Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
My husband called about an hour ago, and again just now, to say that the lines at Chick-fil-a in Harrisonburg, VA are so long that the cars are backed up out into the road and he can't get in the parking lot. This will be the second time he's left, planning to try again later. His only worry is that they'll run out of food!

I hope every Chick-fil-a in America is having the exact same problem :D

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:30 pm 
** General

Liked: 107
I'm about to leave to drive an hour to Amarillo to go to CFA!

Post by Huckabeliever Liked by: WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:24 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
WhatsNotToLike? wrote:
My husband called about an hour ago, and again just now, to say that the lines at Chick-fil-a in Harrisonburg, VA are so long that the cars are backed up out into the road and he can't get in the parking lot. This will be the second time he's left, planning to try again later. His only worry is that they'll run out of food!

I hope every Chick-fil-a in America is having the exact same problem :D

We're having that "problem" here too!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:47 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
Looks like Drudge is boycotting one of the biggest news stories of the day.

The Hate Huck crowd is still holding a grudge. :wink:

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:40 pm 
***** General

The Waynesboro, VA CFA had overflow parking in the field beside the parking lot. I wish my husband had taken pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:43 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
I had dinner at one of the Chick fil-A restaurants here in San Diego. It was incredibly busy, but the employees all looked happy and they gave excellent, speedy service. They were also giving out coupons for free chicken sandwiches, although I'll probably give mine away since I hardly ever eat fast food. :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
I have a bit of a unique perspective today in that I was on a family road trip and actually visited Chick-Fil-As in both North Carolina and Maryland today. It was truly a sight to behold.

In one location outside of Raleigh, North Carolina, cops had to direct traffic because there was a line of twenty cars waiting to get onto the parking lot so that they could get in the drive through. I had to park way across the street so that I could walk in and get our food. And although everything inside was extremely busy, it was also very orderly. The crew did a great job in getting our order to us so we could get back on the road.

At the CFA closest to where I live, in suburban Maryland, not exactly Red State territory, the line was beyond belief. The parking lot was filled to capacity with people going to the drive through, with the traffic flowing back so far that it started to jam traffic exiting the interstate near the restaurant. Once inside, I joined a line of thirty people waiting to order, not including the people who were waiting for the food that they already ordered. The crew did a great job again getting the enormous crowd, who had been at that same level all day long, fed and happy. I've had longer waits at KFCs with no one else in line.

My thoughts based on today are:
1) The same sex marriage proponents have once again grossly miscalculated the degree to which the country is with them on this issue. Same-sex marriage advocates who are facing a public vote on the issue this fall should be worried.

2) Those who advocated boycotts of CFA, expecting the country to fall in line behind them are now facing the realization that they don't have quite as much pull as they thought they did. Sorry, Hollywood.

3) This obviously speaks well for Mike Huckabee as a conservative leader.

4) I wouldn't be too surprised if the places where CFA had especially large turnout today also became places where the Democratic Party had a harder than usual challenge this coming November. Especially with the party effectively trying to punish those who disagree with the gay marriage thing (some advocated moving their convention out of Charlotte because of the NC vote on marriage earlier this year) and them (very foolishly) trying to write support for same-sex marriage into the Democratic Party Platform (the only reasonable explanation I can find for this dumb move is that Karl Rove finally figured out how to plant sabotage into the minds of the Democratic Party leadership by remote control. It's just too dumb for words on a political level.

5) The American people have shown in force that we won't be bullied by those who try to intimidate us into aligning our free speech with their radical agenda.

If there is a Chick Fil A near you, please go and show your support while they're still open today. Great food, great company and this will hopefully show the bullies who want to attack anyone who disagree with them that their tactics will not force others into submission or agreement with them.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 2 christopher.wilkerson, GrannyT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:09 pm 
***** General

Check out Huckabee's facebook page - lots and lots of photos from all over the country, including Chicago!! Incredible turnout. https://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee

Hopefully this will send a message to businesses like Home Depot, Office Depot, Pepsi, McDonald's, and others that have openly given big bucks (not just verbal support) to pro-homosexual causes.

Post by WhatsNotToLike? Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:42 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 36
News report from San Diego:
Quote:
Charles Conklin, of San Diego, told FOX 5 that when he pulled up to the Chick-fil-A drive-through line at about 11:20 a.m., there were at least 100 cars in front of him and a pedestrian line snaked through the parking lot. At one point, the crowd broke out in applause and directed a group of uniformed troops to the head of the line so they wouldn't have to wait.

http://www.fox5sandiego.com/news/kswb-chickfila-supporters-line-up-for-appreciation-day-20120801,0,5420933.story

:D

Post by Grant Liked by: Huckabeliever

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:42 pm 
***** General

beezwax wrote:

Drudge is now linking it. Someone must monitor this forum. :mrgreen:

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:46 pm 
***** General

Those poor workers. I hope they get a extra big check this week.

Post by beezwax Liked by: Huckabeliever

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:03 pm 
** General

I went to the Chick Fil-A at the mall because I knew I could get a close parking spot (I had my 6 month old with me). On the way there I drove by another CFA and there were about 10 cars on the street trying to turn in. My CFA had about 30-40 people there. An employee told me that was the lightest the crowd had been all day. There were people of all ages and several kids. Everyone was nicely dressed. The employes thanked me several times for coming out and supporting them. They also kept walking around to tables and thanking people.

