Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:16 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Overcoming

All of us want to be winners. When confronted with the question, "Would you like to lose, or to be defeated?" hardly any of us would chose loss and defeat. But some who have come to know Jesus Christ as their savior, and who have given up their lives of sin or pride or wrong direction, will later say, "I lost it all to find everything, and I am glad." I guess it depends upon whether the things we win are truly valuable in the long term. It depends upon eternal values.

Quote:
For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments.
And His commandments are not burdensome.
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world.
And this is the victory that has overcome the world--our faith.
Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?
(I John 5:3-5 NKJV)

As we watch the political battles across the world, and particularly the troubling rise of antisemitism in Europe and the Middle East, and the persecution of Christians and Jews for their faith, we may wonder how God judges "overcoming." Does He care? Does He help?

Yet, we hear of fantastic movements of His Spirit in lands that have been more closed to the gospel, including China and India. Recently, the Gideon's International organization has heard from people in these two nations, begging for thousands of copies of the Bible. And in closed Muslim countries, people are dreaming dreams and answering the call of Christ to trust Him, despite the suffering they must endure. Miraculous the stories! So, yes, in the battle that matters most, we are winning worldwide (not politically, but spiritually).

I hope to continue a prayer series here on what it means to "overcome the world" with God's love. How would God want us to proceed? Does He care about America's spiritual needs, and about the rise of immorality that threatens our existence? Are the solutions merely political? Stay tuned for more from I John 5. And pray for godly wisdom in how we can overcome the evil that is threatening our nation and our liberty.

Prayer:
Dear Lord of Heaven and Earth, we know that You have overcome sin and death at the cross and with the resurrection of Christ Jesus from the dead. All other victories seem so small in comparison. Yet, we would pray for Americans, and particularly for people of faith to learn how to overcome the obstacles and the sins that would defeat us. Make our political efforts to be based upon these principles of love that You have taught and demonstrated in life and death. We pray for Governor Huckabee as he attempts to live according to the principles of faith, that he may succeed and glorify You. Help us to bring to America, in the way we run our campaigns, a visible commitment to this principle: We overcome the world through our faith in Jesus, God's Son. And in His name we pray, for freedom's sake.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:25 am 
Site Admin

Overcoming

This is the message which we have heard from Him [Jesus] and declare to you:
that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all!
If we say we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness,
WE LIE and do not practice the truth.
BUT if WE WALK in the LIGHT as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
(I John 1:3-5 NKJV)

The skeptical, unbelieving world is astounded when Christians believe that overcoming the world, God's way, is done by keeping God's commandment to love Him first, and, in obedience to Him, to love one another. He tells us that the ones we are to love foremost are our brothers and sisters in Christ! Do we see that happening much these days, especially in the world of American politics? I see divisions all around, but particularly within the Republican Party. The Democrats seem undivided.

This little epistle, or letter, of I John ought to become a favorite of ours as we look at how we may bring America back to its faith and its core beliefs. These beliefs helped our founding fathers create a constitution and form of government unlike any in the world. And these "miracles" of freedom didn't just happen. They were born in the disciplines and world-view of Judeo/Christian teaching.

This is our first command: Love God and our second is: Love one another.

The way to overcome the world, with its innate hatred of God and man, is to love God first. The outline of the letter the Beloved Disciple John wrote begins like this:

CHAPTER ONE -
- Love God as manifested in His Son, Jesus Christ, so that you may have fellowship with Him and with one another. (See I John 1:1-4)
- God is Light, and therefore we as Christians can walk in His light. Confess our sins (and don't lie to ourselves that we are just.) (I John 1:5-10)

CHAPTER TWO -
- Jesus Christ the Righteous is our Advocate with the Father, our propitiation for our sins and for those of the whole world. Those who truly "know" Him let the love of God "be perfected" in Him. They will "walk in love" and not "hate [their] brothers" in Christ. (I John 2:1-14)
- They will also not "love the [lust of the] world or the things in the world." The "world is passing away," but "he who does the will of God abides forever." (I John 2:15-17)
- If we know Jesus Christ as our Savior, and abide in Him, we have God as our Father. (I John 2:18-29)

CHAPTER THREE to FIVE continued later...

