Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:04 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
From Politico's writeup of the Iowa GOP 2016 forum. For the summary of the other candidates and more on Gov. Huckabee's appearance click on the link:

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/iowa-2016-republican-candidates-forum-117365.html?hp=l1_3

Quote:
Mike Huckabee retains a significant reservoir of goodwill from 2008

“There’s no doubt he’s one of us!” the master of ceremonies, Kayne Robinson, a past chairman of the state GOP, said after Huckabee finished his stem-winder.

The former Baptist pastor left no doubt he will announce that he’s running again in Hope, Arkansas, on May 5 and laid out the rationale for another candidacy, essentially to reverse what sees as America’s moral decline.

“Today we’ve got people that think Adam and Eve were on Season Five of ‘Dancing with the Stars,’” he said.

Huckabee, who gave up a Fox News show in January, doubled down on controversial comments from earlier in the week that the U.S. is rapidly moving toward the criminalization of Christianity.”

“Let me clear: I’m not backing off because what I’m saying is true,” he said, to cheers.