Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:12 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... dwEq6MpCTm

Thought this was an interesting article on Politico about how Google can alter who people support simply by how they adjust what you see when you do a Google search. Type in Mike Huckabee and you will almost always find negative stories on him in the first half dozen or so search engine results. When you consider that this is how many people get their news these days, it's pretty scary.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:00 am 
Sergeant

Liked: 45
This is definitely true.

However, You can also use it to your advantage.

As a new church plant a couple of years ago, we paid a contractor a nominal fee, I think like $250, to ensure that if someone googled a church in our town, we would be toward the top of the list in a google search.

Surely, Mike has someone on his team, who is capable of facilitating this type of thing.

It happens all the time.

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:57 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
You know, I don't know how much it would cost, but we could probably get a lot more people here if this forum was near the top of the 'Huckabee' results. I also read somewhere that Google downplays sites that are not mobile friendly.

Post by christopher.wilkerson Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
You know, I don't know how much it would cost, but we could probably get a lot more people here if this forum was near the top of the 'Huckabee' results. I also read somewhere that Google downplays sites that are not mobile friendly.

The question is, would Google just jigger around with the algorithems to prevent any good sites from popping up near the top of the page? My guess is that's exactly what they would do.

I'm guessing alot of former posters here just think the site isn't around anymore. I was suprised to see it still up myself.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:18 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
goalieman wrote:
christopher.wilkerson wrote:

The question is, would Google just jigger around with the algorithems to prevent any good sites from popping up near the top of the page? My guess is that's exactly what they would do.

I'm guessing alot of former posters here just think the site isn't around anymore. I was suprised to see it still up myself.

Yeah, and I really don't get that. Once Huckabee announced his candidacy, you'd think all the old folks would show back up. These were not casual supporters.