Prayer:
Dear Father in Heaven, we humble our hearts before You!
With tears, we confess that we have not loved You first, every day, all the time.
With sorrow, we see how we have not really loved our brothers and sisters in Christ.
We have not always "walked in love" but have let hatred for others--or pride in ourselves--slip in to coarsen our language and divide our troops.
We have loved the things of the world that draw us away from the real battles against truth--things like pleasure, comfort, ease, entertainment, sin, selfishness...we could go on and on.
We are all guilty, but we know where to go--to Jesus. We run to Jesus! We claim Him as our strength and our mighty fortress. In Him we are made clean, forgiven. We thank You, Lord!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:35 am 
Site Admin

I guess it is inevitable, with a name like JustGrace, that I would love the little New Testament book of I John. It is dripping with agape, the Greek word for "love" of the godly kind. And charis, which is Greek for "grace," describes "God's undeserved love" poured out upon our hearts.

Love and grace. Keys to political unity? Keys to helping us work together to restore America? I think, "Yes."

When the Tea Party movement began, that's what it was largely characterized by: meetings of believers praying and singing songs of praise to God, or reciting documents of the founding of America, based on the Judeo/Christian ethic.

George Washington, called the Father of this nation, operated his life on early morning, hour-long prayers and standards of righteousness he had described in his own hand-copied 101 Rules of Civility & Decent Behavior in Company and Conversation, the first rule being:

1. Every Action done in Company, ought to be with Some Sign of Respect, to those that are Present.

At first, this may earn some ridicule from those who believe real, clear politics is slaying the opponent with sharp words. But in God's economy, success such as Washington was given comes with respect toward God, and then towards man as made in the image of God.

I JOHN 1, CHAPTER 2 overview:
Here are the signs that we have taken to ourselves the very salvation God offers:
1. We obey Christ -- 2:1-6
2. We love one another -- 2:7-11
3. We love God -- 2:12-17
4. We are loyal to Jesus Christ -- 2:18-25
5. We are guided by His Holy Spirit -- 2:26-27
6. We can be confident and not ashamed when Christ returns -- 2:28-29

Maybe these standards should be on our banner as we march in our Lord's Army!

Prayer:
Dear Father in Heaven, we thank You for allowing us an advocate before Your throne--Jesus Christ the Righteous--as we come to prayer.
Thank you that He is also the propitiation for our sins, as well as for anyone in the world who will trust Him. In this certainty alone we are not lost and condemned.
Make Your love perfect in us by helping us obey Your commands, especially to love You first and then to love one another.
Help us walk the walk of love and follow the true shining Light of the World--Jesus Christ.
Help us not to hate our brothers, for such hatred will negate our message of loving God.
You have told us the Antichrist will come, and it seems every generation has that man who could step up as the final one. Help us to abide in You, like a branch abides in the vine. Help us practice righteousness, so we will not be ashamed when You return. In and through Jesus Christ we pray. We love You, Lord! Amen.

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

Overcomers

The book of Revelation tells us that there are many "overcomers" in heaven. But they may be of a type we do not immediately want to join--martyrs for the faith.

Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time. (Revelation 12:10-12 NKJV)

I wonder, do you and I have the type of faith that would love life less than commitment to the truth? The martyrs before God's throne "overcame [the devil] by the blood of the Lamb (vs. 11)" and by their willing words of testimony--of faith in Jesus Christ. Yes, in God's eyes they overcame, even though on earth it had appeared they had lost!

I wonder if you see the modern world as I do, with many countries experiencing the unmitigated wrath of the devil, who knows his time is short? And if it seems to you that America has lost its will to stand for truth, freedom and justice in the world? It surely seems that way.

What does it take to silence you and me? (Or are we being silenced?) Will we be willing to testify about our God, even if it should mean possible death? The challenges in the days ahead may call forth a new level of courage, faith, and devotion greater than any we have needed.

