Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:16 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
Wow!! Im surprised that Pawlenty has pulled out even before the race has begun! IMO, he was the best of the weak candidates we have to choose from. He DOES have an entire campaign staff just waiting for something to do...Governor Huckabee, are you listening!!!! It's not too late!!!

Amazing Kreskin was on Fox & Friends this am saying how, last fall, he made a prediction as to who the next president would be, then had to adjust it because Gov. Huckabee has declined to run. He went on to say how Gov. Huckabee was what the country needs right now and they had to gently lead him onto the current candidates. The current candidates are so bad, no one even wants to talk about them....

Donald Trump has also, on many occasions, stated how Huckabee would have been a tremendous candidate and could get the votes to win a general election. There is no other GOP out there who could win against Obama (except maybe Christie, just because of the big media attention he has received and the hype that went along with it).

Oh...wait...this is supposed to be about the current (boring) candidates! LOL! Back to the current topic...
What do you think of Pawlenty's giving up so quickly? Wise decision?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:29 am 
***** General

Liked: 183
I saw the Kreskin segment too...

Maybe I'm wrong here and could go back and check...but did GMH ever say his reason for not running at this time was because he could do more good from his Fox media employee?

I just don't recall that being his reason, yet I keep hearing that lately.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:55 am 
***** General

No, I think that Kreskin was just stating that HE thought that was the reason Governor Huckabee had decided to stay out of the race. He likened him to Arthur Godfrey (which I didn't think was a good comparison since Godfrey did not have executive experience and Governor Huckabee has lots of it). He stated that Godfrey had thoughts of running but thought he could do more good thru the media end...then compared him to Governor Huckabee's decision.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:44 am 
***** General

Liked: 92
Other pundit types on FOX this AM suggested hope is still out there for Christie or Ryan. Their thinking there is still time into Sept. until names have to be put on ballots in some states. Still speculation on Palin.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:31 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
It is a loss, Maxine....I had Pawlenty at the top of my Huck replacement list :(

Post by Steadfast has received Likes: 2 IowaforHuckabee, mxnwilson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:45 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 84
Steadfast wrote:
It is a loss, Maxine....I had Pawlenty at the top of my Huck replacement list :(

Thanks for sharing that, steadfast--I had no idea, and it's good to know this coming from a very strong Huck supporter. You sure did a good job of keeping this a secret, and I think if I find another favorite, I will do the same!! :idea:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:02 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
Quote:
But if Christie got in, and it was Romney, Perry, Bachmann or Christie, I'd be all in for Christie.
Agreed. Christie may not be ready for prime time, but he's way better prepared than our other offerings.

BTW, I looked up Kreskin to see how accurate he is & found this (among other things)
Kreskin's Predictions for 2009
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-amazi ... 54531.html

I did not find him to be particularly impressive

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:54 pm 
***** General

I feel Romney is almost as bad as Pawlenty in connecting with people. The strength he has is cash to go the distance. I hear Perry was able to raise a lot of money. He is in the pocket of the establishment, thus the pressure he tried to put on Gov. Huckabee last run to get out of the race before Texas. There is just something about him that I don't trust. Don't know if he would be better than Romney. I like Bachmann best but don't think she has the exectutive experience nor the crossover appeal to win. Perry reminds me a lot of President Bush...not as good-looking of course! I think that will not fare well with the independents, just my opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:13 pm 
***** General

Liked: 374
Levin is being misleading in saying Christie appointed an Islamist. He appointed a Muslim lawyer who was an attorney at one point for a Muslim Brotherhood member.

If that sort of thing disqualifies people from public service, then John Adams certainly shouldn't have been one of the Founders since he defended in court the British soldiers responsible for the Boston Massacre.

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.