Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Huck in undercard debate
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:39 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
http://www.startribune.com/cnn-gop-s-christie-back-on-main-presidential-debate-stage/361721901/

Sorry for saying this, but let's hope everyone on the main debate stage plays hunger games and when all are left for dead, Huck can be the lone survivor and walk to the nomination.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:24 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
Maybe Huck can complain to CNN like the Rand Paul team did and get on the main debate stage? This whole debate process is a farce. If I were advising Team Huck, I'd tell them not to participate in the undercard debate. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by being on stage with people like Pataki and Graham. The best thing he could do is have a press conference pointing out the absurdity of this whole debate process.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:48 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
Well, I only listened to the undercard debate on radio, but based on that I'd feel comfortable saying that Huck came out on top. Graham sounded like he had a few before the debate and his desire to take out Assad (how'd that strategy work out in Libya?) was stupid. I wish Huck would have hit him on the untenability of that plan and how it would likely lead to even worse people taking over Syria. Huck's closing could have included his other priorities as well as national defense too, but the rest of his performance was really strong.

Post by goalieman has received Likes: 3 justgrace, Miranda, Peter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:21 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
goalieman wrote:
Well, I only listened to the undercard debate on radio, but based on that I'd feel comfortable saying that Huck came out on top. Graham sounded like he had a few before the debate and his desire to take out Assad (how'd that strategy work out in Libya?) was stupid. I wish Huck would have hit him on the untenability of that plan and how it would likely lead to even worse people taking over Syria. Huck's closing could have included his other priorities as well as national defense too, but the rest of his performance was really strong.

I think that the closings were also supposed to relate to the theme of our nation's security and military defense, and so there was not time for much else.To me it was particularly powerful that Gov. Huckabee related the seriousness of the threat of ISIS, etc. to his concern for his children and grandchildren and then said that he would protect our families as Americans with that same passion (words to that effect).