LESSONS FROM I JOHN 2:
1) To be like Christ we must purify ourselves as children of God (vs.1-3).
2) When we let His love be perfected in us, we learn to walk as He walked, in His light (vs. 4-6).
3) To be genuine, we must not hate our brother or sister and walk in darkness; instead we must love them and not cause any to stumble (vs. 9-11).
4) To be pure, we must not let the lusts of the world occupy our "flesh...eyes...and pride of life." Within God's will, we can abide forever (vs. 15-17).
5) Because we know that the Antichrist is coming and that many antichrists will come (leaders who deny the truth that Jesus is God's Son), we ask that God's truth will anoint us, help us stay true to Him, and help us know that we have eternal life. God is righteous, and we practice righteousness if we are "born of Him." (I John 2:18-29)

Prayer:
Our Heavenly Father, help us to purify our hearts; make us like Jesus Christ.
We confess that we are too often loveless, thankless, careless, and self-centered.
Please forgive us and keep us from lusts of the flesh and eyes, and from the pride that compares ourselves with others.
As our world is increasingly bound by the snares of the devil, give us the grace we need to be "overcomers" against Satan's temptation, as we serve Christ faithfully. Anoint us with with Your righteousness and truth. And make America truly "one nation under God," again. In the name of Your Son. Amen.

I have written to you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you. And you have overcome the wicked one. (I John 2:14b)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:49 pm 
Site Admin

It's been a few days since I have posted a prayer, but the need for prayer for this nation and for ourselves to be faithful and strong keeps pushing me back to the realization that for myself, at least, I need help from God more than ever. We need prayer more than ever, so how can we neglect it?

How should we live in these dangerous times? How can we understand the times?

The little book of I John beckons me back. What kind of person should I be, even amid a political world, where brotherly love is not so common, and laws, sometimes, and promises, certainly, are broken in a quest to gain power? Can Christians be part of the political process, and is it indeed our obligation to be involved? Our founding fathers would have said a resounding "Yes!"

I JOHN chapter 3 - Characteristics of God's Children
1. Become like God in purity of character, vs. 1-3.
2. Be freed of sin, letting God remove it and learning not to sin, vs. 4-9.
3. Realize the world's standards and the devils are not ours, but righteousness. True, we may be hated by the world. But God's love brings change, vs. 10-17.
4. Show our salvation by obeying God's commandments. "If our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God," and prayer is answered, vs. 18-24.

The United States of America has never been perfect, but the reason we have been able to offer more freedom and prosperity than other nations, and show goodness to others has been to the extent we have repented and followed a Judean-Christian ethic. Let's pray for a revival of the faith that secured the freedom of this land!

Prayer:
Our heavenly Father, may we be called children of God! May we forsake sin and live purely. May we love one another. Help us to shun the standards of the world that come straight from the devil, which will destroy freedom for all if we do not turn back to righteousness. Give us good leaders like Governor Huckabee, who care about America's spiritual foundation and behavior, and who seek God's blessing. Help him to be effective in helping turn on the light of the gospel in our lives, that brings freedom, and help to vanquish the darkness of this present age. May God bless America, again. In Jesus' name.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:58 pm 
*** General

Liked: 25
I have been praying Numbers 27:15 for America. I am bending my knees and humbling myself for my own sins and faults. Our nation has much to repent for before God. I pray for a godly man who can lead this nation back to God and to command this nation in battle against all evil, spiritual as well, as evil in our world. May God chose to forgive us.

Post by c murphy Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:17 am 
Site Admin

c murphy wrote:
I have been praying Numbers 27:15 for America. I am bending my knees and humbling myself for my own sins and faults. Our nation has much to repent for before God. I pray for a godly man who can lead this nation back to God and to command this nation in battle against all evil, spiritual as well, as evil in our world. May God chose to forgive us.

Yes, the healing for this nation must start with prayer, as you say, in an attitude of personal humility and repentance.

I heard recently that the Second Great Awakening (or revival movement of Christian faith) in our nation took place during one of the most dangerous and dark times of American history--the five years of the Civil War. And now, our nation is at one of the greatest times of threat to all of our liberties--religious and personal--that we have possibly ever experienced, for our executive branch has decided to rule based, not on the Constitution, but on the whim of a President who decides that law should be merely what he wants it to be. With his attorney general, he picks and chooses whether to uphold passed legislation in the courts or not. This was why the federal government failed to defend the DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act). And this has rapidly led to further degradation of marriage and the family--the building blocks of America!

We need to pray that those in power who ignore the Constitution will be renewed spiritually or be replaced.

America needs a real leader now, and we pray that Gov. Huckabee may be called to be that next President, if God allows. Right now we seem to be like "sheep without a shepherd"! We are wandering and straying from what made our nation great: a common faith in God and obedience to His principles that brought us freedom.

