Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:06 am 
Captain

Liked: 72
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... 14814.html

I am speechless. This guy is stuck on stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:50 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Quote:
UPDATE: A few commenters have suggested Mike Huckabee. Failing to include him was an error, and I’ve added him. He checks the social conservative box, the swing demographic box, the no Bush ties, and the experience/governor boxes. On the other hand, his public agreement with a Southern Baptist Convention statement that a wife should submit to her husband would be toxic for a lot of swing voters (regardless of your interpretation of the statement and the Biblical verse). We can debate whether he’d excite the base. I tend to think his rather public opposition to Club for Growth and continued embrace of “compassionate conservatism” are problems with today’s GOP, though perhaps Romney’s strength in these areas offsets them.

This guy placed him nearly at the bottom of the list. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:57 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Quote:
A few commenters have suggested Mike Huckabee. Failing to include him was an error, and I’ve added him. He checks the social conservative box, the swing demographic box, the no Bush ties, and the experience/governor boxes. On the other hand, his public agreement with a Southern Baptist Convention statement that a wife should submit to her husband would be toxic for a lot of swing voters (regardless of your interpretation of the statement and the Biblical verse). We can debate whether he’d excite the base. I tend to think his rather public opposition to Club for Growth and continued embrace of “compassionate conservatism” are problems with today’s GOP, though perhaps Romney’s strength in these areas offsets them.
You could claim that Huckabee wouldn't excite the base only if you ignore all polling data ever taken. I think the author is injecting too much of his own bias into the evaluation.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:59 pm 
***** General

Huckabeliever wrote:

Not really, in terms of likelihood. He admits Huckabee was an afterthought, but actually MH measures up equally to most of the other people on the list.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:15 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
Quote:
A few commenters have suggested Mike Huckabee. Failing to include him was an error, and I’ve added him. He checks the social conservative box, the swing demographic box, the no Bush ties, and the experience/governor boxes. On the other hand, his public agreement with a Southern Baptist Convention statement that a wife should submit to her husband would be toxic for a lot of swing voters (regardless of your interpretation of the statement and the Biblical verse). We can debate whether he’d excite the base. I tend to think his rather public opposition to Club for Growth and continued embrace of “compassionate conservatism” are problems with today’s GOP, though perhaps Romney’s strength in these areas offsets them.
You could claim that Huckabee wouldn't excite the base only if you ignore all polling data ever taken. I think the author is injecting too much of his own bias into the evaluation.

You're exactly right.

I fail to see Romney as "strong" in anything, but perhaps I'm injecting too much of my own bias. Ya think??

EDIT: Before my post even finished saving, I thought of something. Romney's strength (at least with Republicans) lies in the fact that he is not Barack Obama, much like Obama's strength in '08 was primarily that he was not George W. Bush.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:42 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
I really doubt that Romney or his advisors are smart enough, in terms of politics and public sentiment, to pick Huckabee. I could be wrong, but I really doubt it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:05 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
Huckabeliever wrote:

Not really, in terms of likelihood. He admits Huckabee was an afterthought, but actually MH measures up equally to most of the other people on the list.

I'm talking about his point system. He's using a 10 point system and gave Huvkabee 5 points. Only 3 people score below him.

edit-Maybe I'm misinterpreting your post. Sorry if I am.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:21 pm 
***** General

Huckabeliever wrote:
Huckabeliever wrote:

I'm talking about his point system. He's using a 10 point system and gave Huvkabee 5 points. Only 3 people score below him.

edit-Maybe I'm interpreting your post. Sorry if I am.

The guy's whole system is flawed, but depending on how you look at it, of the 15 people graded, Huckabee is only slightly below average. Of course he gave more points to folks that will NEVER be seriously considered for the slot.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:48 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
Actually, I have read several articles written in the past couple of days mentioning Huck and saying he was the late buzz.....Am I getting my hopes up??? Im trying not to...after all, I don't put much faith in Mitt's good judgement so it would greatly surprise me.....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:04 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 48
nrobyar wrote:
Actually, I have read several articles written in the past couple of days mentioning Huck and saying he was the late buzz.....Am I getting my hopes up??? Im trying not to...after all, I don't put much faith in Mitt's good judgement so it would greatly surprise me.....

Do you have the articles? I'd like to see/read them. :)

http://twitter.com/raspberrygirl12
http://roannaj.blogspot.com/