Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:36 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
Great article worth the read, here are a few excerpts.

Quote:
In September of 2007, Bill Clinton, appearing on ABC’s “This Week,” said that among the Republican candidates for president, there was only one “dark horse that’s got any kind of chance” against his then-senator wife Hillary Clinton.

Of the same “dark horse,” Clinton adviser James Carville said, “He likes people, he knows how to relate to people. He can talk the talk. I’m impressed with this guy’s political skills.”

“This guy” was Mike Huckabee, a former Arkansas governor well-known to the Clintons but a little-known former Baptist minister to everyone else. He decided he wasn’t scared of John McCain or Mitt Romney, the party’s two frontrunners. He wanted to run for President anyway.

Well have to live up to this one again:
Quote:
He earned an impressive following among young, tech-savvy voters, who called themselves “Huck’s Army,” as well as the endorsement of 50 African-American leaders. He was also endorsed, incidentally, by a little-known Florida House speaker named Marco Rubio.

Quote:
Here’s what he’s got going for him this time around: Of all the GOP candidates who have jumped in, most of whom live South of the Mason-Dixon line, he’s the only one who actually sounds like it. Next to Kentucky’s Rand Paul, Texas’ Ted Cruz and Florida’s Marco Rubio, he’s the guy your fishing buddies — folks he calls “bubbas” — get the most.

And he has policy appeal not because he’s so far right, but because he has a talent for finding economically populist themes that appeal to both sides. As Time’s Michael Scherer put it in 2007, “At some of these events, if you close your eyes, you would think a Democrat was speaking — Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton turned Southern Baptist.”

Another major asset that can’t be overlooked? He’ll have to forgive me the profanity, but he’s so damn likeable.

And then this:
Quote:
I know Mike Huckabee. And even though we’re both conservative, he and I disagree on a number of issues, not the least of which is faith. He has it in spades, and I’m a non-believer. Nonetheless, we’ve always managed to discuss our differences respectfully. And believe it or not, he wrote the forward to my last book, “Losing Our Religion.”

Read it all: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/s-e-cupp-mike-huckabee-article-1.2211156

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:13 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Thanks, Peter, for being one of those young enthusiasts this time around, for Gov. Huckabee.

And we love how you post and keep us informed of polls, prayers, and people's comments. We need people like you and others who will look for articles and information about the now-current Presidential race!!! Thanks, guys!

I plan to see Governor Huckabee tonight at Urbandale for his launch in Iowa event. It is a rare time for me away from my husband at the rehab hospital, which will be hard for him since he wants me beside him all the time since his traumatic brain injury. Please pray for him and my granddaughter, who lives with us and will make the drive for Grandma. Maybe she will even enjoy meeting Gov. Huckabee and like the country singer and the barbeque!

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter