Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:03 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Peter, one of our international Huck's Army supporters, wrote this comment:
Quote:
Very encouraging news all around. I think we need to get our prayer efforts also back.

We here at Huck's Army agree: Prayer is a vital part of any success that Governor Huckabee will achieve. It is what America needs.

I think most active members here agree that our nation is in a depth of trouble that will require greater solutions than our human minds alone can find. We are in a spiritual, cultural, and existential battle for freedom, to a greater extent than at any time (I believe) since the Civil War. And we will need God's help for wisdom, strength, and direction.

Recently, at a gospel music show in Branson, Missouri, I was seated beside a man and his wife from Newfoundland. He has to travel by ferry eight hours from the eastern Canadian mainland to this large island state, then another six hours home by car. Even from that distance, he and his wife feel that our President and his policies are not only bad for America, but are also very troubling for Canada and other nations. The wife said, "Obama is the worst President I have ever seen!" They asked, "Why can't you in America stop him?"

America will continue to fall if we do not fall to our knees in repentance for our sins against a holy God. America will rise as we raise our hands in prayer to Almighty God. Of course, these terms do not mean we need to always fall on our knees to repent, or raise our hands to honor God, but this falling and rising represents our humility and trust in Him.

A preacher on the radio recently made the point that we should not just go to Romans 8:28 when we have problems, for solace. We can begin by staying out of some of those problems by going to Proverbs 3:5-7.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.

Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and depart from evil." (Proverbs 3:5-7 NKJV)

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 Hucks Army - Bill, Peter
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:44 am 
Site Admin

The Truth about Truth

1. We all know that there is such a thing as truth, and that it is the opposite of untruth. And that God is true, but the Devil is a liar. But those facts do not mean it is always simple to arrive at the truth on issues, or to convince others of the truth.

Politics is too often an area filled with shouting to convince others of our viewpoints, but it is often devoid of good will, listening ears, and unclosed minds. And so, we narrow our outreach and limit our influence. And we lose respect if we do not respect others (name-calling, rushing to judgment, etc.).

It is still true: “People don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.”

One thing I have so admired about Governor Huckabee is that he realizes that truth ultimately lies in God and His Word. But he also realizes that convincing someone who is caught up in lies, false doctrines, misinterpretations, and deceptive tales depends not on who can shout the loudest, but more likely on who can listen politely to the other person and give calm, factual, and convincing answers, all in a spirit of love. One verse he often quotes is this:

“Come now, and let us reason together, says the LORD. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” (Isaiah 1:18)

Prayer today:
Heavenly Father, help us this day to honor Your Word and to live for truth. Help us to be truthful, yet considerate of others. Help us to be honest, yet kind. Help us to be good listeners, first. And when we do not have a ready answer, help us to keep quiet or to listen to our Helper, the Holy Spirit, of whom Jesus promised:

“When they bring you to the synagogues and magistrates and authorities, do not worry about how or what you should answer, or what you should say, for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.” (Luke 12:11-12 NKJV)

Post by justgrace Liked by: Hucks Army - Bill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:56 am 
Site Admin

You are welcome to share a verse or prayer need here, or if more appropriate, to send me a PM. I love to pray. It is such an honor to have the audience of the King of the Universe!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:23 pm 
Site Admin

What are you praying for today? Do you believe prayer for America can help turn around our nation?

I am praying that as things grow worse and worse, as the Bible predicts before the end of time, that we will not become cynical. Recently, a few friends met in a home to talk with our U.S. Representative Mike Pompeo. He is extremely intelligent, a military man, and also a successful businessman. Although I do not agree with every vote he has cast, I was struck by how he answered some tough questions, seriously and yet with a sense of humor and deep concern. He carefully watched his language.

After two hours of grilling on what is going on in D.C., I thanked him for coming to talk with our little group of a dozen or so and told him, "Thank you for serving us in Washington to the best of your ability and for not becoming cynical. We are praying for you."

With genuine sincerity, he answered, "Thank you so much for your prayers. My wife and I need prayer. This is a difficult time. We hope our nation survives. Please pray for us," he almost begged.

In 2008, Jack Countryman published a little book called, If My People: a 40-Day Prayer Guide for Our Nation.

