmann 9%
others/undecided 25%

Split like crazy. Huck would have to get in at that point. He'd steal from everyone, mostly from Perry I would think. By January it would be a 2 man race (I'd say Mitt-Huck although Rudy and Palin might hang around for a while).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:29 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
Is it possible that the reasons he gave on CBN are what he's discovering? I know I've had things happen in my life that I can look back on and see God was orchestrating the whole thing. If Huckabee was being sincere that he didn't have God's permission to run then perhaps at that time he wasn't sure why God wasn't giving him the go ahead. Perhaps now he's starting to be able to articulate the reasons. Just a thought. I'm also wondering if his answer was no if he had to make the decision right then but perhaps it would have been yes if he'd been able to postpone the decision. Of course, there's always the possibility that Obama is going to win (with God's permission, He does place rulers in their positions) because this country is so wicked and will get the government we deserve.