Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Sun May 31, 2020 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:16 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
The nauseating Club-For-Growth... Huckabee's record is just fine. He is a pragmatic, not a purist. Pragmatics tend to get results, as his Arkansas record shows.

At least Trump is doing us the favor of discrediting the Club-for-Greed with a lot of "Conservative Warriors" aka "Trumpists" this time around, so when they attack Huck, it won't be that harmful.

Quote:
Boom: Huckabee Just Blew The Doors Off This Powerful ‘Conservative’ Organization
Warner Todd Huston September 22, 2015 at 3:54pm

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee defended his record on taxes as governor, saying he balanced the state’s budget when he was in charge and even left the state with a surplus. He also lashed out at the conservative Club For Growth for criticizing him and also for supporting one of the most liberal Congressmen in the country, Florida’s Rep. Alan Grayson.

Huckabee blasted the conservative group for supporting Grayson, a man who has not only been accused of domestic abuse but has advocated for arguably some of the most liberal policies of any in Congress.

Full read: http://www.westernjournalism.com/boom-huckabee-just-blew-the-doors-off-this-powerful-conservative-organization/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:12 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
As quoted in this article about Gov. Mike Huckabee in the Western Journalism article:
Quote:
Huckabee said..."Ninety-four times we cut taxes. We rebuilt our roads. We did many things like cutting the marriage penalty, reducing capital gains taxes. I want you to understand I did that in the headwinds of the most Democratic legislature in America. More Democratic than even California, more democratic than Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, Oregon, New York, New Jersey. I think it was a pretty significant record on reducing the burden of taxes for working people. What I embrace at the federal level is the FairTax, which is a tax on consumption as opposed to a tax on productivity, and it would really empower poor people – really give poor people at the bottom a chance to rise up on the economic scale. And I think would bring an unprecedented growth in our economy.

Glad to see Club for Growth of Whom or What? get their come-uppance. It's about time. They chose to make Mike Huckabee a foe, even when he offered an olive branch back when he had their executive director on his show.