Many of you believe in praying Scripture as the best way to know how to pray. As long as we remember that all the promises in the Bible will come true, but not all are for everyone, I think that it is helpful. For example, the prayer in 2 Chronicles 7:14 was God's Word to the Jewish nation at the time. They needed to repent if God would bless their nation. But I believe the principles behind this prayer still apply today, because the New Testament also advises us to pray for our leaders.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 Hucks Army - Bill, Peter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:17 am 
Site Admin

Praying for Freedom
"He [the LORD] has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?" (Micah 6:8 NKJV)

"Humility must always be the portion of any man who receives acclaim
earned in blood of his followers and sacrifices of his friends."
— Dwight D. Eisenhower

While touring the newly (magnificently!) renovated Kansas State Capitol recently, our little group was reminded again and again of the prominence of President Dwight D. Eisenhower in Kansas politics and history. He was the 34th President of the United States, and Kansas was the 34th state to be admitted to the Union called the United States of America. Our tour guide pointed out many instances where the architects incorporated the number thirty-four in the capitol design—for example, 34 lights in each chandelier of the senate chamber.

I remember loving President Eisenhower as a little girl, because he looked so much like my own Daddy. More recently, I have been impressed how often he spoke of America's need to rely upon God and to pray for this nation. With his military background as Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during World War II, he knew the tremendous cost, especially in the lives of our brave young men. He understood, as few men would, the price of freedom, as well as the price the people of the world pay when evil men like Hitler are allowed to succeed.

America and all of Europe owe a great debt of gratitude to Dwight David Eisenhower and the godly “River Brethren” Mennonite parents who raised him to know God and to serve Him humbly.

"Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so
it must be daily earned and refreshed--else like a flower cut from its
life-giving roots, it will wither and die." — DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER

A Prayer: Our Heavenly Father, in Jesus' name and for His sake we pray, that we will learn to rely upon you for the revival of faith and freedom in this land. Help us to remember those brave soldiers who paid so much that freedom might endure. Thank you for President Eisenhower and President Reagan, as well as others of our heritage who gave so much that people could live in freedom. Thank you for America, and wash the guilty stains from her flag so that we may again prosper and be a beacon of Your grace to the world. Thank you for the background, training, and spirit of Gov. Mike Huckabee, whom we think would also make a humble and inspiring, strong yet peaceable President that our nation sorely needs. Give him wisdom and strength for whatever future job you may have for him.

Learn more at http://www.eisenhowerfoundation.net/general.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
Grace I have Just been reading your posts on prayer, you have posted some great insight and messages that we can use to advance our goal of returning our country to our Biblical world view and stop the slide of our moral condition.

I will be following up with some comments and posts to what you have posted. It will be based on the story of Nehemiah and the rebuilding of the wall in record time.

Bill

Post by Hucks Army - Bill Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:57 am 
Site Admin

Bill, we will be looking forward to your comments and posts on the story of Nehemiah! It has been awhile since I studied this inspiring story, full of wisdom for our times. As we rebuild our Huck’s Army and try to reunite to save our nation in 2014 and beyond, we will need wise counsel from Almighty God, as well as His protection.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Building and Protecting
In rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem, there was a need for workers but also for provisions for their defense (Nehemiah 4:1-23). Our nation, too, is facing destructive forces that require our vigilance in turning them back. The enemy of our freedom, at its root, is as it has always been in every nation—satanic. And our source of protection and freedom is as it has always been—through Almighty God. Jesus said in John 10:10 (NKJV):

“The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy.
I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”

Jesus, our Good Shepherd, is the wall of protection, like Nehemiah’s wall.
Jesus is the Door (vs. 7) who will not let intruders in to destroy His sheep.
And when the sheep are in the pasture, feeding, a Good Shepherd will not run off like the hired worker (vs. 12-13), but will “lay down [His] life for the sheep.”

As conservatives, we believe that the government was ordained to protect life, first, just as Jesus, the Good Shepherd protects and keeps those in His fold. We believe in sacrifice and staying true to our core principles, even to laying down our lives for others. If these principles are no longer held, the people of this land will be destroyed, and that includes our precious children and grandchildren.

