Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:32 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
I wouldn't mind a Republican primary that shapes up to be Bush vs. Huckabee. Huckabee could win that.

Quote:
Huckabee Blasts Bush: 'We Need a Churchill, Not a Chamberlain'
By Todd Starnes Published July 28, 2015

Former Gov. Mike Huckabee’s passionate defense of Israel has caused a massive puckering among Democrats and Establishment Republicans – including former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

“This is about whether we want to stand against tyrants and tyranny,” the former Arkansas governor told me.

Bush called on Huckabee to “tone down the rhetoric” over President Obama’s nuclear deal with Iran.

Last weekend, Huckabee called the president’s plan idiotic and said that President Obama will ultimately “take the Israelis and march them to the door of the oven.”

Bush scolded Huckabee at a campaign stop in Florida.

“I think we need to tone down the rhetoric, for sure,” Bush said. “The use of that kind of language is just wrong.”

In response, Huckabee defiantly stood his ground – reminding Bush that Iran has vowed to incinerate “all the Jews.”

“You don’t tone down the rhetoric when people are threatening a country off the face of the map,” he told me. “When you have a country that’s openly declaring that it’s going to kill Jews, guess what – you better take it seriously.”

“I take nothing back,” he declared.

Huckabee also took exception to Bush’s suggestion that his comments were hurting the Republican Party.

“This is not the way we’re going to win elections and that’s not how we’re going to solve problems,” Bush said.

“What’s bad for the party is taking a milquetoast attitude toward the Middle East, believing that somehow you can bring appeasement into the world,” Huckabee said. “This is not time for a Chamberlain. This is time for a Churchill. We either stand against evil or we don’t.”

Huckabee rightly pointed out that the Iranians are still holding four Americans hostage – and their citizens are marching in the streets chanting “Death to America.”

And yet the Establishment Republicans seem to think Huckabee’s comments are the problem?

“I think the problem for Republicans is when we’re so weak-kneed that we won’t take a stand against such stuff,” he said.

So there you have it, folks.

On one side you’ve got Gov. Huckabee – standing resolutely in alongside Israel. And on the other side you’ve got President Obama --- and Jeb Bush.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/07/28/huckabee-blasts-bush-need-churchill-not-chamberlain.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Excellent comments, and excellent courage and clarity, Governor Huckabee!

We need to pray for him, for his protection and boldness. To the extent he is alone in speaking out, he becomes a greater target from those who hate America and Christians and Jews and Israel. May God protect. I love these verses as a prayer:

PSALM 20:1-9 on behalf of Mike Huckabee:

May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble;
May the name of the God of Jacob defend you;
May He send you help from the sanctuary,
And strengthen you out of Zion;
May He remember all your offerings,
And accept your burnt sacrifice.
For us, Christ has become the sacrifice and fulfillment of Law]

May He grant you according to your heart's desire,
And fulfill all your purpose.

We will rejoice in your salvation,
And in the name of our God we will set up our banners!
May the LORD fulfill all your petitions.

Now I know that the saves His anointed;
He will answer him from His holy heaven.
With the saving strength of His right hand.

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

They have bowed down and fallen;
But we have risen and stand upright.

Save, LORD!
May the King answer us when we call.

(Psalms 20:1-9 NKJV)

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:09 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
Huckabee's Op Ed in the USA Today on Iran:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2015/07/31/huckabee-holocaust-comments-iran-column/30907491/