Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:23 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/artic ... bee-whole-

Thoughts? I do think that on some of the policy issues he was "liberal" on as governor he sees as state responsibilities and would behave differently as president. I don't really see anything wrong with his comments on the Iran deal since the leadership of Iran has verbally promised a holocaust for the Jewish state. I think there might be some frustration that his vertical approach isn't gaining him any traction in such a crowded field. Voters complain about how ugly politics are and then they respond positively to ugly. I'm not sure what we do about that.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:43 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I don't think they're reading the situation right at all. Who is Trump criticizing, and who is he defending? Who just showed support for the FairTax? The debates will be very telling.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:34 am 
Major General

Liked: 147
I think the article author's point is that Huckabee has changed the way he campaigns because of Trump's candidacy. I do think he's running a different campaign this time but not necessarily because of Trump. It's more likely in response to what he learned in 2008 and the crowded field. What I don't think he's changed is his core values and that's what is most important to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
juditupp wrote:
I think the article author's point is that Huckabee has changed the way he campaigns because of Trump's candidacy. I do think he's running a different campaign this time but not necessarily because of Trump. It's more likely in response to what he learned in 2008 and the crowded field. What I don't think he's changed is his core values and that's what is most important to me.

Mike Huckabee's is to me much less motivated by who is at the top of the polls at the time, and much more by those core values on his list of 10 pledges. Those have not changed and will be his focus. They were written before Trump announced and will not be determined by Trump or the others.

I agree, Judy, that Gov. Huckabee has not changed his core values. I have never thought of him as being anything but conservative. But, we can expect that, like the blind man "seeing" only one part of an elephant and thinking that is what the animal is like, many reporters and commentators will make make short-sighted observations as they try to judge the motives of the candidate. This will be interesting.