Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Duggar
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 2:00 pm 
Captain

Liked: 25
I know the main stream media is distorting what Mike said, but I fear this Duggar thing could be a nail in the coffin.

I admit I'm getting tired of arguing with people on a variety of Huckabee -related actions, statements, etc. - "That's not what he said...." :(

Post subject: Re: Duggar
PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 4:06 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
Gov. Huckabee did the right thing, and it will pay off in the long run. All the more important to stand behind him right now in prayer and through donations.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:20 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
It seems pretty obvious that there are those standing in the wings who are just waiting for the moment and for the opportunity to malign and cast aspersions against Governor Huckabee over any and every possible connection. They like to dig for dirt, and care little for the distressing impact publicity will have on the family, particularly here, the Duggar children. They will all be painted as molesters by association. What kind of person wants to cause a family such disgrace and discomfort? They not only want to destroy Governor Huckabee; they are willing to destroy Christian families and make examples of those who fall, as if this were the norm, and as if their own lives were lily white. You will never find the godless left holding their own wrecks of dysfunctional families to such standards, nor of accusing their own friends somehow by association. Double standards occur daily, and unfortunately good folks are misled. Many will abandon the Duggars and let the sins of one, from years ago, paint them all as somehow abnormal and defective. How unfair this is to this fine family!

We are in a great spiritual battle in America. The Duggars have been holding up a banner for marriage and purity for years, and their show has given courage to Christian families to be strong, loving, and try to live biblically. It should be no surprise that Satan would tempt the children in a public family like this (just as he does in all our families, though probably more so in well-known ones or those in ministry) and that some would fall, and that despite the best efforts of parents, children can go against all they are taught. The Duggars dealt with this in the past, and it seems obvious to me that Joshua has repented and has stood for purity. They are taking a humble attitude: "We have never said we are a perfect family." And Governor Huckabee has taken a reasonable and loyal attitude: "You don't run away from good friends when they face trouble; you run to them." (approximate quote)

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:42 am 
Lieutenant General

If my numbers are correct, between 25-35% of all woman and 10-20% of all men on being asked report that they have been sexually abused in some way are another growing up.

I don't think these Duggar-haters (- I wonder if many of them more accurately are rather Christ-haters, stung in their consciences by the expressed desire for purity and high standards by a Christian family, and now finally able to stone to death those who were a reproach to them -) realize how wide-spread a problem this is in our society and how close to human frailty and fallenness the problem of sexual transgression is! It doesn't surprise me at all to have also happened in the Duggar family. We do not need hate, but alertness, prevention, prayer, healing and forgiveness.

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 8:46 am 
Lieutenant General

I like this take on the whole story.

http://blogs.christianpost.com/wretched/the-duggar-disaster-25658/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:25 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I didn't like him being so closely associated with the Duggars before this came out and my opinion remains the same. I believe that the teachings of Gothard and his organization are a danger to the Gospel and a danger to children. However, he may not realize that and he was very careful to not defend what Josh actually did but instead pointed out that forgiveness is available to the repentant sinner. I think it would have been best if he's just stayed out of it but I have chosen to assume the best from his motives. The Duggars should be ashamed of themselves for parading their family in front of the world just 2 short years after this happened in their family and they didn't handle it appropriately from what I can tell but that's not Huckabee's fault or his responsibility. He has been consistent in offering much more grace to those that have committed crimes in the past then the typical hard core law and justice Republican so his willingness to be gracious in this situation isn't outside of his character.
editing to add that I do find it very upsetting that so many Christians are willing to just say, well he's forgiven so move on when what he did is considered a crime and should have faced legal consequences. Due to his young age he may never have served jail time but when a crime is committed God has ordained government to establish justice and that didn't happen due to the failures of a number of adults involved. If a person commits fraud and is never caught and later becomes a believer don't we still expect that person to pay the price for that crime? That doesn't at all cancel out the graciousness of God's salvation but there is a difference between spiritual status and government's responsibility to deal with crimes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:24 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
I tend to agree with much of juditupp's sentiment. I wish Mike had just said nothing here.

Yes, God forgives sin. But that doesn't mean that some sins don't have devastating effects on other people, the effects of which continue on even when a person has repented. Victims of child sexual abuse often struggle with the effects of the abuse long into their adulthood, if not for the rest of their lives. I can't imagine that the healing process can work that well when the victims and the perpetrators live in the same household (if that's the case) and, on top of that, are thrust into the limelight of reality TV.

People who commit crimes against children (even when the attacker is also a minor at the time) often need a lot more help than ministry and repentance. There are some significant problems going on with the person that need at the minimum serious counseling and, in my opinion, incarceration.

Anyway, this isn't a good way to spend time during the 2016 election cycle - focusing on a relationship with a family that probably needs a lot more prayer and counseling and a lot less airtime and political activity.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:57 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
TheValuesVoter wrote:
I tend to agree with much of juditupp's sentiment. I wish Mike had just said nothing here.

Yes, God forgives sin. But that doesn't mean that some sins don't have devastating effects on other people, the effects of which continue on even when a person has repented. Victims of child sexual abuse often struggle with the effects of the abuse long into their adulthood, if not for the rest of their lives. I can't imagine that the healing process can work that well when the victims and the perpetrators live in the same household (if that's the case) and, on top of that, are thrust into the limelight of reality TV.