Now for my rant-I love that we were able to show our support without shouting and protesting. All we did was go eat at a restaurant and we are being called all kinds of names (most that I can't repeat). One of my friends that said her friends that were posting pics of them eating at CFA were full of hate. Other people (not my friends) were calling us bigots and Nazis. Today I received the best customer service I'd ever gotten. I heard nothing about gays, gay marriage, etc. Everyone just said they appreciated CFA. So much hate, indeed. :roll:

The tolerant left,not so tolerant.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:08 pm 
** General

beezwax wrote:
Those poor workers. I hope they get a extra big check this week.

What's great is even though they had an extremely busy day they still had a smile on their face and seemed to really appreciate our business. A lot of employees at fast food restaurants act like you are bugging them when you're the only customer at the place!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:30 pm 

Liked: 152
Great job, troops! :pompom

Our family took two vehicles (we couldn't all fit in one) to the nearest Chick-Fil-A which was over an hour away. I was very impressed with how civil the crowd was where we waited in line for about 1 1/2 hours. Everyone was waiting patiently with no yelling, pushing, or butting in line. The police in the Chicago suburb of Schaumburg had to direct traffic because so many people were trying to both lanes of the drive thru were backed up blocks down the busy street. The WGN out of Chicago helicopter was flying overhead for several minutes.

The friendly staff came out with trays handing out cups of ice water to cool us down during our long wait in the heat. My 14 year old grandson said the lines weaving in and out reminded him of waiting for the rides at Six Flags over Great America. I don't regret making the trip. The crowd was great, the service was friendly, and the food was delicious. We left my daughter-in-law's about 10:45, drove straight there, ate and drove straight home arriving back at 3:15. Yes, it was worth it. I'm not sure if we'll ever drive that far and wait that long for "fast food" again. This trip wasn't about the food. It was about freedom of speech.

I read there are protests scheduled for Friday. I wonder if the crowds will be as civil and a joy to be around as the people I saw today. Will they be able to manage with only one police officer directing traffic or will they need more to protect citizens from dangers and chaos of unruly protestors like we see in many of the liberals organized efforts? Yet, we're supposed to be the haters scratch

Post by GrannyT Liked by: TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:54 am 
***** General

Rahm Emanuel's nightmare: he finds himself running for re-election against a Chick-Fil-A sandwich. Clearly, even the people in his own city have shown that Chick-Fil-A is very much in line with their values.

http://www.suntimes.com/photos/galleries/index.html?story=14154442

The politicians who most overreached in their efforts to bash this great company wound up with egg ... er ... a number one combo with cheese ... on their faces.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:55 pm 
***** General

Liked: 259
beezwax wrote:

It is interesting that Drudge did not really cover the story. But notice that right now at least 12 hours before Chick fil A opens in the east, Drudge is showcasing a chicken sandwich with a link to the kiss in.

We all know that Drudge has his own agenda, maybe conservatives who read his site will now see what we have known all along.

Also of note, Drudge did not showcase the big Ted Cruz victory hear in Texas. Perhaps he is a Dewhurst kind of guy.

http://ilikemikehuckabee2012.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:53 pm 

Liked: 152
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/media-launches-scathing-attacks-threats-against-chick-fil-a.html

And they call us haters :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:44 pm 
***** General

Liked: 190
My husband, daughter and son-in-law all ate at Chick Fil A last night and the food was great! We went around 8:30pm and the place was packed. They said business had been great all day!

Post by nrobyar has received Likes: 2 GrannyT, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:15 am 
***** General

A couple of photos from my local CFA last night at about 9 PM. Normally, the inside of the restaurant is pretty empty at this time of night. There were 30 people in line when it was my turn to order with more people coming in every minute. The drive-through line was filled to capacity, with spillover traffic starting to block the exit of the Interstate near the restaurant - at 9 PM at night.

I asked if the restaurant had been that way all day and the staff said that it had been. I've also been there twice today and it was still busier than it had been before this whole controversy erupted.

Even with all of this, the crew still managed to get my order fulfilled in less time than it usually takes for me to go to the local KFC, even when no one else is there.

This was a great day for a great company, a great day for free speech, a great day for those of us who (without malice or hatred toward anyone) believe that marriage is a relationship between one man and one woman, and a great day for Governor Huckabee.

Attachment:
CFA1.png [1.16 MiB]
Downloaded 147 times

Attachment:
CFA2.png [1.15 MiB]
Downloaded 147 times

Post by TheValuesVoter Liked by: GrannyT

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:34 pm 
** General

It's already starting. :roll:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/08/chick-fil-a-kiss-hate-graffiti-vandalized.html

Quote:
On a day that some gay-rights activists are planning a "National Same-Sex Kiss Day," a Chick-fil-A in Torrance was vandalized overnight with hateful graffiti.

Chick-fil-A employees were greeted Fridays morning with the words "Tastes like hate" scrawled in large black lettering mimicking the chain's advertising across the back wall of the restaurant at 182nd Street and Hawthorne Boulevard in Torrance.