Then Moses spoke to the LORD, saying;
"Let the LORD, the God of the spirits of all flesh, set a man over the congregation,
who may go out before them and go in before them, who may lead them out and bring them in,
that the congregation of the LORD may not be like sheep which have no shepherd (Numbers 27:15-17 NKJV)

Prayer
Our Righteous God, Judge of Heaven and Earth,
We fall in repentance before You, because our sins are great and our faith and goodness are inadequate. We as a nation are in a state of chaos and unrighteousness, because we have forgotten the Judeo/Christian roots of history and government. These roots are visible in etchings even in the Supreme court and monuments in Washington D.C. Lord, help us to be reminded of the liberty for which we stand. More than that, we seem to have forgotten You! Increase our faith and renew our faithfulness.
We need godly, strong leadership again. If it be your will, continue to prepare Gov. Huckabee to be the strong leader that America needs to guide the flock of this nation of liberty out and bring them in. In the name of our Good Shepherd we pray. Amen!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:59 am 
Site Admin

Prayer is always a necessity for our lives, as well as a great way to start and end each day!

As signs of our nation's decline-morally and spiritually, as well our prestige around the world--seem to grow daily, it is easy to feel fearful and hopeless. At times like these, we need a big God, Who is infinite and holy.

Without faith, we are defeated before we even begin. Too often fear of what others will say to us or about us keeps us from obeying God

~We do not want to live in fear, but in faith.
~We do not want to hide our light under a bushel, "No!"
~We do not want to ignore Jesus' words, saying they are only for a "future date"!
~We do not want to neglect prayer because we do not see immediate results, do we?

Here is part of a letter I wrote to encourage a former member to pray again for Gov. Huckabee:

Quote:
The Huckabee show this weekend was a tremendous blessing but also an eye-opener to how close we are to losing this nation. It is time for Christians to quit retreating! It is time for all of us to do "our utmost for His Highest."

The Republican Party's eyes have been opened. Please pray for Chad Connally, who has been appointed to help the Republican Party see that they need to listen to us! They are seeing now: Faith matters.

Why we lost to Obama last time boils down to this: There were 89 million self-identified evangelical Christians in this nation, but only 30.5 million even got out to vote--in a general election!!! Of those, 22% voted for Obama. If even half the Christians would have voted, we would have not lost to Obama. I have said this is the main problem and reason we are losing this Christian nation, but it was good to hear it stated on television.

Thank you, Gov. Huckabee, for your courage and insight! Dear one, we must keep praying for him and his family.

We need to pray Gov. Huckabee has wisdom in reaching out to the Republicans to change them. We cannot win by pushing away those with whom we do not agree 100% of the time. The only person we always agree with all the time is ourselves, and I have to repent often, so that’s not even true.

We need to pray for those border officers, those state Governors, like Perry, trying to fight this takeover of our state government by terrorists, for our military, and for men like Gov. Huckabee, trying to educate people about how dangerous are the socialists and Marxists and liberals who largely comprise the modern Democrat party, who think their message is cool. God help us to stand for Israel, His people, His land, and the freedom only known and given through the Bible and our God.

I know you and I have both been unhappy with a few of Gov. Huckabee's decisions, but we need to pray for him now. He is the only prime-time host I know on television who is addressing the Republican Party's need to turn to God. He is also the only one who is giving Dennis Michael Lynch the time and exposure to reveal what he is happening at the border. Did you know that our border patrol is now almost entirely occupied with the "children" coming over? The attention placed on [housing] the children keeps our border patrol and this nation from focusing on] stopping the terrorists, the M S 1_3 gangs, the diseased children flooding our nation. America’s first line of defense is being unsecured--the first duty of the President to uphold under the Constitution.

In a sense, we have no southern border, which may mean we no longer exist [as a sovereign nation.] Dennis showed video of the Mexican military helicopters flying over Texas airspace to intimidate him! Those children need to go home to their parents. And we need immediately to build a strong fence, not an electronic one. Dennis showed where in Arizona their supposedly impeccable electronic system failed. In the past 18 months, over 40 times the flimsy fence was breached with trucks going through, and no one was apprehended.

At the end of Huckabee's show, actor John Voight came on and read, with tears in his eyes, an appeal to save America. It was tremendous! I hope you can see the video.