A dear friend recently gave me a hand-written card with this quote from J.C. Ryle’s book, Holiness:

Quote:
The true Christian is called to be a soldier and must behave as such from the day of his conversion to the day of his death. He is not meant to live a life of pious ease, indolence, and security…
If he takes his standard of Christianity from the people of this world, he may be content with such vain notions—but he will find no countenance for them in the Word of God. If the Bible is the rule of his faith and practice, he will find his course laid down very plainly in this matter. He must "fight."

Our Lord and Good Shepherd, thank you for giving Your life for us, for protecting and feeding us daily, as we depend upon You. Help us to be grateful and to show our gratitude in humble obedience and service to You, that our families, our communities, our churches, and our nation may be preserved. Please forgive and help us draw near to You as individuals and as a nation, so that you may revive this nation and bless it with your spiritual "abundance." In confidence we pray, in Jesus' name.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:14 pm 
Site Admin

This morning I woke early and decided to look back at the prayer thread we started here several years ago, when we were trying to urge Gov. Huckabee to enter the Presidential race again.

The first post was 12 specific areas of need for Governor Huckabee, which would affect if he would choose to run in 2012. These prayers would be very helpful for us to review and pray over again, as we are again wondering about if the 2016 race would be the actual time when God may want him to enter that race. We just do not know, but God does.

So, please go back and pick up that thread again and think how to pray now. On about page 15, we saw the answer for 2011, that Gov. Huckabee just did not feel God's peace that it was the right time for him to run. It brought some tears to read this, but then it also brought some tears of joy to see how we came to accept God's will. Hope you enjoy reading page one, and then page 15.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23913

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:50 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
Rebuilding The Wall

Since the beginning of time, man and mankind as nations, have had to make this choice, Choose You This Day who you will serve!

Deu_30:19 I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:

Jos_24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

1st Cor. 15
Paul states here that we must choose to believe either Christ has risen from the dead or he has not risen. Paul states, if Christ indeed has risen then: Do not be misled: Come back to your senses as you ought, and stop sinning.

Grace Posted Above!

I think most active members here agree that our nation is in a depth of trouble that will require greater solutions than our human minds alone can find. We are in a spiritual, cultural, and existential battle for freedom, to a greater extent than at any time (I believe) since the Civil War. And we will need God's help for wisdom, strength, and direction.

As conservatives, we believe that the government was ordained to protect life, first, just as Jesus; the Good Shepherd protects and keeps those in His fold. We believe in sacrifice and staying true to our core principles, even to laying down our lives for others (WW I & WW II). If these principles are no longer held, the people of this land will be destroyed, and that includes our precious children and grandchildren.

A dear friend recently gave me a hand-written card with this quote from J.C. Ryle’s book, Holiness:

Quote:

The true Christian is called to be a soldier and must behave as such from the day of his conversion to the day of his death. He is not meant to live a life of pious ease, indolence, and security…
If he takes his standard of Christianity from the people of this world, he may be content with such vain notions—but he will find no countenance for them in the Word of God. If the Bible is the rule of his faith and practice, he will find his course laid down very plainly in this matter. He must "fight."

It is still true: “Nobody cares how much you know until they know how much you care.” --Theodore Roosevelt

Politics is too often an area filled with shouting to convince others of our viewpoints, but it is often devoid of good will, listening ears, and unclosed minds. And so, we narrow our outreach and limit our influence. And we lose respect if we do not respect others (name-calling, rushing to judgment, etc.).

"Freedom has its life in the hearts, the actions, the spirit of men and so it must be daily earned and refreshed--else like a flower cut from its life-giving roots, it will wither and die." — DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER

A Prayer: Our Heavenly Father, in Jesus' name and for His sake we pray, that we will learn to rely upon you for the revival of faith and freedom in this land. Help us to remember those brave soldiers who paid so much that freedom might endure. Thank you for our heritage and those great leaders of the past who gave so much that people could live in freedom. Thank you for America, and wash the guilty stains from her flag so that we may again prosper and be a beacon of Your grace to the world.

We all know and talk about 2nd Chr. 7:14, the verse in 2nd Chronicles 7:14 was God's Word to the Jewish nation at that time. They needed to repent and turn from their evil ways so God could heal their land. I believe the principles behind this prayer still apply today, because the New Testament also advises us to pray for our leaders.

Now I post!

