Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fox News Debate
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:01 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
So the debates on tonight...

Does Fox have a livestream of the event? I'm not in the country and would like to watch...

Post subject: Re: Fox News Debate
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:43 am 
Colonel

Liked: 17
I did read that it will be streaming on foxnews.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:39 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Watched a little of the first debate and thought Carly Fiorina was quite articulate. Gov. Perry came out again against Donald Trump, about his record,which sounds quite like a Democrat. He made a strong case for border fences. The others? Didn't make much of an impression, but maybe they did better after I had to leave.

Gov. Huckabee seems to be in a good place at fourth, better than the pundits had predicted. He has been ignored, but we pray this evening that the words he says and the way he answers will appeal to those watching the debate. Also praying they will see the wisdom of choosing a candidate who is experienced in the executive capacity as governor, successfully turning around his state financially and educationally, able to get rid of many unfair taxes, and who has the right values to lead our nation back from where we have strayed to becoming militarily and fiscally strong again. May God bless him for blessing the people of Israel, our ally. And for standing so firmly for life at any stage.

Wondering how nervous these candidates get. I would be speechless with fright!

Please pray for Governor Huckabee and for his family watching in Cleveland tonight!!! God bless!!!

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:32 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
I'm following a debate watching thread on another big forum. A LOOOT of positive comments for Huckabee!

Post by christopher.wilkerson has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:42 pm 
***** General

Huckabee gets top soundbite in Luntz's focus group!

Post by christopher.wilkerson has received Likes: 3 goalieman, justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:44 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
I had a number of candidates that I liked heading into this debate and wanted to wait to see how it went before jumping on board with Huck again this time around. And while a number of them did well, Huck, despite being ignored for most of the first hour of the Trump/Bush extravaganza, just seems a step above the crowd, Really seems to be an even stronger candidate than he was last time around, which is quite impressive! So time to order that bumper sticker I've been thinking about. :)

Post by goalieman has received Likes: 4 christopher.wilkerson, juditupp, justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:52 pm 
Site Admin

I agree, goaliman. Time to order those bumper stickers. And I do believe it's time to thank God for answering the prayers for Governor Huckabee. He was presented in a good light, with brilliant, humorous, eloquent answers, as one of the Luntz group stated: the most eloquent, Reaganesque.

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:27 am 
Lieutenant General

On to victory... and the next debate :pompom

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:56 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
This was a tough debate to get a read on. I would say if you were supporting anyone other than Rand Paul then you could find reasons to like what your candidate did. On the other hand, Paul may have just taken himself out of this race. His performance looked desperate from the first minute where he tried to get in a jab at Trump. Desperation just doesn't play well.

I felt Huckabee had a good debate, but I think he needed a Break-Out debate performance to try and get some traction. Then again there probably wasn't enough time for him to have that kind of performance in this round, but at some debate between now and Iowa he's going to have to have that kind of moment.

By my count there's three candidates vying for the evangelical vote in Iowa and currently splitting it up: Carson, Cruz, and Huckabee. Further dividing up this vote is Walker who has a certain appeal to this voting block due to being the son of a Pastor, and coming across with a genuine personal faith.

If the evangelical vote is split up like it appears to be currently then it would be impossible for Huckabee to place in the top two, and if he doesn't do that, I don't think he can survive very long. Somehow, Huckabee has to stand out and consolidate those voters.

Personally, I think he could make some inroads by focusing on a strong populist message. It's going to be tough, and he definitely has his work cut out for him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:39 pm 
***** General

Post debate interview with local Fox station:

http://fox8.com/2015/08/07/watch-fox-8- ... YtGYOG4SNO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:58 am 
Lieutenant General

WalterCan wrote:
I felt Huckabee had a good debate, but I think he needed a Break-Out debate performance to try and get some traction. Then again there probably wasn't enough time for him to have that kind of performance in this round, but at some debate between now and Iowa he's going to have to have that kind of moment.

I actually can't wait for the first person to drop out of this race again, and not only because it would give more speaking time to the remaining candidates in the debates...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:10 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
I really hope that Santorum and a couple of the other people in that earlier group drop out soon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:35 pm 
***** General

They really ought to just keep the division of the top 10, and then the kiddie table. Then just say that the VP will come from among those 7. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
I really hope Carson would drop out, but that's highly unlikely. The person who hurts Huck the most in the polls and draws from the same primary pool of voters is Carson. Others in the "gang of 7" do too, but guys like Santorum and Jindal aren't polling well. That's always been my concern going into this primary season. Having a bumper sticker that reads "yes, my candidate is a brain surgeon" does have an appeal to it.

Post by goalieman Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:42 am 
Site Admin

goalieman wrote:
I really hope Carson would drop out, but that's highly unlikely. The person who hurts Huck the most in the polls and draws from the same primary pool of voters is Carson. Others in the "gang of 7" do too, but guys like Santorum and Jindal aren't polling well. That's always been my concern going into this primary season. Having a bumper sticker that reads "yes, my candidate is a brain surgeon" does have an appeal to it.

However, being a President does not require the skills of brain surgery, but of governing and experience in helping a state come to good decisions that will benefit the people and limit government. Having known a few brain surgeons and heart surgeons I can assure you they are not ready for governing. Their lives are far too busy, their knowledge necessarily too focused to have time for governing, or any particular preparation for it. Carson seems like a wonderful Christian and doctor, but he is completely unproven as a political leader. He needs to start with a lower level race. Part of Obama's failure was his inexperience and the fact that Americans would be willing to vote on popularity, not on ability, wise judgment, or proven experience.

Post by justgrace Liked by: juditupp