Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:13 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
What a sweet story!

Quote:
Fargo 8-year-old Who Takes Interest in Politics is Recognized by Huckabee

An 8-year-old Fargo girl can say what few adults can: she has an interest in history and politics. Instead of cartoons, she likes watching presidential candidate speeches and debates.

Reese Aarestad also has a passion for creating works of art and there's one picture the 3rd grader is really proud of.

"I drew like a stage, and then him and then a microphone," says Reese.

The man she drew, is Mike Huckabee. For her, he is the one who stands out above the rest.

"We started watching the debates together this fall and she right away gravitated towards Huckabee," says Reese's Mom, Nicole Aarestad.

A few weeks ago, Reese asked her mom if she could give Huckabee a call, but her mom didn't have his number. That's when Reese decided to send him a letter.

Her parents sent the double-sided letter, complete with pictures, a week ago. Part of her writing scrawled in crayon said, "I think you would make a great president." Little did they know, that her role model would take notice.

"Today, at our office I got a letter from a third grader in North Dakota, her name is Reese, she sent $6 in her allowance and said, "I want to help you be president," said Mike Huckabee at a debate Tuesday, hosted by Fox Business.

"Well I was really surprised and I felt there was so many goose bumps on my arms because I was so surprised," says Reese.

Reese got interested in history in the first grade. She's even thinking about launching her career in the political field, wanting to become a Vice President.

"I'm glad that she did it, just because it's getting involved in the political process and sometimes those folks actually do listen and pay attention," says Aaron Aarestad, Reese's dad.

Reese says that might be the first of several letters she sends out. Reese and her family say they'll be following the presidential race until election day.

http://www.valleynewslive.com/home/headlines/Fargo-8-year-old-Who-Takes-Interest-in-Politics-is-Recognized-by--346418822.html

Post by Peter has received Likes: 2 goalieman, Miranda