Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:45 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
So, most likely Iowa Caucus goers are not planning to make their minds up for another month or so... Go Mike!!!!

Quote:
Iowa Wracked by Indecision as Presidential Caucuses Near
Less than two months before the caucuses, voters say they still haven't settled on favorites.

December 4, 2015 — 5:00 AM EST

The crops have been harvested and snow has already fallen multiple times, signs in Iowa that it will soon be time to start the process of picking a new president—and begin winnowing the crowded Republican field.

Yet even after months of candidate visits and millions of dollars in campaign ads, many Iowa Republicans interviewed this week don't seem anywhere close to making their final decision, even though the first-in-the-nation Iowa caucuses are less than two months away.

Conversations with more than a dozen likely voters at events featuring former Florida Governor Jeb Bush and Senator Ted Cruz of Texas also revealed that many don't expect to make their minds up for at least another month and that the economy still matters, even as foreign policy has become a bigger part of the discussion following the terrorist attacks in Paris.

The voters' uncertainty suggests the race remains highly fluid, with the outcome not as locked down as polling numbers might suggest. That's not unusual this far ahead of the caucuses. “Organize, organize, organize and get hot at the end,” is a favorite expression of the state's political strategists.

Full article: http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-12-04/iowa-dominated-by-indecision-as-presidential-caucuses-near
(My criticism is a lack of a mention of Gov. Huckabee in this article.

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:56 pm 
Lieutenant General

Another analysis:

When Will Iowa Republicans Make Up Their Minds?
Late. Very late.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-12-07/when-will-iowa-republicans-make-up-their-minds-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:01 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
Well, there are 2 more debates until the caucuses. If Huckabee doesn't break through somehow on those, or if nobody else drops out or self destructs, this race is just static and stale.

Is it possible Trump's muslim policy will finally bring him back down to earth? Even then, what's to stop that support from going to Carson and Cruz, especially when they're the ones on the main stage?

Edit: looks like we might get a third debate.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:14 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
Predictably, the polls coming out just before the coming debate show it's all narrowing down to about four candidates. This is the wish of the media (who control the polling apparatus). It's really an uphill battle right now if you're not considered a "frontrunner", so winning the ground game is really where it's at for us.

And as I write this, Hannity just blurted out that it's becoming a 3 person race between Trump, Cruz & Rubio. Guess even Carson can't win Sean's love these day!. It's propoganda time in media land!

Post by goalieman Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:26 pm 
***** General

I haven't heard Fiorina or Rand's names mentioned in weeks.

We need a shakeup.

No one is going to beat Trump alone. Multiple campaigns need to start working together.

Now I'm just an armchair strategist, but my move would be for the Governors to hold a joint press conference...Huckabee, Pataki, Bush, Jindal, Perry, Christie, Kasich, Walker and Gilmore (who I think is still running). Tell the people that "we cannot support Trump as our party's nominee, nor can we support someone who isn't qualified to hold the office" And to show that the move isn't a self-serving stunt, have the candidates pledge to drop out of the race if Mitt Romney agrees to run. They should probably consult with him first, of course. Sucks for us as Huck supporters, but really, Trump? Cruz? What else is there to do?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:25 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
christopher.wilkerson wrote:

We need a shakeup.

No one is going to beat Trump alone. Multiple campaigns need to start working together.

Now I'm just an armchair strategist, but my move would be for the Governors to hold a joint press conference...Huckabee, Pataki, Bush, Jindal, Perry, Christie, Kasich, Walker and Gilmore (who I think is still running). Tell the people that "we cannot support Trump as our party's nominee, nor can we support someone who isn't qualified to hold the office" And to show that the move isn't a self-serving stunt, have the candidates pledge to drop out of the race if Mitt Romney agrees to run. They should probably consult with him first, of course. Sucks for us as Huck supporters, but really, Trump? Cruz? What else is there to do?

Sorry, but any plan that includes having Mittens be the nominee is one I would run a mile away from! Almost anyone but him!

Trump may well take himself out of contention with his never ending intemperant statements. This is all still very fluid despite what many of the talking heads would like us to believe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:41 am 
Major

Liked: 8

We need a shakeup.

I know you're discouraged, but that' s a horrible plan.

First of all, you expect these Governors on bended knee to a guy who got his clock cleaned. Romney lost in 2012 because he was an awful candidate. How about they just offer to endorse Hillary instead because it'd be the same effect.

Second, imagine all the political establishment coming together to announce their opposition to Trump (how Trump would spin it,) do you think that would help or hurt Trump? If anything should a premature move to bring a losing candidate off the bench would be seen as desperation and make Trump appear strong and everyone else desperate and galvanize support behind Trump.

The plan you propose would likely end in Trump being the nominee.

And what do you do? You endure, you play the process. You do what you can do and you hope the electorate wakes up. A lot can change in the next few weeks and as grassroots that's all we can do because no one from the campaigns is looking on message board for strategies to beat Trump.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:33 am 
Lieutenant General

Anyone but Hillary.

Anyone but Mittens.

Anyone but Trump.

(Carson is also really scary to me, but he is becoming less and less likely)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:12 pm 
***** General

Of course you're both right, but I should have emphasized I was speaking from the point of view of a GOP strategist. The party is about to melt down. Somebody with a sense of responsibility needs to step up.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:48 am 
Lieutenant General

Of course you're both right, but I should have emphasized I was speaking from the point of view of a GOP strategist. The party is about to melt down. Somebody with a sense of responsibility needs to step up.

Who is to blame for this mess in the GOP? Talk Radio, "hard hitting" pundits?

Why haven't conservatives been educated to be principled, thinking, strategic, cool-headed activists? Why so much adrenalin instead?

Is there in this really a substantial difference between those on the left and those on the right? What's the difference between those who fell for Obama and those who are falling for Trump or Cruz?