People who commit crimes against children (even when the attacker is also a minor at the time) often need a lot more help than ministry and repentance. There are some significant problems going on with the person that need at the minimum serious counseling and, in my opinion, incarceration.

Anyway, this isn't a good way to spend time during the 2016 election cycle - focusing on a relationship with a family that probably needs a lot more prayer and counseling and a lot less airtime and political activity.

I do see you have some valid points, juditupp and TVV. Sexual abuse is very damaging to lives, all too common (30% of college women date-raped), and it is embarrassing to know that any family could fall prey.

It would have been more convenient for Gov. Huckabee to avoid this issue and abandon his friends, the Duggars, but that is not who he is. And I am glad that there is "a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Obviously, that refers to our Lord Jesus Christ, ultimately, but it is also our example of friendship. We don't leave friends because they have been caught up in troubles of any sort. We love and hope to minister to them. And if we trust Gov. Huckabee to be President, I'm pretty sure we can trust that he is good at picking his friends.

The argument of what children of sexual abuse suffer is the very reason that what the radical left did here is so wrong: allowing and promoting the destruction of yet another Christian family/business by leaking and widely reporting what Josh Duggar did and especially identifying his victims. We have fought that exposure in rape cases for years, and it is even more problematic with these young girls who are victims. But, oh well, because they are Christians, seemingly the same law does not apply. The radical left are no doubt behind the illegal leaking of a minor's criminal record by a police chief in Arkansas, whose irresponsibility and lawless behavior will do far greater damage to the children in the Duggar family. What was healed from the past will be cruelly reopened and revisited, and on a vast national stage none of us would want for our families.

Ultimately, the efforts of the anti-family movement (starting with the Sexual Revolution of the 1960s) is to destroy the traditional family, along with Christianity and Judaism as the foundation of our Constitution, to destroy our rights as Christians for freedom of religion, and to put hedonism in charge. Destroy faith, family, and values. And they are ramping up this effort just in time for the Supreme Court's decision on whether to legalize gay marriage for the nation.

Governor Huckabee realizes this, and I am proud that he is trying to turn our nation back to its values and to its Constitution. He is opposing the Supreme Court's overreach of power and wants to return our nation to reasonable balance and to power for the people. And his character determines that he will love and pray for friends, caring more for them than for possible political fallout.

Please pray for this family and for the Meghyn Kelly show this evening on FoxNews and again on Friday, when a longer segment will be aired. And yes, we need to keep Governor Huckabee in our prayers, also, that his friendship with the Duggars will be perceived positively, and that the minds of the people will see the dangerous path this nation as it erodes our freedoms and our Constitution each day.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:50 pm 
Lieutenant General

justgrace wrote:
TheValuesVoter wrote:

I do see you have some valid points, juditupp and TVV. Sexual abuse is very damaging to lives, all too common (30% of college women date-raped), and it is embarrassing to know that any family could fall prey.

It would have been more convenient for Gov. Huckabee to avoid this issue and abandon his friends, the Duggars, but that is not who he is. And I am glad that there is "a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Obviously, that refers to our Lord Jesus Christ, ultimately, but it is also our example of friendship. We don't leave friends because they have been caught up in troubles of any sort. We love and hope to minister to them. And if we trust Gov. Huckabee to be President, I'm pretty sure we can trust that he is good at picking his friends.

The argument of what children of sexual abuse suffer is the very reason that what the radical left did here is so wrong: allowing and promoting the destruction of yet another Christian family/business by leaking and widely reporting what Josh Duggar did and especially identifying his victims. We have fought that exposure in rape cases for years, and it is even more problematic with these young girls who are victims. But, oh well, because they are Christians, seemingly the same law does not apply. The radical left are no doubt behind the illegal leaking of a minor's criminal record by a police chief in Arkansas, whose irresponsibility and lawless behavior will do far greater damage to the children in the Duggar family. What was healed from the past will be cruelly reopened and revisited, and on a vast national stage none of us would want for our families.

Ultimately, the efforts of the anti-family movement (starting with the Sexual Revolution of the 1960s) is to destroy the traditional family, along with Christianity and Judaism as the foundation of our Constitution, to destroy our rights as Christians for freedom of religion, and to put hedonism in charge. Destroy faith, family, and values. And they are ramping up this effort just in time for the Supreme Court's decision on whether to legalize gay marriage for the nation.

Governor Huckabee realizes this, and I am proud that he is trying to turn our nation back to its values and to its Constitution. He is opposing the Supreme Court's overreach of power and wants to return our nation to reasonable balance and to power for the people. And his character determines that he will love and pray for friends, caring more for them than for possible political fallout.

Please pray for this family and for the Meghyn Kelly show this evening on FoxNews and again on Friday, when a longer segment will be aired. And yes, we need to keep Governor Huckabee in our prayers, also, that his friendship with the Duggars will be perceived positively, and that the minds of the people will see the dangerous path this nation as it erodes our freedoms and our Constitution each day.

I couldn't agree more. Very proud of Gov. Huckabee's strong voice for common sense.