Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:30 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
Quote:
Huckabee: Three Billionaires Refused Support Becuase of Abortion, Marriage Stances

By Thomas Valentine
November 9, 2015

Mike Huckabee got into a discussion with Breitbart Radio’s Stephen Bannon about the influence of the GOP donor class on the party’s candidates. He revealed that at least three billionaires seemed likely to throw their weight — and massive sums of cash — behind him, until Huckabee refused to shut up about his pro-life and pro-natural

STEPHEN BANNON: The [donor class is] also quite uncomfortable with the moral issues like gay marriage and issues like the right to life. The donor class does not want to – they think that that is a bunch of rubes or that is a bunch of – you know, guys that are un-clubbable. They can’t go into the country clubs, right? You bring all that additional baggage.

MIKE HUCKABEE: Well, for me it’s not baggage; for me it’s the integrity of our positions that is consistent. But at least three different major potential donors, all of whom [are] billionaires, could have wonderfully funded a super PAC for me and raised tens of millions of dollars and given personally tens of millions of dollars, and let me just say, in a couple of cases have already given tens of millions to other candidates. Let me just tell you – I talked to them, they liked a lot of my message. But when it came down to the fact that they said, ‘Well, we just want you to lay off the issues of sanctity of life, and don’t talk about marriage.’ And I said, ‘I can’t do that. You know, I just can’t. Because to me these are issues of heart. They’re issues of principle. I don’t think that our country and culture is made better by the elimination and eradication of 60 million unborn children in the past 42 years. And I think it’s akin to the savagery of slavery. We’ve gotta stop it.’ And with that, it was kind of, ‘Well, thank you very much,’ and now they’re giving to these other candidates.

http://thepulse2016.com/thomas-valentine/2015/11/09/huckabee-three-billionaires-refused-support-because-of-abortion-marriage-stances/

Post by Miranda has received Likes: 3 justgrace, Peter, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:05 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Miranda, bless you for posting this! It makes me all the prouder of Gov. Huckabee, knowing that he is such a man of principle, who cannot be bought. Three billionaires? I had heard that there were those interested in helping him, but I always wondered the inside story of why that financial backing never came through. It makes me wonder who those candidates are who accepted the money with such strings attached.

God can make a way...

I would say, let's all get to WORK! With such principles as Gov. Huckabee possesses, we the people will need to come forward to donate and make his resources go further by grassroots volunteering. That is how and why Hucks Army started!

Please contact the Huckabee campaign to see how you might help. Get signs. Print off palm cards using PDF from his campaign website. It's easy and money-saving for you to do this, rather than to expect his campaign office to do this. But do order a tee shirt or cap and wear them to start conversation. It is not too soon to order some signs and put them out. Know what Gov. Huckabee has pledged to do if elected, and ask friends and people you meet if that is not what they would like our next President of the USA to accomplish.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 8:53 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
I'm still looking for that billionaire with principles out there...

:tinfoil