Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:37 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
Some former allies (Ed Rollins, Steve Deace) don't like the Gov that much anymore...

http://uk.businessinsider.com/top-2008-mike-huckabee-supporters-ditch-him-in-2016-2015-5?r=US

I don't agree with their analyses of Huckabee's positions.

Steve Deace wrote:
"In the first half of the speech, we haven't heard about cutting taxes, we haven't heard about defeating Islamic Jihad, we haven't heard about life, we haven't heard about marriage, we haven't heard about religious freedom."

Well, maybe exactly that because the Gov. realizes he has to broaden his base and because no one really doubts his total commitment to social issues. Surely Steve Deace must understand that?

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:39 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
Quote:
I am not sure his anti-business, anti-establishment positions are a winning strategy and are not positions I support," Rollins told Business Insider on Friday. "Equally important, running against Washington and the Congress is not a winning strategy either. The Congress is now controlled by his party and attacking the things they are trying to do is shortsighted.

Not sure what world Rollins is living in. Congressional disapproval is at 75%. Conservatives in particular HATE so called Establishment Republicans, Boehner, McConnell, McCain, etc. People hate what congressional republicans are "trying to do" when it comes to immigration and caving on Obamacare. Furthermore, I think Huckabee could make inroads to many voters by attacking the 2-party political process and their stranglehold on the nation's policy.

Quote:
I still like him. I think he will be a credible candidate in this cycle but I don't think he can win. I have no intention of endorsing him," Rollins remarked. "I tried to help Huckabee when he was thinking about running in 2012.
I don't know what your opinion is on Rollings, but my estimation of his role in 2008 was that when the Huckaboom occurred, and it looked like Huckabee might be a threat, the powers that be used Rollins as a hired gun to infiltrate the campaign and keep Huckabee "in line." I don't have evidence of this...it's just intuition.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:25 am 
***** General

Liked: 225
This (save entitlements) is not a new idea from Huckabee, it's only a change of language and emphasis. From '08:

The only difference between Huckabee and Paul Ryan is the matter of messaging and emphasis. While Ryan focuses on the boogeyman of crushing debt, Huckabee reassures that entitlements can be saved. (jump to 5:21)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 11:06 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I know Rollins was downright peeved when Huckabee announced "my heart says no" to running in 2012 and Huckabee did not follow him into the 2012 plan he had devised already, just in case. He said that Huckabee could win, and he had the plan. I think this is at least somewhat a personal thing with Rollins.

And I think Steve Deace has already made the call for Sen. Ted Cruz, his new favorite, and now he will look for ways to let Huckabee down, easily, with an old southern "bless his heart."

I could be wrong. But at least they still personally like Governor Huckabee. Hopefully, they will find that their analysis is wrong in due time, because as Christopher says, plenty of Republicans are disappointed with the lack of backbone in the current Congress, even if it does have an (R) by its name. They want the people to get back their government, and their party, and I find nothing wrong with that. And Huckabee's social stances are beyond question. Why would they want to question that and divide the conservatives? I know Steve says he's never been wrong yet on calling a race. Is this pride rearing its head? He will have to come around, I think. ;-)

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:41 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
justgrace wrote:

And I think Steve Deace has already made the call for Sen. Ted Cruz, his new favorite, and now he will look for ways to let Huckabee down, easily, with an old southern "bless his heart."

I think only Talk Show hosts can support Sen. Ted Cruz as a credible candidate for the primaries AND general election. (Cf. Glenn Beck)