Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:45 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
Quote:

Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee joins Fox News Sunday this week to discuss ObamaCare, the dysfunction in Washington, and the upcoming elections in 2014 and 2016. Plus, Chris asks the Governor about his "keeping the door open" on 2016.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:26 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
Huckabee said his odds of running in 2016 were 50/50. Nothing we didn't already know. He brought up the good point (re: duck dynasty controversy) that Phil Robertson had basically the same position that Obama had in 2008. He also discussed income inequality (treading on thin ice using those terms), but made it clear that he didn't want the government to take action to correct it, but that attention should be brought to the disconnect between people disparaged for taking government assistance (the truly needy) and the too-big-to-fail big banks taking bailouts.

He then transitioned into a stump-style biography about how he grew up with the people working in the kitchen rather than the people dining at the head table. Wallace predicted he would be a formidable candidate. Indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:50 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

Liked: 23
I am excited again, and I hope he does run. What can we do that we haven't done in the past to get the truth out there? I guess I need to start doing more research on his recent positions, as I stopped watching his show soon after he announced he wasn't running last time. I was too depressed.

Follow me on Twitter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:22 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
I'm happy he's open to it, but I'm not going to get "emotionally involved" this time around until he actually announces a bid. The more I think about it, opening the door to running for presidency could just be a way to get more readers for Huckabee Post. It just coincides a little bit too well for me not to consider it.

I hope he is serious of course but honestly, I'm not taking any chances. If he's in, I'll follow and support his campaign from the very beginning of course, but I'm not going to hold my breath this time. There are other decent candidates - in fact, most of the speculated candidates can qualify as decent in my opinion. Huckabee is the best, but he is not the only good candidate this time around (like he was last time).

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:56 am 
***** General

Liked: 190
I am really excited that Governor Huckabee is seriously considering a run in 2016. I AM going to get my hopes up!

Post by nrobyar Liked by: WhatsNotToLike?