I see our country and we as a people living today as Nehemiah was in his day. We as a people and country, beginning from our founding fathers thought out our history, except for the Civil War and the great worldwide depression have been truly blessed. No major cities destroyed by war as was in Europe and Japan, no massive starvation and no massive disaster that has killed tens of thousands. We have always been the place that people wanted to break into instead of break out of. For, by far, most of our history (except the time of slavery) we have been that shining light on the hill, a beacon of hope for most of the world.

But now we have become "at ease in Zion," "still grinding at the "mill," "whatever will be will be, Que Sera Sera" and not paying attention to what is happing to us, our country and the world. Nehemiah had it made in life as cupbearer to the king; this high position brought him great prestige and wealth. Just as Nehemiah had it made, we as a country and most of us personally have had it made, compared to the rest of the world.

Then one day Nehemiah got news about how bad things were for his people still back in Jerusalem and he became very sadden of heart. After hearing this news Nehemiah started making a plan to help his people restore Jerusalem and the wall that surrounded and protected it.

We here in America got our news of how bad a condition our country and the world was in on 9/11 and then this news was reinforced in the fall of 2008 when the Stock Market crashed. On 9/11 we realized that our gates of protection had been burned and in late 2008 we learned that our wealth was fleeing.

At the top of this thread there is a reference to 2nd Chr. 7:14 and a lot of people are clinging to this verse as hope for the future of our country. But we need to not only just pray and hope, we need to follow in Nehemiah's footsteps and start making plans to restore the moral values and greatness of our country.

In Nehemiah there are similar verses and wording that is found in 2nd Chr. 7:14. Nehemiah 1:6, I confess the sins we Israelites, including myself and my father’s house, have committed against you. Then in verse 9, but if you return to me and obey my commands, then even if your exiled people are at the farthest horizons, I will gather them from there and bring them to the place I have chosen as a dwelling for my name. (NIV) I know these passages are talking about the Jews returning to Jerusalem, but we are now living as spiritual Jews in a New Jerusalem and that is the Church.

Today in America the Church, (us as Christians) and its moral values and good works have been scattered to the farthest horizons, but I believe God is giving us one last chance to save our nation. Just look what is now happing in Eastern Europe and the Middle East. Then take a good look at ourselves. The Church is in decline, higher and higher drug use, high rate of divorce, high rate of single parent households, higher and higher rate of people not working and providing for their families, and now the worst thing of all is, The Church has gladly turned its responsibilities over to the government and the government has become our source that sustain us; therefore our god determining who prospers, who is penalized, who lives (abortion) and soon to be who dies (Euthanasia).

As we go forth, we will be using these books, chapters and verses as guides to lead us in the direction that will restore us as a people and a nation back to being that “Shining City on the Hill” and a “Light to the World.” Nehemiah, chapters 1-7, The complete book of Joel, Isaiah, chapters 1-14 and then toward our final destination as a people and a nation, Isaiah chapters 51-66, Acts 2:42-47. Please read and study the listed sections above as they will be our main guide to follow as God uses his people to bring our country back into his favor once again and as he has continually done throughout the ages show His power, His greatness and His Grace.

Post by Hucks Army - Bill has received Likes: 2 justgrace, WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Who Will Save America?

In the last Presidential contest, Christians and conservatives stayed at home from the polls in DROVES.

Roughly, only half of Christian conservatives are even registered to vote! And of those registered, only about half of those even bothered to get out and vote in the last election! So, we handed the most liberal President in American history another victory--and four more years to bring our nation closer to destroying its freedoms, prosperity, security, and influence in the world. He did not win by cleverness or a better campaign or more money. Not really. He won because we didn't care enough about the future of our nation to make the effort to exercise the most wonderful of privileges any peoples could hope for--the right to vote.

If we could have convinced every Christian conservative to vote Republican (yes, I know the party has its problems, too), the damage done would have been considerably less. And, if we can now convince Christian conservatives to become political activists, doing all we can with God's help to save this nation, we can be a mighty army that would be unbeatable. And if we are wise (and blessed by God), we will do all we can to help a good, wise, and godly man--one of the most successful governors in our nation's history, Governor Mike Huckabee--to win the Presidency in 2016.

Do we believe this enough to act on our belief?

