Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon May 25, 2020 9:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:33 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
This is not necessarily a positive (or accurate), but it featured on the RCP main page today - one of the few about Huckabee in the past months.

While in the initial stages of the race, RealClearPolitics featured not so seldom neutral to positive articles about the Governor, at some point it stopped. Maybe higher orders?

Quote:
Huckabee: DC-Wall Street is like a strip club
John Harwood | @johnjharwood
Friday, 16 Oct 2015 | 6:03 AM ET

Mike Huckabee doesn't forget.

He doesn't forget the sneers of the "Wall Street bunch," who considered the former Arkansas governor with populist economic views an ignorant Baptist preacher unfit to become president in 2008. He doesn't forget the deal he insists that fellow Southerner Fred Thompson struck with John McCain to remain in the 2008 race through the South Carolina primary to deny him victory and momentum there after Huckabee had won the Iowa caucuses. The two other men have both denied making such a pact, but Huckabee lost the primary and McCain became the Republican nominee.

Now that he's running again, he doesn't forget the skepticism of pundits who've suggested his candidacy is motivated by money rather than a sincere attempt to win the presidency. "What a stupid thing to say," he remarked in an interview at The Home Plate Diner in Des Moines, Iowa. "I had a TV show. I had a book deal. I was making more speeches than I could keep up with. That's what I walked away from to do this."

Full article: http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/16/huckabee-wall-street-is-like-a-strip-club.html