Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 3rd quarter fundraising
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:04 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
This article gives an overview of the fundraising numbers of all the campaigns and affiliated Super PACs. Huckabee is number 10 among Republicans with 1,2 million raised by the campaign.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/election-2016-campaign-money-race.html?_r=0

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:10 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Quote:
Six cash-strapped Republican White House hopefuls face tipping point

Half a dozen Republican presidential candidates are edging toward financial crisis, raising the specter that some may be forced to drop out of the sprawling field of contenders.

They all spent more than they took in during the third quarter, according to campaign finance reports filed on Thursday. The six are: Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, former New York Governor George Pataki, South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham and former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum.

One telling sign is the "burn rate" - jargon for how much a candidate spends versus how much he is raising. If the burn rate is high and donor enthusiasm low, then trouble ensues.

The third quarter reports show the challenges. Any burn rate over 100 percent is considered dangerous by campaign finance experts. Pataki’s was 226 percent, Graham 188, Paul 181, Jindal 144, Huckabee 110 and Santorum 101.

And the Huckabee campaign said their candidate was experienced at running campaigns on shoestring budgets.

Regardless of the money not coming in, there's no way Huckabee would get out before Iowa.

I believe the boost Huckabee needs will have to come at Carson's expense.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:50 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
christopher.wilkerson wrote:
Quote:
Six cash-strapped Republican White House hopefuls face tipping point

Half a dozen Republican presidential candidates are edging toward financial crisis, raising the specter that some may be forced to drop out of the sprawling field of contenders.

They all spent more than they took in during the third quarter, according to campaign finance reports filed on Thursday. The six are: Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal, former New York Governor George Pataki, South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham and former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum.

One telling sign is the "burn rate" - jargon for how much a candidate spends versus how much he is raising. If the burn rate is high and donor enthusiasm low, then trouble ensues.

The third quarter reports show the challenges. Any burn rate over 100 percent is considered dangerous by campaign finance experts. Pataki’s was 226 percent, Graham 188, Paul 181, Jindal 144, Huckabee 110 and Santorum 101.

And the Huckabee campaign said their candidate was experienced at running campaigns on shoestring budgets.

Regardless of the money not coming in, there's no way Huckabee would get out before Iowa.

I believe the boost Huckabee needs will have to come at Carson's expense.

No doubt the third quarter was a difficult one for the Huckabee campaign. Trump sucked out much oxygen. Many social conservatives gave their hearts and their money to Ben Carson. There is the sleek Cruz waiting in the shadows to become the next conservative savior.

Huck has it all, and much more, but no one wanted him - for now.

Did the campaign make mistakes? I don't know.
Should they re-focus, re-strategize? I don't know.
In their shoes, I wouldn't know what to do differently. It is difficult. So many giants out there. What can you do, if your own kin [Evangelicals and their leaders] are behaving so erratically?

So, yes, when Evangelicals (hopefully) eventually will see the light that neither Carson nor Trump is their savior, will they (re)turn to Huckabee, or rather choose Cruz or someone else?

I hope and pray they will choose Huckabee.

Huckabee all the way!!!!

:pompom

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I am afraid many Huckabee supporters are giving up, way too soon, listening to pundits and wringing their hands!

1. The problem is that people are waiting for someone else to do the job. I am guilty of that, too. Waiting for direction, when there is much I could be doing. For enthusiasm to start, we need to be involved and tell others about this wonderful man's record and what he wants to do. Get others enthused! We need to take along our lists of why he is best qualified, and open up and tell others.

2. We are not giving or volunteering at a level of enthusiasm that the newer leaders, like Carson and Trump are receiving. Cruz has his young enthusiasts, too, but he also has his wife's money and connections and the support of trial lawyers. Gov. Huckabee has had donors notice, but they have not been convinced he can pull ahead. They forget the uphill battle he had in 2008, and how he surprised everyone by coming in second. Keep praying for the donor(s) who will come along and believe in him, like the one that believed in Ronald Reagan and got his campaign going years ago.

3. With Gov. Huckabee being the only candidate out there who has the solutions and the experience to turn our nation around, we MUST for the sake of our nation and our children and grandchildren put our "all" into this effort to elect him! We have no second chance this time! Yes, we should try to ramp up our enthusiasm, but really, it is mostly about just getting out there and working. Contact the campaign and ask what you can do. Buy some Huckabee tee-shirts and wear them. Get bumper stickers. Hand out palm cards to people you meet each day. Pray!