… We need to pray Gov. Huckabee has wisdom in reaching out to the Republicans--to change them. We cannot win by pushing away those with whom we do not agree 100% of the time. The only person we always agree with all the time is ourselves, and I have to repent often, so that’s not even true. We need to pray for those border officers, those state Governors, like Perry, trying to fight this takeover of our state government by terrorists, for our military, and for men like Gov. Huckabee, trying to educate people about how dangerous are the socialists and Marxists and liberals who largely comprise the modern Democrat party, who think their message is cool. God help us to stand for Israel, His people, His land, and the freedom only known and given through the Bible and our God.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:11 am 
Site Admin

justgrace wrote:
This morning I woke early and decided to look back at the prayer thread we started here several years ago, when we were trying to urge Gov. Huckabee to enter the Presidential race again.

The first post was 12 specific areas of need for Governor Huckabee, which would affect if he would choose to run in 2012. These prayers would be very helpful for us to review and pray over again, as we are again wondering about if the 2016 race would be the actual time when God may want him to enter that race. We just do not know, but God does.

So, please go back and pick up that thread again and think how to pray now. On about page 15, we saw the answer for 2011, that Gov. Huckabee just did not feel God's peace that it was the right time for him to run. It brought some tears to read this, but then it also brought some tears of joy to see how we came to accept God's will. Hope you enjoy reading page one, and then page 15.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=23913

More than ever--with Gov. Huckabee likely running for President--I want us to get back to prayer for him in a renewed way!

Can you help? Please PM me if you want to contribute in an ongoing way to this thread. Or you can just comment. Mostly, pray. I am daily seeing the power of prayer as my husband recovers from a traumatic brain injury.

Post by justgrace Liked by: Hucks Army - Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:11 am 

Liked: 340
justgrace wrote:

More than ever--with Gov. Huckabee likely running for President--I want us to get back to prayer for him in a renewed way!

Can you help? Please PM me if you want to contribute in an ongoing way to this thread. Or you can just comment. Mostly, pray. I am daily seeing the power of prayer as my husband recovers from a traumatic brain injury.

I'm willing to contribute.

Post by Peter Liked by: Hucks Army - Bill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:24 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 42
Peter wrote:
justgrace wrote:

I'm willing to contribute.

Grace I am also willing to Contribute.

Post by Hucks Army - Bill Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

justgrace wrote:
Psalm 33

God wants us to be attached to Him in a very personal way, according to the last three verses of Psalm 33. They remind us almost of a young girl in love, standing at the window and looking for her beloved to come home after a long absence. She is longing for his arrival. She can't wait!

Christians have that sort of longing for the promised return of Jesus Christ. Here in Psalm 33 the Psalmist speaks of the LORD God with the same need for closeness to God.

Notice the words: "Our soul waits" [=awaits, longs for, tarries];
"Our soul shall rejoice [=brighten up, be glad, make merry] in Him;
"...we have trusted [=been made bold, confident, sure] in His holy name;
"...we hope [=tarry, pained in waiting, pining, and trusting] in You."

Quote:
Our soul waits for the LORD;
He is our help and our shield.
For our heart shall rejoice in Him,
Because we have trusted in His holy name.
Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us,
Just as we hope in You. (Psalm 33:20-22 NKJV)

A Prayer:
Our Lord God, this world desperately needs You, but it does not often seek for You or wait for You. Yet, You have reached out to us through Your Holy Word, to draw us to You. Give us the type of faith that looks to You, our Lord, as our help and shield against harm and evil. Give us also a love that looks to You with longing and with joyful, loving trust. Our nation has turned against You, so we pray for Your mercy (and not Your justice) to be upon us. Thank You that Governor Huckabee has put his hope in the LORD and seeks to have a life that will honor God. Watch over him, we pray, that he will not stumble but will be strong and wise in how to lead. If it is Your will, make the way for him to become our President. In Jesus' name.

Little did I know when I posted this last year that Psalm 33: 20-22 would become our family's motto for our time of great difficulty--the traumatic brain injury that nearly took my husband's life and which is keeping him in a rehabilitation hospital now. The theme word that has kept our family going is "hope." Without hope what is medicine, or politics for that matter? Without prayer and trust in God, where is hope?

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 Hucks Army - Bill, Peter