Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 6:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:16 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
IMPRESSIONS -- Yes, I am making it a night of watching the Republican debate on FoxNews, as well as the after-debate shows with Meghan Kelly and Sean Hannity.

One of the things that struck me most vividly was the demeanor of Gov. Mike Huckabee that was in contrast with most of the other candidates. It seemed he was more humble, more concentrated on policy than politics, and completely innocent of breaking Ronald Reagan's 11th commandment: "Don't run down other Republicans." So, I decided to test my impressions with my own little checklist during Hannity's show.

Cruz got lots of kudos from some Republicans for his ability to bash the Republicans in Congress. In his interview, I counted over ten times he criticized his fellow Republicans. My question for him is; "How can you have spent so many hours in the Senate, mostly bashing fellow Republicans, while doing almost nothing to move the establishment to your side?" Governor Huckabee in Arkansas was able to win friends and influence people--in the most Democrat state in the union. Huckabee spent his time tonight, not on berating fellow Republicans, but on presenting solutions and explaining policy that is needed to turn America around. And the humor that had Trump holding his breath, worrying that Mike was criticizing him when it was Hilary, was a masterpiece of timing and an unexpected punch line that makes him the master of useful humor.

On the question of humility, I recorded the number of times Trump used the words "I" or "me." Not surprisingly, he used those words 55 times in those brief minutes with Hannity. Rubio used them 12 times; Huckabee only five. (When he said he was about to go get a sandwich during the first hour of the debate, when he only got one question!)

It is no wonder that the Luntz focus group said their biggest surprise was Huckabee and how eloquently he spoke. We have known this all along, but God has answered my prayer tonight, and many of yours, that this fine man would get the notice he deserved, and that God would give him a whole library of quotable quips that will be played again and again in the months ahead, that will show people how solid his credentials are to become our President. Thanking God, and blessing Mike Huckabee.

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 3 christopher.wilkerson, goalieman, Peter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:26 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
Do people still have Huckabee blogs / are their still Huckabee bloggers out there? This should have been a blog post.