4. The time is getting close to just 3 months before the Iowa caucus. Gov. Huckabee is working tirelessly. His wife is also. If we have the strong belief he is the best person to be President, we (and I am including myself!) have to start talking to more people, handing out those cards, etc. that the campaign is providing. I am afraid we are unaware of how late the time is getting.

I am praying that God will wake us and shake us. And help us to be a bit more positive.

5. Finally, I think this is also a spiritual battle between good and evil, between Christians and Christian-haters than any of us can imagine. We have many in power within this administration who are trying to destroy traditional values and freedom in America, including an all-out attack on our Constitution through the Supreme Court. If we lose our nation, our freedom, and our economy, we may never get them back.

God may raise up other supporters if we do not do our part, but I know I do not want to be guilty of not trying and having to tell our grandchildren that, yes, America was once the home of the brave and free, but we didn't do enough to save it. That we had a perfect candidate for the job, but let him slip through our fingers. I believe Gov. Huckabee alone has the proven ability and temperament to bring this nation together and to help heal its economic and other wounds. Cruz may talk about conservative values, but I don't see him appealing to Reagan Democrats or independents at anywhere near the level Gov. Huckabee could. Cruz has shown less ability to work across the aisle, even within his party. Only one of the Senate bills he proposed has passed.

If some people claim Huckabee has too much baggage, let's unpack the pack of lies and tell them the truth.

Most of the things people hold against him are falsehoods or misunderstandings; some are downright lies from people or groups that should know better.

Following in Gov. Huckabee's lead of not running down people of his party, we need to always show respect for others in answering them.

WE CANNOT GIVE UP! Let's use today and maybe this week to put together our list of people to call, write, email, or post on Facebook, with reasons we need Gov. Huckabee for President. And order some campaign items (they are really classy and well-done) to wear or give out. And let us know here what you have done!

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 3 christopher.wilkerson, Miranda, Peter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:43 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
Quote:
Former Gov. Mike Huckabee (R-Ark.) says it's "nonsense" to claim his presidential campaign is on "life support."

“People who say that sit in their little buildings in Washington,” Huckabee said on "Fox and Friends" Monday morning. "If they want to look at a campaign, come to Iowa.

“Every event we had last week had overflow crowds. We had people we couldn’t get in the room,” he added. “It incenses me when people who have no idea what a campaign is about pretend that ‘Huckabee’s campaign is on life support.’ ”

Huckabee also argued that his current White House run is already faring better than his previous 2008 bid.

“I’m in a better place now than I was seven or eight years ago at the same time,” he said. “If people want to support the campaign, they can do it, but I get just so fed up and disgusted with pundits who don’t have clue what they’re talking about."

...The former Arkansas governor’s campaign said last week that he's not concerned about his fundraising.

“We’ve done this before, can do it again and will have the resources we need to be successful in Iowa, the early southern states and beyond,” Huckabee spokeswoman Alice Stewart told The Hill on Oct. 15.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/257304-huckabee-its-nonsense-that-my-2016-run-is-failing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:54 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
Quote:
GOP presidential candidate Mike Huckabee downplayed a steep polling and funding disadvantage Monday, contending his campaign is efficient enough to last well into the primary election cycle.

"People look at these numbers and they forget it's not how much you raise, it's what you do with it," Huckabee told CNBC's "Closing Bell." "We keep a low overhead. We run the campaign like most people wish the federal government would be run: very frugally."

The former Arkansas governor's campaign committee reports it raised $3.2 million through September, 12th-most in the crowded Republican field. Huckabee notes the figures do not yet include his Super PAC's funds.

His campaign ended the month with about $761,000 on hand. Huckabee finds himself with considerably less cash than rivals as he polls seventh in the primary race, according to aggregate national data from Real Clear Politics.

Despite the deficit nationally, Huckabee touted his campaign's strength in Iowa, a crucial early caucus state that he won in 2008. He contended he has built the "largest" effort on the ground in the state.

"I don't care what kind of money you have. If you don't build a ground game, you don't win," Huckabee said.

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/19/mike-huckabee-fundraising-struggles-not-a-concern.html