Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CNN debate
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:41 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
Here's a pre-debate assessment for Huckabee:

http://postonpolitics.blog.palmbeachpost.com/2015/09/14/republican-presidential-debate-florida-preview-mike-huckabee/

The article does state wrongly that Huckabee's campaign "helped" organize the Kim Davis rally, when in fact they were the organizers.

Post subject: Re: CNN debate
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:05 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Amazing that during CNN's commercials for the debate they mention all the candidates names except for, you guessed it, Huckabee. What did he do to these media people that makes them shun him like they do?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:49 pm 
Private

Liked: 19
It seems that Fox is just as bad. When they refer to the Governors in the race they name almost all but huckabee and then say- and the others. The bias is so obvious.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:38 pm 
Sergeant

Liked: 45
I am thrilled at the Governors last couple of weeks. I think it illustrates the depth of his character and his willingness to go against conventional wisdom.

Anyone who read "God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy," should know that The Governor has been saying most of the stuff that Trump has been saying, but Mike says it with maturity and tact, while Trump has all the self-control of a spoiled 3 year old.

I am looking for Mike to keep up the pressure on the moral and national security issues and yet, I want to see him pivot to economics. I firmly believe his economic record is a staunchly conservative one. He balanced a budget for over 10 years, and left Arkansas in much better shape than it was when he started.

Mike was Tea Party before Tea Party was cool.

Follower of Christ,Husband to Julia,
Father of Ezekiel, Grace and Nehemiah,
Pastor of Pathway Church
Bus Driver at First Student

Post by HuckyinKentucky Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:13 pm 
Lieutenant General

The CNN stream doesn't work from outside the US :wall :( :(

I guess I stayed up for nothing. :wall-yellow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:41 pm 
***** General

Peter wrote:
The CNN stream doesn't work from outside the US :wall :( :(

I guess I stayed up for nothing. :wall-yellow

They still haven't asked Huck a question. This debate is a farce.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:00 pm 
***** General

Huck forcing his way into the debate, I love it!

Janet is sitting behind Jake Tapper, and if looks could kill he'd be 6ft under!

Post by goalieman Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:19 pm 
***** General

It's the Trump vs Bush show...........thank you all for watching.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:34 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
I am sorely tempted to change the channel. :fingers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:47 pm 
***** General

I really wish Huck would ask Tapper where he can get a good cup of coffee at.

Post by goalieman has received Likes: 3 justgrace, Miranda, Peter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:12 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Very disappointing how CNN conducted (or failed to conduct) this debate. Forty minutes in, they still had not asked Huckabbe a question.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:00 am 
Lieutenant General

Well at least its obvious the netwworks and the establishment FEAR Huckabee.

On a positive note, my wife's cousin in North Carolina who is not particularly into politics commented on my fb page that she thought Huck did well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:21 pm 
Lieutenant General

A Breitbart take on the debate:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2015/09/17/second-debate-grades-carly-fiorina-soars-jeb-bush-tanks/

On Huckabee:
Quote:
Governor Mike Huckabee (R-AR): B. Huckabee’s strategy in this race is clear: win evangelicals; then win more evangelicals. Last night, he did heavy work on that area in his extremely limited time. (He had the second-least time of any candidate). His answer about Kim Davis got religious Americans out of their seats:

I am here to fight for somebody who is a county clerk elected under the Kentucky Constitution that 75 percent of the people of that state had voted for that said that marriage was between a man and a woman. … I thought that everybody here passed ninth-grade civics. The courts cannot legislate. That’s what Roberts said. But heck, it’s what we learned in civics. The courts can’t make a law. They can interpret one. They can review one. They can’t implement it. They can’t force it. But here’s what happened: because the courts just decided that something was going to be and people relinquished it and the other two branches of government sat by silently. I thought we had three branches of government, they were all equal to each other, we have separation of powers, and we have checks and balances. If the court can just make a decision and we just all surrender to it, we have what Jefferson said was judicial tyranny. … We made accommodation to the Fort Hood shooter to let him grow a beard. We made accommodations to the detainees at Gitmo. I’ve been to Gitmo, and I’ve seen the accommodations that we made to the Muslim detainees who killed Americans. You’re telling me that you cannot make an accommodation for an elected Democrat county clerk from Rowan County, Kentucky? What else is it other than the criminalization of her faith and the exaltation of the faith of everyone else who might be a Fort Hood shooter or a detainee at Gitmo?

Huckabee for the win here. Ted Cruz, who is also vying for the evangelical vote, got hit with Huckabee’s truck on this one. Huckabee may not move in national polls, but he will move in Iowa.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:35 pm 
Lieutenant General

The Iowa Republican:

http://theiowarepublican.com/2015/fiorina-and-rubio-clear-winners-of-cnn-debate/

On Huckabee:
Quote:
Mike Huckabee once again showed how skilled of a communicator he is. He avoided the invitation to tangle with others and instead used the opportunity to speak in depth about issues that are central to his Iowa campaign. Even though he didn’t get much time, Huckabee was able to weigh in on the Middle East, the religious liberty issue involving Kim Davis, his conservative litmus test for Supreme Court justices, and why he supports the Fair Tax. Huckabee might not make anybody’s debate winners list, but he used his time to talk about his platform. Those four subjects make up the core of his message.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:48 pm 
***** General

Have to give a thumbs up to radio host Dennis Prager for not going down the "conventional wisdom" path and instead said that Huck had a good night last night. With the limited time Huck had, he did do well. Some candidates need to use a thousand words to make their points, but Huck says more with fewer words.

As bad as the Fox debate was, the CNN debate wasn't even high school level with the "he said, she said" nonsense. Waste of 3 hours.

I think Mark Steyn's analysis on Hannity's show last night was right on the mark. Those watching this as simply a performance art will think Fiorina and Rubio will rise in the polls. Truth is, most people aren't voting for who does the best powerpoint presentation, but on who they view as likeable, which is why Carson is doing so well. I don't expect this debate change much in the polls.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:56 pm 
Lieutenant General

goalieman wrote:

I think Mark Steyn's analysis on Hannity's show last night was right on the mark. Those watching this as simply a performance art will think Fiorina and Rubio will rise in the polls. Truth is, most people aren't voting for who does the best powerpoint presentation, but on who they view as likeable, which is why Carson is doing so well. I don't expect this debate change much in the polls.

I hope you are right. I'd be weary of Fiorina rising in the polls again, when she was just going down. She's not qualified to be a conservative standard bearer or qualified to be president.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:03 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Am I crazy or is Fiorina not as impressive as the hype makes her out to be? Just standard Republican boilerplate and reconstituted stump speeches, as far as I can tell. "My friend Bibi..." yeah yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:34 pm 
***** General

christopher.wilkerson wrote:
Am I crazy or is Fiorina not as impressive as the hype makes her out to be? Just standard Republican boilerplate and reconstituted stump speeches, as far as I can tell. "My friend Bibi..." yeah yeah.

Fiorina is the latest attack dog set out to take out Trump. Jeb is failing at it, Kasich has no Mojo, Rubio doesn't seem mean enough to take on that role (to his credit), Walker is falling in the polls, so the beltway elites have to find someone to take down the Donald. Oddly enough, Carson is right behind Trump but the Rove's of the world can't control him like they can with some of the others. Maybe attacking Trump isn't so wise a strategy, as Huck clearly seems to know.