Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:45 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
How can we pray for Governor Huckabee's upcoming two-day trip, starting on Tuesday, to Israel?

The subject of conversation with Israeli leaders is likely to be the situation with Iran's nuclear program and its stated goal of wiping Israel and the United States off the map.

Where is our President, seemingly on the wrong side in almost every decision? How can we pray? For revival? For pastors to wake up and preach the truth? For elected leaders to have backbone and do what is right?

What Bible verses can we use as our prayer guides?

God promised Abraham regarding his descendents: "I will make you a great nation...I will bless those who bless you [Abraham's seed--Jesus, Israel and the Jewish people]. And I will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." (Genesis 12:2a;3 NKJV)

Where are we, America? Where are our pastors that need to speak the truth, not what will make them popular or rich?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:55 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 45
JGrace,

As a church planting pastor, I believe the most immediate need in churches today are pastor/leader/shepherds who will preach the Word of God with boldness and conviction. There are surely some who do, but far too small a percentage.

I'm crazy enough to believe that the Word of God will not return void. Preach it proclaim it, stand on it, and practice it.

But, we need Pastors and Congregations that will stand on the truth of God's Word.
I don't think the world realizes it, but there is a hunger for truth, real, absolute truth.

And the one source of lasting, effectual truth is the Bible.

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

Post by HuckyinKentucky Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
HuckyinKentucky wrote:
JGrace,

As a church planting pastor, I believe the most immediate need in churches today are pastor/leader/shepherds who will preach the Word of God with boldness and conviction. There are surely some who do, but far too small a percentage.

I'm crazy enough to believe that the Word of God will not return void. Preach it proclaim it, stand on it, and practice it.

But, we need Pastors and Congregations that will stand on the truth of God's Word.
I don't think the world realizes it, but there is a hunger for truth, real, absolute truth.

And the one source of lasting, effectual truth is the Bible.

I agree, and I think you are not crazy, but very sane to believe that the Word of God will not return void. And I also long for more pastors and congregations to stand firmly for the truth of God's Word.

Part of our present state of decline must be a judgment for how we have let sin be redefined as "choice." Yes, we make sinful choices, sometimes, but they are still sin. "Choice" is good or bad, depending upon if it is good or bad as defined by the firm foundation of God's Word.

Our nation was only ever great as we repented of sin and trusted in God our Savior. We must boldly proclaim the truths of God again, and be willing to stand by them and suffer as needed.