Scripture references:
Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, and the people whom He has chosen as His own inheritance. (Psalm 33:12 NKJV)

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.
Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the LORD; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer. (Romans 12:9-12)

Prayer:
Lord God, we confess to You our own sins of complacency, of non-involvement, of complaining and not working. We have not always been faithful in prayer. We have been proud, and even contemptuous of fellow Christians. We have waited for others to carry the load. And so, we have not cared for our own children, grand-children and brothers and sisters, or for our land to be a holy nation. We have not been good stewards of the gifts handed down to us. Forgive us, for Jesus' sake, and help open our eyes to what must be done. Strengthen our weak hands. Lift us up to serve You first, and then our family and others. And stay the hands of those who would come into our land, and take our freedoms, and confiscate our wealth, and burn our churches, and destroy our freedom. For we pray in the mighty name of God's own Son.

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

Yesterday's prayer post may have seemed a bit harsh and negative. It was a wake-up call, which is needed when we have been misled, misguided, complacent, or just feeling HOPELESS about changing anything. I need that message of repentance as much as anyone!

I do believe we each have a responsibility to do all we can to help save our great nation. In the coming days, we will bring some good ideas at Huck's Army for action that can change America!

Psalm 33
Psalm 33 is a great chapter for our time, since it focuses on the timeless power of God's Word and "waiting on His mercy." This chapter says, "There is hope."

After we finish our daily time of repentance (or before!), we can do what God wants the most. We can praise Him! And not just feebly, but with exclamation points!!!

Scriptural Wisdom:
REJOICE in the Lord, O you righteous!
For praise from the upright is beautiful.
Praise the LORD with the harp;
Make melody to Him with an instrument of ten strings.
Sing to Him a new song;
Play skillfully with a shout of joy. (Psalm 33:1-3 NKJV)

Prayer:
Our Heavenly Father, please give to us a deep joy as we trust in You! Thank you for finding our praise beautiful, even if we cannot keep a tune. We thank you, also, for stringed instruments, such as Gov. Huckabee has enjoyed. Please help us to use whatever gifts You have given us to worship you. Lord, we love You and praise You. In Jesus' name.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

PSALM 33
Do you and I sometimes doubt God, that He is faithful in all His ways? That He is right? That His words are really true?

It is natural to do that sometimes, especially if things do not seem to be going our way. But PSALM 33 reminds us that God IS dependable, even though we are not always. If He were not reliable, then there would not be much point in our praying to Him, would there?

Scriptural Wisdom:
For the word of the LORD is right,
And all His work is done in truth.
He loves righteousness and justice;
The earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
(Psalm 33:4-5 NKJV)

The heart of Psalm 33 is found in verses four and five, which focus on the dependability of God. Notice how His words are correct--not needing apology or "fixing"--and His works are as well. They will always be based on truth, even though it may be higher than our mortal minds can comprehend.

Thus we can trust Him when we pray. We can rest in Him to show us the way. Verse five explains a little more of the why we can trust Him: He is GOOD; He loves righteousness; and, yes, He loves justice.

Prayer:
Our LORD, whom Jesus Christ as God's Son taught us to address, "Our Father in Heaven": We can never fully appreciate Your word, but as we read it and pray with belief, help us to understand what You are saying. We thank you that Governor Huckabee has led the way, rather unique among politicians, of starting his career in teaching Your word and loving Your people. We pray that as he is pursuing other careers that opportunities will open for him to spread the truth of Your love and righteousness in whatever venue You prepare for him. Help our nation (as Huckabee wrote in one of his books) to "Do the Right Thing," with the help of Your Holy Spirit. May we witness in the days ahead an outpouring of the Spirit upon America, reviving us again, making us honor and appreciate Your word, Your works, and Your character. [Say "Amen" if you agree!]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Psalm 33

Our Creator and Keeper:
The last prayer post from Psalm 33 was from verses 4-5 and talked about God's Word being right and true. It spoke of God being righteous and just. It said that the earth is "full of the goodness of the LORD." We know He, in His graciousness and kindness, sends the rain on both "the just and on the unjust." Because of this innate kindness of God, He tells us:

Scriptural Wisdom:
"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'
But I say to you, love your enemies,
Bless those who curse you,
Do good to those who hate you,

