Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:18 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
What do you say, Values Voter?

Huckabee: Comparing gay marriage to civil rights movement 'an insult' to blacks
Quote:
Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-Ark.) said comparing the civil rights and same-sex marriage movements is an insult to African-Americans.

In an interview Tuesday morning, Huckabee said that activists from the two social revolutions have not faced the same persecution, according to BuzzFeed.

“What an insult to African-Americans who were hosed in the street, who were beaten, who were truly discriminated against with separate restrooms, separate drinking fountains, separate entrances,” he said during a radio appearance on 1150 WJBO in Baton Rouge, La.

“That was true discrimination, and it was horrible,” said Huckabee, a 2016 GOP presidential candidate.

“It’s hard to say that the redefinition of marriage is on the same basis as was racial discrimination throughout our history,” he added.

Huckabee was addressing Friday’s Supreme Court ruling legalizing same-sex marriages nationwide.

Read the full article: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/246685-huckabee-comparing-gay-marriage-to-civil-rights-movement-an-insult-to

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:26 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
I totally agree. On the one hand, I have never heard of gay people being enslaved because of their sexual identity. On the other hand, my grandfather never had to "come out of the closet" before experiencing fully legal segregation and discrimination. Honestly, it has always made me angry to hear comparisons between the same-sex marriage movement and the battle to defeat Jim Crow segregation during the Civil Rights era. Many, many African Americans share this resentment and don't see any comparison between the two movements whatsoever. The media and LGBT activists push that message all day long, though, despite the facts that many blacks have expressed anger at the comparison.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:16 pm 
*** General

Liked: 25
Are not Black people generally very Christian in their outlook on life, religion and values? The ones I know are very conservative in how they view things. If I were of color, I would BE highly offended being lumped together with this issue.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:45 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
Yes, a survey done by UC Berkely actually showed that blacks as a group are more socially conservative than Republicans of all colors. Many of us are deeply offended by the analogy. You don't often hear this point of view shown in the media unfortunately.