Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:37 am 
***** General

Liked: 133
Western Center for Journalism:
Quote:
You have to look all the way back to 1984 to find a Republican nominee with true conservative credentials.
FLOYD BROWN — APRIL 1, 2014

Quote:
Of course, the Washington GOP establishment would be aghast if either Huckabee or Paul became the Republican nominee. The party elites spent decades discrediting Paul’s father, former Congressman Ron Paul. Remember when Ari Fleischer, George W. Bush’s former White House Press Secretary, tweeted that Ron Paul “is nuts”?

Not much has changed when it comes to his son, either. The classic argument is that “Rand Paul could never win… he’s too libertarian.”

And as far as Huckabee goes, the establishment says that “Mike Huckabee was once a Baptist preacher, a preacher could never win the presidency.”

Notice how neither argument is centered on ideas. That’s because party moderates can’t secure the nomination by saying, “Rand Paul wants to cut the size and scope of government. What we need is a big-government Republican like Chris Christie.”

Big-government Republicans rely on arguments devoid of ideas and focus on unprovable assertions such as, “Candidate X is unelectable.” Expect to hear lots of this type of bogus reasoning flowing out of D.C. in the next two years.

Let’s hope the GOP voters will ignore the noise and pick a conservative like Mike Huckabee or Rand Paul. Both would be great candidates, and either would likely beat whatever opponent the Democrats dig up to carry the banner of Obamacare, food stamps, higher taxes, and more government regulation.

Based on Gov. Huckabee's warm reception speaking to Republican House members last week (did you see the picture of that? - They were crammed into the room and standing in the doorway), I'm hoping we DON'T hear a lot of that rhetoric coming from DC. We certainly had enough of that last time around. GH has been quoted saying that support is coming from surprising places.

Post by WhatsNotToLike? has received Likes: 2 Hucks Army - Bill, justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:50 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I began thinking today that the only way to stave off the Establishment/Big Money is for Rand Paul and Huckabee to tag team in the primaries, and then whoever comes up on top will offer the VP slot to the other.

To be on the same team as the Paul-Bots is to have very motivated allies. R. Paul would also be an effective shield against Club for Growth and Cato.Let's not forget that Huckabee did endorse Rand Paul in Kentucky.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: WhatsNotToLike?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 133
I agree, Christopher. We must take a long-sighted view. I'm seeing more and more the Governor's wisdom in advising that Republicans stop using the term "rino," for instance. Now, I'm not exactly partial to politicians who get to DC and let power go to their heads, or those who simply want to preserve their positions and stop caring about their constituents. But we must, as a party, stop hacking each other to pieces, and it has to start somewhere. After the primary, we're going to need each other!

Post by WhatsNotToLike? Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:00 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 58
I'm a fan of Rand Paul - I was one of his earliest fans, back in the summer of 2009. And I'm also a fan of Mike Huckabee (hence, why I'm on this forum).

Needless to say, the thought of a ticket that involves both of them makes me excited! :)