And pray for those who use you and persecute you,
That you may be sons of your Father in heaven;
For He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good,
And sends rain on the just and on the unjust." (Matthew 5:44-45)

Our nation once valued the Word of God as a guide for law and government and as the main textbook for our children. The Ten Commandments were displayed in public schools, and morning classes were preceded with prayer. Not so anymore. It is not so much that laws are being made by our legislature to discredit God's Word, but the Supreme Court and other liberal courts and justices are no longer honoring God or His Word as true; they are making decisions to exclude Him, and punish those who love God. Our bureaucracies are also taking this path, denying God-given rights. We know that even the President and his party have turned against God's Word and His people. At the Democratic National Convention, Jerusalem was booed and God was voted out of their platform.

We need to pray for those who have declared themselves enemies of the God of the Bible. And we need to seek peace and forgiveness among our brothers and sisters, too.

Prayer:
Creator God, who makes the sun to shine on the evil as well as on the good, and sends rain on the unjust as well as the just, help us to heed the words of Jesus Christ, who told us to "love [our] enemies and do good to those who hate [us], and pray for those who spitefully use [us] and persecute [us]." This does not come easy or natural for us, but this is our desire, to be Your sons and daughters. Forgive our sins, help us trust You and your salvation that Jesus bought on the cross for us. Thank you for the example of Governor Huckabee through the years, in telling us to "do to others as you would have them do to you." Bless and strengthen his influence. And "deliver us all from the Evil One." In Jesus' name.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:11 am 
Site Admin

Psalm 33

Our LORD Is An Awesome God
Psalm 33 is based on the character and wisdom of God (which we can learn about through His Holy Word) and also on the evidence of His greatness in all things He created--so easily, so quickly, in fact. Because of His awesomeness, He alone is worthy of ultimate praise and, yes, a measure of fearful respect!

Scriptural Wisdom:

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made,
And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.
He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap;
He lays up the deep in storehouses.

Let all the earth fear the LORD;
Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him.
For He spoke and it was done;
He commanded, and it stood fast.
(Psalm 33:6-9 NKJV)

A Prayer:
Our Creator God, holy and awesome are Your name and all Your works! At the sound of Your voice we bow, along with all creation! As we look about today, remind us of the mightiness of Your creation, and yet the provision for every living creature--for food, rest, air and water, and the instinctive knowledge that there must be a God! Take the bitterness and unbelief away, which Satan and forces of evil would plant in our minds to keep us from true worship of You. Thank you for sending the written word of God, the Bible! Thank you for giving Your Son, Jesus Christ, who is the manifestation of the Living Word on earth! And for the beauty and power shown in the storms of earth, the depths of the oceans, and all the myriad of inhabitants, we thank you. Great is our God!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:36 am 
Site Admin

PSALM 33

Just now, I finished talking with Mary, a paid caller for the National Committee for Family, Faith, and Prayer. Governor Huckabee, a longtime supporter of David Bossie and this group, began the call with a message on behalf of their latest mission of highlighting and raising a large rally of support for the National Day of Prayer on May 1. As Mary pointed out, President Obama has attended only one of these national Days of Prayer, which was before his re-election. Under the court's anti-religious-freedom rulings (in cases brought by anti-god liberals), our schools have been stripped of the mention of Christ as well as daily prayers; the name of Jesus has been stripped from military prayers and chaplains' speech; and now the National Day of Prayer is being attacked.

Governor Huckabee, in his telephone appeal, quoted from the Psalm we are highlighting on this thread--Psalm 33:12.

Scriptural Wisdom:
Quote:
10)The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing;
He makes the plans of the peoples of no effect.
11)The counsel of the LORD stands forever,
The plans of His heart to all generations.
12)Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD,
And the people whom He has chosen as His own inheritance. (Psalm 33:10-12)

A Prayer:
Our LORD, who rules and overrules the counsels of all the nations--even those who are worrying our nation and threatening our freedoms, such as Russia, Iran, North Korea and others--we know that You can make all the plans of evil against freedom-loving people of no effect. We ask that all the plans of those who with evil intent, including terrorists who may at this moment be in our nation, plotting its demise, that their schemes would be exposed and that they would be caught before causing harm. Your Word is eternal; Your plans will not fail! Thank you for sending Your Son--we proudly say the name of JESUS! Help the godly people of this nation rise in honor of you to say, "God is our LORD," so that we may be blessed and a blessing to others.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

PSALM 33
What does the LORD God see when He looks down from heaven? How does He judge our country, our people?

