Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:24 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
Since this is a site of committed Huckabee supporters (many of whom are dormant at the moment, some of whom have gone on to support other candidates), all relevant information concerning the Huckabee campaign should be posted here.

Last night I was in contact with people close to the campaign and they confirmed that this is what Huckabee has reflected in his media comments about this happening: Part of the "normal" turnover that every campaign witnesses from time to time due to varieties of reasons

Huckabee spokeswoman leaves campaign

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/alice-stewart-leaves-mike-huckabee-campaign-216744

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:36 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
Quote:
Huckabee: Campaign in fine shape despite departure

By Theodore Schleifer, CNN
Updated 8:47 AM ET, Tue December 15, 2015

Mike Huckabee denied Monday that the departure of a senior campaign aide hinted at fundamental problems with his presidential bid.

Alice Stewart confirmed to CNN that she had left the former Arkansas governor's campaign team. Stewart was a longtime communications staffer, but declined to offer more information about her decision. The news raised the prospect that Huckabee's campaign was underfunded, under stress or under fire in the day before CNN's Republican debate in Las Vegas.

But Huckabee told CNN's Jake Tapper on "The Lead" that his campaign was not in tailspin.

"We hate to lose Alice, but she's decided that she's I think exhausted from the campaign," Huckabee said. "If people try to read more into it than is there, they're going to be making a huge mistake."

Huckabee is scheduled to appear in the undercard event for the second straight debate on Tuesday night. He has been unable to gain any political oxygen in a race dominated by Donald Trump and featuring other evangelical favorites who have out-muscled past 2008 Iowa caucus winner Huckabee.

"I think we're going to get more time," said Huckabee, complaining that he had not received enough opportunities during the first forums. "The one good thing is that I'll actually get to answer some questions."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/14/politics/mike-huckabee-alice-stewart-campaign/index.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:53 pm 
***** General

Liked: 525
The timing is clearly unfortunate. Looking back at the whole 2016 campaign so far and comparing it with 2008, I can't help but wonder why it is that Huck didn't team up with Ed Rollins again. Does anybody know why?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:46 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 340
TheValuesVoter wrote:
The timing is clearly unfortunate. Looking back at the whole 2016 campaign so far and comparing it with 2008, I can't help but wonder why it is that Huck didn't team up with Ed Rollins again. Does anybody know why?

I guess the chemistry never worked so well between Huckabee and Rollins...at least that was my impression from back then. Not sure if that is a mistake or not.