Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:34 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
What is Cruz up to??? So unprofessional of him.

Quote:
Mike Huckabee ‘surprised’ Ted Cruz showed up at Kim Davis rally: ‘It was our event’
By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee addressed claims Wednesday that one of his aides blocked fellow Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz from speaking at a Kentucky rally for Kim Davis on Tuesday.

“Look, I invited him to come and meet with Kim Davis. It was our event. We were kind of surprised that he showed up. But you know, once he was there, we invited him to come and meet with her. So I’m not sure what the controversy is,” Mr. Huckabee said on Fox News, Politico reported.

“The program, of course, was already settled, and I’m happy that he was able to come and show his support for her, even if it was at the last minute,” he added.

Mr. Huckabee gathered with social conservatives on Tuesday in Grayson to celebrate the release of Ms. Davis, the Kentucky county clerk jailed for contempt after refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples. Mr. Cruz’s campaign did not make the Texas senator’s intentions to go to the event known until the morning of the event, Politico reported.

“We planned, paid for, and promoted the event and Sen. Cruz showed up the day of and tried to take it over. It would have been the equivalent to us showing up at their religious liberty event in Iowa a couple weeks ago, claiming it was our event, and expecting to give the keynote speaking role,” a Huckabee aide told Politico. “First time any of us have ever seen a presidential candidate crash another candidate’s event without so much as reaching out to get permission to attend. Bizarre.”

During the event, a Huckabee aide reportedly blocked Mr. Cruz from reaching the microphones as he was leaving the detention center where he met with Ms. Davis, Politico reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/9/mike-huckabee-surprised-ted-cruz-showed-up-at-kim-/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:15 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
Almost sounds like an act of desperation on the part of Cruz.

Peter wrote:
What is Cruz up to??? So unprofessional of him.

Quote:
Mike Huckabee ‘surprised’ Ted Cruz showed up at Kim Davis rally: ‘It was our event’
By Jessica Chasmar - The Washington Times - Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee addressed claims Wednesday that one of his aides blocked fellow Republican presidential candidate Ted Cruz from speaking at a Kentucky rally for Kim Davis on Tuesday.

“Look, I invited him to come and meet with Kim Davis. It was our event. We were kind of surprised that he showed up. But you know, once he was there, we invited him to come and meet with her. So I’m not sure what the controversy is,” Mr. Huckabee said on Fox News, Politico reported.

“The program, of course, was already settled, and I’m happy that he was able to come and show his support for her, even if it was at the last minute,” he added.

Mr. Huckabee gathered with social conservatives on Tuesday in Grayson to celebrate the release of Ms. Davis, the Kentucky county clerk jailed for contempt after refusing to issue marriage licenses to gay couples. Mr. Cruz’s campaign did not make the Texas senator’s intentions to go to the event known until the morning of the event, Politico reported.

“We planned, paid for, and promoted the event and Sen. Cruz showed up the day of and tried to take it over. It would have been the equivalent to us showing up at their religious liberty event in Iowa a couple weeks ago, claiming it was our event, and expecting to give the keynote speaking role,” a Huckabee aide told Politico. “First time any of us have ever seen a presidential candidate crash another candidate’s event without so much as reaching out to get permission to attend. Bizarre.”

During the event, a Huckabee aide reportedly blocked Mr. Cruz from reaching the microphones as he was leaving the detention center where he met with Ms. Davis, Politico reported.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/sep/9/mike-huckabee-surprised-ted-cruz-showed-up-at-kim-/

Post by Miranda has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:34 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Further evidence that Cruz has issues with being a team player.

The more support the better for an event like this, and I'm sure if other candidates had stated their desire to attend the event they would have been welcomed to do so. But a suprise visit isn't the way to go about it. Of course, people like Mark Levin will probably make Huck to look like the bad guy here and Cruz the victim.

Post by goalieman has received Likes: 2 justgrace, Peter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:49 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
MSNBC has a video of Cruz shaking his finger at Huckabee's advance event planner, Aaron Chang, and trying to get past Alice Stewart to get to the stage. And this at Huckabee's event that they has spent the long weekend planning. Kim Davis really did not want to meet with Senator Cruz, but Governor Huckabee graciously invited Cruz to meet with her.

I would say that Cruz's arrogance is showing. I had known he was quite "confident," but this is arrogance and almost bullying. This is opposite of what FoxNews Shepard Smith was reporting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:40 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
justgrace wrote:
MSNBC has a video of Cruz shaking his finger at Huckabee's advance event planner, Aaron Chang, and trying to get past Alice Stewart to get to the stage. And this at Huckabee's event that they has spent the long weekend planning. Kim Davis really did not want to meet with Senator Cruz, but Governor Huckabee graciously invited Cruz to meet with her.

I would say that Cruz's arrogance is showing. I had known he was quite "confident," but this is arrogance and almost bullying. This is opposite of what FoxNews Shepard Smith was reporting.

On a side note, I know it's a kinda weird thing to pray, but I have been praying that Cruz be "exposed" if he has wrong intentions in this presidential contest.

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:12 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
justgrace wrote:

If the embed doesn't work for you, the link is http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watc ... 1604675960. But a warning to those of you with weak stomachs- this video contains Rachel Maddow!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:49 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Thanks, Cristopher, for the video. Please look at the video and disregard Rachel Maddow! Who, with sloppy journalism and a great bias against Christians, gets the whole story wrong. Purposely, I would think.

Huckabee didn't just "race down to Kentucky for a photo-op." For five days prior, his team planned the event as a rally for Kim Davis, along with Gov. Huckabee's long-time friend, her attorney Mat Staver and Tony Perkins. As such, Huckabee was not "surprised," as was Ted Cruz and the rest of America, by the release of Kim Davis from jail. Both Huckabee and Staver announced the release, as you can see from the video. But they were all very surprised that Ted Cruz would show up without notice and try to take over the stage and get the media attention off Kim and onto himself.

Rachel gets the whole thing wrong with what Ted Cruz did. He was crashing the party, not even letting those in charge of the event know he was coming until an hour before the event, and then arrogantly assuming he would get the stage to do and say whatever he wanted. Huckabee's advance team shown blocking him were actually trying to prevent him from getting on stage and trying to take the media focus off the event put it onto himself.

This is just not done! It would be like in the midst of a couple's wedding reception, having another couple come in and take over the stage and making it their own celebration.

Rachel apparently never went to any trouble trying to find the "real story." She admitted herself that they at MSNBC rely a lot on "body language." But without the facts of the story, she got this story very wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:46 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Mr. Rachel Maddow has never been one to let facts get in the way of her leftist narrative, so no suprise she misreported this story. But only about 0.001% of the population watch her show, so it doesn't matter all that much. 8)

Post by goalieman Liked by: justgrace