Scriptural Wisdom:

Psalm 33:13 tells us:
Quote:
The LORD looks from heaven; He sees all the sons of men.

The sight He sees does not always bring Him joy, according to Psalm 14:2-5:
Quote:
The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God.
They have all turned aside. They have together become corrupt;
There is none who does good, no not one.

Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge, who eat up my people as they eat bread,
And do not call on the name of the LORD?
There they are in great fear,
For God is with the generation of the righteous." NKJV

Even the movie Noah gets this right: Every person is sinful, with a capacity for any evil; none of us can do good always. We deserve to be judged again, as by the Great Flood, but God set a rainbow in the sky as a promise that He would not again destroy our earth with a flood. He sent His Son to live the perfect life we cannot, and to die for our sins, in our place, that we might be delivered.

God is looking today for repentance, a change of heart, in this "day of His grace." As verse 5 of Psalm 14 says, "God is with the generation of the righteous." Let us turn to Him, to be made that "righteous generation," whose "hearts He fashions individually [vs. 15]."

A Prayer:
Our Father in Heaven, You alone are just and sinless; we pray for this nation, especially, that we will turn to You so that we may escape judgement. Let us not be fools who say "there is no God," thereby inviting corruption and "abominable works [vs. 1]." Forgive us for allowing our schools to teach atheism, our courts to judge as if there is no God, and our Congress and President to turn from righteousness. We are all like sheep, being led too easily astray, and not like "the generation of the righteous." This we pray, that You will send a great revival of repentance and faith, and may we stand with Israel, for "the LORD brings back the captivity of His people (Jacob and Israel)[vs. 7]."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

Remembering back to March 15, 2011, just after Governor Huckabee told his supporters on the Huckabee show that he would not be running in 2012. We had prayed earnestly that he would reconsider, because we knew how desperately we needed a good and godly man for President of the USA.

Here is a prayer post from that day:

Quote:
Psalm 37:5-8 (NKJV)

"Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.

"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret--it only causes harm."

Governor Huckabee did just that. He committed this to the Lord in prayer, waited patiently for an answer, did not fret about his enemies, never operated out of the anger or resorted to wrath against them. For that I thank God.

Looking back (in my tears) I know God gave me this verse for us to ponder right before the announcement. If Governor Huckabee has committed his way to the LORD and trusted in Him, He will bring forth "righteousness as the light" and "justice as the noonday." Thank you, Lord, for this promise.

That has been the theme of Huckabee's books: RIGHTEOUSNESS. It means to Do the Right Thing. It means to go From Hope to Higher Ground. It is not just an earthly, temporal race, it is about Living Beyond Your Lifetime.

A Prayer:
Dear Lord, Sweet Jesus, these tears we can't hold back because of disappointment...Take them and use them to sprinkle on the sacrifice of whatever it is that you have for Gov. Huckabee and us to do next. Thank you that in an industry of the media, where the name of Jesus is not often said in praise and reverence, that Mike gave You the honor. We do not know where to go from here, but we praise You that there are no mysteries to you about the bigger picture and plan. Help us to remain faithful, committed, and hopeful.
In Jesus' precious name, for it is above all names. To God be the glory.
- Grace
from March 15, 2011

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:08 am 
Site Admin

Psalm 33

I remember as a child learning the verse (in the King James Version): "Thou God seest me!" (Genesis 16:13) It was alternately comforting or scary, depending on whether I needed His love and comfort like I found in the picture of Jesus taking the little children on His knee, and blessing them. Or, if I had committed one of my little crimes (like telling a lie, or saying bad things about schoolmates, or disobeying my parents), it could be scary!

How do you feel knowing God sees you at all times? What does it mean that he watches over America, and over each person?

The key word in the next passage from Psalm 33 seems to be all!

Quote:
The LORD looks down from heaven;
He sees all the sons of men.
From the place of His dwelling He looks
On all the inhabitants of the earth;
He fashions their hearts individually;
He considers all their works (Psalm 33:13-15).

