Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:31 pm 
Corporal

Liked: 0
I had a really good job in the auto inustry in 2008, it evaporated in November 2008. Prior to that my wife and I attended more than a few Huckabee rallies and donated over $1,000.00 and collected an additional $1500.00 from friends and had it donated to his campaign.

We supported McCain because Mike supported McCain, We canvassed our church, spoke in study groups and prayer meetings and we pumped Mike up in any political conversation with anyone in support of Mike after the election because we thought it was going to help in 2012.

Prior to Mike's 2008 campaign we had never actively campaigned for anyone before, we did however refuse to "hold our nose" and vote on a few occasions because I beleive it only fuels a very very very corrupt government system and at least my own conscience was satisfied.

I feel the mainstream media is part of the corrupt political system in the way they seem to steer their audience towards their choice of candidates. Fox News is part of the mainstream media. When Mike said to Mitt on Saturday night that if he had chosen to run he couldnt keep his talk show on Fox it was a big blow to me.

I still believe Mike is a good man, but he will support the agenda set forth by the company he works for but that doesnt mean I have to support it.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:50 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 73
Mike stating that he wouldn't be able to 'do his show' if he ran doesn't necessarily mean that was THE criteria for his decision. He felt that God was saying no, and stating a fact that if he had run, he wouldn't be able to do the show, doesn't negate that reason.

I do worry that the temptation of big money, big fame may have stumbled Mike; I prefer to give him the benefit of the doubt, for now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 440
minorson wrote:
I had a really good job in the auto inustry in 2008, it evaporated in November 2008. Prior to that my wife and I attended more than a few Huckabee rallies and donated over $1,000.00 and collected an additional $1500.00 from friends and had it donated to his campaign.

We supported McCain because Mike supported McCain, We canvassed our church, spoke in study groups and prayer meetings and we pumped Mike up in any political conversation with anyone in support of Mike after the election because we thought it was going to help in 2012.

Prior to Mike's 2008 campaign we had never actively campaigned for anyone before, we did however refuse to "hold our nose" and vote on a few occasions because I beleive it only fuels a very very very corrupt government system and at least my own conscience was satisfied.

I feel the mainstream media is part of the corrupt political system in the way they seem to steer their audience towards their choice of candidates. Fox News is part of the mainstream media. When Mike said to Mitt on Saturday night that if he had chosen to run he couldnt keep his talk show on Fox it was a big blow to me.

I still believe Mike is a good man, but he will support the agenda set forth by the company he works for but that doesnt mean I have to support it.

I don't believe for a minute that this was the true reason he didn't run. I think he just said that off the cuff, politely trying to make an excuse rather than go into a lengthy statement about the real reason that there wasn't time for and that most people wouldn't really understand anyway. I do this all the time when there really isn't time to explain or the situation doesn't warrant it, but to not say anything would be awkward or perhaps even rude. I've noticed Mike does it all the time also; just kind of throws it out there, many times as a humble answer to a compliment. Those of us who have supported him and pretty much studied his every move over the past four years, and have heard the real reason and understand it, can see this "quick answer" thing when it happens and see it for what it is - nothing more, nothing less.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:21 pm 
***** General

Liked: 183
Steve Deace posted a blog today - in effect saying Romney lied during the interview about his record on abortion and marriage:

http://stevedeace.com/news/iowa-politic ... th-or-not/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:36 pm 
***** General

Liked: 523
I agree with Iowa4Huckabee! Mike has given out so many reasons at this point for why he is not in the race that it would be gravely mistaken to zero in on this one as if that were all he had said, or to arbitrarily give it some sort of primacy over the other things he has stated, when in fact he may have just been throwing it out light-heartedly to steer away from a tender subject between the two of them which was how I perceived it.

Post by QuoVadisAnima Liked by: IowaforHuckabee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:41 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 3
Quote:

I agree, you don't have to support any agenda that Fox is pushing.

As for Willard Romney only one of these statements can be true.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:59 pm 
Corporal

Liked: 0
In response to Iowaforhuckabee,

I wasnt questioning Mike's motive for not running, only the Lord can look inside your heart we have to accept at face value or decline to accept.

My statement reflects my belief that Mike will present the "FOX" agenda, Mitt has stated his Pro Abortion stance more than once and Mike didnt challenge him on it because "FOX" did not want him to.

Regardless of why Mike has chosen this path I am stating that I cannot walk it with him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:13 am 
***** General

Liked: 374
minorson wrote:
In response to Iowaforhuckabee,

I wasnt questioning Mike's motive for not running, only the Lord can look inside your heart we have to accept at face value or decline to accept.

My statement reflects my belief that Mike will present the "FOX" agenda, Mitt has stated his Pro Abortion stance more than once and Mike didnt challenge him on it because "FOX" did not want him to.

Regardless of why Mike has chosen this path I am stating that I cannot walk it with him.

Do you have any evidence that the higher ups at Fox are exerting that kind of editorial control over Mike?

Or bring more or more blazon man’s distress.
And I not help. Nor word now of success:
All is from wreck, here, there, to rescue one—
Work which to see scarce so much as begun
Makes welcome death, does dear forgetfulness.
Or what is else? There is your world within.
There rid the dragons, root out there the sin.
Your will is law in that small commonweal…
G.M. Hopkins.