Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 6:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
This is an account from 2008...very insightful about our guy tho and worth the read.

http://religionblog.dallasnews.com/2008/02/why-one-texas-evangelist-still.html/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:26 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
So interesting and informative about who this amazing man is--Mike Huckabee. I had not realized the impact he made on the Southern Baptist and other churches, how he helped promote Ronald Reagan as few others did, and with what energy and integrity he worked for the cause of evangelism and Christ, first within the greater Christian community.

Dr. Freddie Gage wrote of Huckabee:
Quote:
I had already met Mike Huckabee at several Evangelistic Crusades helping evangelists. He was then a student at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Fort Worth, TX. He was a dynamic and aggressive personality with a lot of tenacity, passion, fire and zeal. He became a foot solider in the Reagan Revolution. As I have stated, without Jerry Falwell there would never have been a Christian movement of values in America. Jerry Falwell was the man. As we began to organize phone banks many independent Baptists Preachers began to come in and build fires in their congregations.

If anyone doubts the character of Huckabee, read on:

Quote:
Jerry Falwell was hitting the capitols, all fifty states with the Liberty Singers. I traveled with him to many of those events and he wore me down! He was one of the few people I had a hard time keeping up with.

He was a controversial fighter for truth who never, never gave up. One of his favorite slogans was: “If you get knocked down nine times, get up on the tenth!”
There were a lot of preachers who got involved after it became an overwhelming success and made headlines in the newspapers. Over 20,000, standing room only, attended that event – in fact, it was more like a spiritual awakening. I shall never forget Dr W A Criswell’s introduction to Governor Ronald Reagan. I was so ecstatic I was ready to vote for Dr Criswell! I almost forgot that it was Ronald Reagan running for president! If he would have given an alter call, 1000′s would have come forward.

I was so impressed with Mike Huckabee that I kept up with him when he became a pastor. The last time I saw him he was President of the Arkansas Baptist Convention. Mike maintained his personal and theological integrity and has stood by his Christian Values, never compromising an inch.

Mike is persistent and has tenacity and fight. Quitting is not an option with Mike. He has never been wimpish. He is a fighter who refused to compromise his convictions.

We had over a hundred independent Baptist Churches involved from as far away as Tyler, Houston and even Corpus Christi. We paid pastors of small churches, their wives and those they enlisted by the hour for the phone calls they made. Some made literally 100′s of telephone calls!

I WOULD LIKE TO RECOMMEND THAT MIKE HUCKABEE BECOME A CONSULTANT FOR EVANGELISM TO THE SOUTHERN BAPTIST CONVENTION. WOW! WHAT FIRE, ENTHUSIASM AND PASSION HE WOULD BRING!

In Jesus Name,

Dr Freddie Gage