A Prayer:
LORD of heaven, we take comfort in learning that You know all things and see all things. You are not taken aback by anything, nor are You surprised. Like Hagar in Genesis 16:7, we can be comforted "because the LORD heard my affliction." Thank You for seeking the lost and finding them. We pray You will seek this nation and her people, who increasingly seem lost and without hope or purpose. When Hagar was turned out of Abraham's home with her son, Ishmael, "the LORD found her by a spring of water in the wilderness (Genesis 16:7)." Thank You, Lord, for finding us when we are lost, lonely, or abused. Like Hagar, we call You "the God who sees me." You see and beckon us to repentance and faith. You, Christ Jesus, are that same "Angel of the LORD," Mighty to Save. Bless us this day, though we do not deserve Your goodness. We need it desperately!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:08 am 
Site Admin

Psalm 33--Protection

What will we need to save America from enemy attacks? From the Taliban and other terrorists? From the Communists? What other enemies do you find fearsome to our national security? To families?

Perhaps the enemies you fear most--which could make life miserable or tenuous--are from within our own government. America's Constitution (based on Judeo/Christian principles) designed for the government to be our servant, and we its master. An increasingly tyrannical government, though, is taking from us what we should most desire keeping--our freedom to worship God and our ability to take care of our families in peace and security.

Psalm 33, verses 16-17, reveal the shortcomings of earthly might, while verses 18-19 show advantages that apply to "those who hope in [God's] mercy."

Quote:
No king is saved by the multitude of an army;
A mighty man is not delivered by great strength.
A horse is a vain hope for safety;
Neither shall it deliver any by its great strength (vs. 13-17).

So, military might, alone, is not enough!

Next, we are reminded, in verses eighteen and nineteen, that the LORD God is watching it all from heaven. He knows infinitely more than the smartest of mankind, and He has the advantage of being able to see everything at once, thereby eliminating any possibility of Him being "blind-sided:"

Quote:
Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him,
On those who hope in His mercy,
To deliver their soul from death,
And to keep them alive in famine (vs. 18-19).

A Prayer:
Our LORD and Father in Heaven:
We acknowledge that guns and bombs and transports of weapons and soldiers are not enough to save any nation. The strength of men or horses, or our modern equivalents, cannot save us. Help us not to trust in "vain hope," but to trust in the name of the LORD our God. Our enemies terrorize us when we get our eyes off of You. But Your eyes are upon us, watching day and night. May we confess our sins and turn to You, unashamedly and full of faith! For You alone can save us, to keep us alive and protect us from death. Please send us godly defenders who rely upon You, and help Governor Huckabee as he goes about our nation defending our freedom and the right to speak and assemble. In Your hands we place our lives and our country. Keep our freedoms alive, we plead, and preserve this nation. In Jesus' name.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

Psalm 33

God wants us to be attached to Him in a very personal way, according to the last three verses of Psalm 33. They remind us almost of a young girl in love, standing at the window and looking for her beloved to come home after a long absence. She is longing for his arrival. She can't wait!

Christians have that sort of longing for the promised return of Jesus Christ. Here in Psalm 33 the Psalmist speaks of the LORD God with the same need for closeness to God.

Notice the words: "Our soul waits" [=awaits, longs for, tarries];
"Our soul shall rejoice [=brighten up, be glad, make merry] in Him;
"...we have trusted [=been made bold, confident, sure] in His holy name;
"...we hope [=tarry, pained in waiting, pining, and trusting] in You."

Quote:
Our soul waits for the LORD;
He is our help and our shield.
For our heart shall rejoice in Him,
Because we have trusted in His holy name.
Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us,
Just as we hope in You. (Psalm 33:20-22 NKJV)

A Prayer:
Our Lord God, this world desperately needs You, but it does not often seek for You or wait for You. Yet, You have reached out to us through Your Holy Word, to draw us to You. Give us the type of faith that looks to You, our Lord, as our help and shield against harm and evil. Give us also a love that looks to You with longing and with joyful, loving trust. Our nation has turned against You, so we pray for Your mercy (and not Your justice) to be upon us. Thank You that Governor Huckabee has put his hope in the LORD and seeks to have a life that will honor God. Watch over him, we pray, that he will not stumble but will be strong and wise in how to lead. If it is Your will, make the way for him to become our President. In Jesus' name.