Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I got the following email today from Mathew D. Staver,
Founder and Chairman of Liberty Counsel:

4/5/2014

Quote:
I will be on Fox News Channel’s Huckabee this Saturday at 8:00 p.m. EDST. Barring any late-breaking news, the show will re-air Sunday 8:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. EDST.

Per Governor Huckabee’s request, I will give an update on Justina Pelletier
, the teenager who was essentially kidnapped by the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families (DCF) and remains under their custody.

Please see my brief update below – Mat.

FROM MAT STAVER of LIBERTY COUNSEL

Justina Pelletier remains imprisoned by the Massachusetts DCF.

This experience has left the Pelletier family to endure the trauma of their daughter being tormented physically, mentally, and emotionally by the DCF while she struggles with deteriorating health.

Her suffering as a “ward of the state” is unspeakable. No 15-year-old should be forced to live under such conditions!

While updates on Justina’s plight have not been in the news cycle as much since the last court hearing on her case, I assure you there is a tremendous amount of action happening behind the scenes.

•Massachusetts State Representatives Jim Lyons and Marc Lombardo have requested that the Chairman of the House Committee on Post Audit and Oversight convene an investigation into the amount of taxpayer dollars that have been spent on the Pelletier case since the state first intervened over fourteen months ago.

•The DCF is requesting more funding from the state while spending an exorbitant amount of taxpayer funds incarcerating Justina and fighting the Pelletier’s custody requests in court. The extraordinary lengths DCF has gone to limit access to Justina is in itself a travesty.

•The Citizens Commission on Human Rights is calling on the Massachusetts State Attorney General to investigate Boston Children's Hospital Psychiatric Unit in the case of Justina’s incarceration.

The more light that is shed on this tragic situation, the more it becomes apparent that the DCF and Boston Children’s Hospital have grossly violated this young woman’s and her family’s rights.

++We are taking this matter to higher courts.

Liberty Counsel, as a result of the recent order by the Massachusetts Juvenile Court judge – which, by the way, is both factually and legally flawed – will now take this case to a higher court.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Governor Huckabee had a good show with the father of the 14-year-old Pelletier girl, as well as the family's legal counsel, Mat Staver on his show. I can't imagine the pain these parents have been going through, not being able to take care of their own daughter or have her home for over 14 months, while they see her health deteriorating because of incompetence of doctors at Boston Children's Hospital.

As Governor Huckabee agreed, this is a case of the state of Massachusetts kidnapping this daughter. (I wonder if Massachusetts having Romney Care has anything to do with the way things are handled?)

The Governor of Massachusetts could intervene, but refuses. This is one of the main reasons Governor Huckabee has become involved. If this had happened in Arkansas when he was governor, Huckabee would have overturned the judges ruling. This is one reason he is getting involved. Also, because of the many phones and emails resulting from last week's show, there is some progress being made.

When and where will the reach of government be satisfied to stop???

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:14 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
Perhaps Gov. Patrick will intervene as his term is coming to an end and is not seeking re-election. However, I think it's rare for a Democrat to deviate from the bureaucracy.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 133
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
Perhaps Gov. Patrick will intervene as his term is coming to an end and is not seeking re-election. However, I think it's rare for a Democrat to deviate from the bureaucracy.

I hope he does, for the sake of the Pelletier family...BUT...just like the Romeike case, "favors" granted by individual government officials/departments cannot undo the ill effects lawlessness in our government in general. In Romeike, the DOJ brought suit against a family who had legally immigrated to the US to avoid persecution (for homeschooling) in Germany. (This really makes me crazy - the DOJ does NOTHING about the thousands of illegal immigrants, but instead targets a productive, well-supported, well-loved homeschooling family who are here legally, employed, paying taxes, and want to make America their permanent home.) Over and over, the courts sided with the DOJ. Then, just when things looked hopeless, someone at Department of Homeland Security gave them "permission" to stay in the US indefinitely.
Here's a quote from ABC NEWS:

Quote:
The Romeikes were initially granted asylum by a Memphis judge who believed that Germany had unfairly restricted the family's religious freedom. That decision was challenged and overturned by the Obama administration on appeal, which argued that Germany's home schooling ban did not constitute religious persecution and could not be used as a basis for asylum in the United States.

The DOJ's argument actually amounted to this: if all are being persecuted equally, it's not persecution!

Overturning the ruling was wonderful for the Romeike's and took the pressure off the Obama Administration, and made someone at DHS look like a really good guy. It did absolutely nothing to secure our freedoms, however. It set no precedent.

Same thing if the governor allows Justina Pelletier to return home. I'd love it, but it would be only an appeasement measure to take the heat off, and would do us, as a society, not much good.

We REALLY need a parental rights amendment.