Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 10:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:42 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
Better to define yourself than to be defined by others.

Quote:
Mike Huckabee signs his own ‘Pledge to the People’
By Seth McLaughlin - The Washington Times - Thursday, May 14, 2015

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee on Thursday signed his own “Pledge to the People” in which he vowed to push a populist agenda that aims to help every American climb the economic ladder.

“Today I signed a ‘Pledge to the People,’ to defend our Constitution and founding principles, and not just speak to Americans, but for them, so that every American can go from Hope to Higher Ground,” Mr. Huckabee said in a statement, alluding to his campaign motto.

Mr. Huckabee said he will not sign any other pledge during the 2016 campaign.

Under his pledge, the 59-year-old promises to oppose and veto “any and all efforts to raise taxes” to pass a “Fair Tax” and to abolish the IRS.

He promises to fight to repeal Obamacare, oppose amnesty for illegal immigrants and promote pro-life legislation, including supporting efforts to defund Planned Parenthood.

He also promises to fight for traditional marriage, to stand with Israel and do everything in his power to stop Iran from getting a nuclear weapon.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/may/14/mike-huckabee-signs-his-own-pledge-people/

Post by Peter Liked by: HuckyinKentucky

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:43 pm 
Lieutenant General

Grover Norquist agrees with Gov. Huckabee's pledge.

Norquist: Huckabee OK on taxes despite not signing pledge
http://thehill.com/policy/finance/242120-norquist-huckabee-ok-on-taxes

Post by Peter Liked by: HuckyinKentucky

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:10 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 45
Yes! Yes! Yes again!

Take it to the people. He is doing well to start out this campaign. He is going to out Tea Party the Tea Party.

Club for Growth is going to place themselves on the ash heap of history in light of Huckabee's clear support for smaller government and the fair tax.

I am kinda looking forward to Club for Greed losing what little influence they actually have.

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

Post by HuckyinKentucky Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:41 am 
Lieutenant General

HuckyinKentucky wrote:
Yes! Yes! Yes again!

Take it to the people. He is doing well to start out this campaign. He is going to out Tea Party the Tea Party.

Club for Growth is going to place themselves on the ash heap of history in light of Huckabee's clear support for smaller government and the fair tax.

I am kinda looking forward to Club for Greed losing what little influence they actually have.

I agree that their unfair attacks on Mike will probably come back to haunt them.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 1:54 am 
Lieutenant General

RealClearPolitics version of the story:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2015/05/14/huckabee_to_sign_his_own_tax_pledge_not_norquists.html

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 7:55 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Peter wrote:

Governor Huckabee's pledge to raise no new taxes and to veto any increases may be hard to keep down the line. I am happy he signed that, too, but I could envision some new taxes he may have to sign.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:04 pm 
Lieutenant General

justgrace wrote:
Peter wrote:

Governor Huckabee's pledge to raise no new taxes and to veto any increases may be hard to keep down the line. I am happy he signed that, too, but I could envision some new taxes he may have to sign.

I agree, but he probably had to sign it, with all the doubts floating around about his fiscal conservative bona fides.