Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:35 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
It is disappointing that some republican candidates are calling on Kim Davis to go against her convictions (Kasich, Fiorina and Graham, according to the article). I wonder if Ben Carson has weighed in on this ("It's the law of the land") and what his followers would/will say.

Quote:
Mike Huckabee offers support to Kentucky clerk who refuses to issue gay marriage licenses
By Katie Zezima September 2

Mike Huckabee called a Kentucky clerk who is refusing to issue gay marriage licenses Wednesday to offer his prayers and support for "not abandoning her religious convictions."

The Supreme Court turned away a request by Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis to be excused from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, but the clerk continues to refuse to issue those licenses, calling the requirement a violation of her religious liberties.

"I spoke with Kim Davis this morning to offer my prayers and support. I let her know how proud I am of her for not abandoning her religious convictions and standing strong for religious liberty. She is showing more courage and humility than just about any federal office holder in Washington," Huckabee said in a statement.

Full article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/02/mike-huckabee-offers-support-to-kentucky-clerk-who-refuses-to-issue-gay-marriage-licenses/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:37 pm 
Lieutenant General

And she's in jail now.

http://nypost.com/2015/09/03/kentucky-clerk-jailed-for-refusal-to-issue-marriage-licenses-to-gay-couples/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:43 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
Peter wrote:

"Huckabee: I Can't Believe Kentucky Clerk Is In Jail And Hillary Isn't!"

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mike-huckabee-kim-davis-jailing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:47 pm 
Captain

Peter wrote:
It is disappointing that some republican candidates are calling on Kim Davis to go against her convictions (Kasich, Fiorina and Graham, according to the article). I wonder if Ben Carson has weighed in on this ("It's the law of the land") and what his followers would/will say.

Quote:
Mike Huckabee offers support to Kentucky clerk who refuses to issue gay marriage licenses
By Katie Zezima September 2

Mike Huckabee called a Kentucky clerk who is refusing to issue gay marriage licenses Wednesday to offer his prayers and support for "not abandoning her religious convictions."

The Supreme Court turned away a request by Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis to be excused from issuing marriage licenses to same-sex couples, but the clerk continues to refuse to issue those licenses, calling the requirement a violation of her religious liberties.

"I spoke with Kim Davis this morning to offer my prayers and support. I let her know how proud I am of her for not abandoning her religious convictions and standing strong for religious liberty. She is showing more courage and humility than just about any federal office holder in Washington," Huckabee said in a statement.

Full article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2015/09/02/mike-huckabee-offers-support-to-kentucky-clerk-who-refuses-to-issue-gay-marriage-licenses/

MSNBC Morning Joe interview:

"Huckabee: Kim Davis is following Kentucky law"

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/huckabee--kim-davis-is-following-kentucky-law-518587459866

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:20 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
It's things like this that make me like Huck so much. :)

While so many other candidates either give in to the PC crowd or just avoid the issue all together, Huck takes the side of what's right. Would be cool if he posted bail for her. 8)

Post by goalieman has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 12:11 am 
Lieutenant General

So, the Huck is holding a rally in Kentucky on Tuesday...

Mike Huckabee trending on Facebook...

Donald Trump says we should move on from the issue of marriage. When will Christians wake up and support Mike?

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:09 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
Peter wrote:
So, the Huck is holding a rally in Kentucky on Tuesday...

Mike Huckabee trending on Facebook...

Donald Trump says we should move on from the issue of marriage. When will Christians wake up and support Mike?

Many of our fellow Christians need to wake up, period.

Trump seems to have no inner compass on most issues and just goes where he thinks his current audience wants him too. I like that that he has stood up to the PC crowd, but he really doesn't have the temperment to be President, IMO.

Fiorina is another one who under closer scrutiny doesn't impress much. Lot's of clever speech but not much in the way of policy. And it cracks me up that she's talked about as a rising star when her polling numbers are no better than most of the other top 10 or 11 candidates.

Post by goalieman Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:18 pm 
Captain

goalieman wrote:
It's things like this that make me like Huck so much. :)

While so many other candidates either give in to the PC crowd or just avoid the issue all together, Huck takes the side of what's right. Would be cool if he posted bail for her. 8)

Jailed Kentucky clerk dividing GOP field on same-sex marriage
By Nick Gass and Katie Glueck
09/08/15, 08:23 AM EDT

Some of the candidates in the Republican field have rallied behind Davis, saying she's the one being discriminated against, while others have staked out a more moderate stance, including former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, Sen. Lindsey Graham, Donald Trump and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

Addressing Huckabee's planned visit on Tuesday, Christie remarked that politicians should not "grandstand" or "play politics" on issues like this.
"What we should do is try to solve problems. And see, this is part of the problem with Washington, quite frankly. And this is why we need term limits for these guys," the Republican governor told "Fox and Friends."

Bush, speaking to a town hall last week, also did not offer a full-throated defense of Davis. "[Davis] is sworn to uphold the law and it seems to me there ought to be common ground, there ought to be big enough space for her to act on her conscience and for, now that the law is the law of the land, for a gay couple to be married in whatever jurisdiction that is," he said.

Trump, meanwhile, appeared to defer to the courts, saying last week, "You have to go with it. The decision's been made, and that is the law of the land."

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/09/kim-davis-mike-huckabee-visit-kentucky-gay-marriage-213394#ixzz3lAF5drHY