Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:49 pm 
Captain

Liked: 81
Huckabee: “More Readiness On My Part”
To Support Trump Than Others If I Lose

Andrew Kaczynski
Jan. 14, 2016

Mike Huckabee says if he’s not the Republican nominee, he will likely support front-runner Donald Trump before other candidates in the race.

The comments by the former Arkansas governor are the latest in a string of praise for The Donald. On Wednesday, the author of God, Guns, Grits, and Gravy said, “it very well could be Donald Trump may be the Republican nominee and if he is then we need to unite behind him.”

Huckabee says Trump is just saying what people are thinking.

“I do think he’s touched a nerve with people, he’s saying things at the podium that a lot people might say around their closeted circle of intimate friends and he’s kinda giving them a sense of boldness that maybe they’re right to believe in and say,” Huckabee said on the Alan Colmes Show this week.

Huckabee noted he deeply admired Trump.

“That’s fine, I admire him, I think frankly there’s a more readiness on my part if I don’t make it I’d support him before a lot of people,” he said. “Because at least with him there’s an authenticity. And you know, he may say some bold things, but he deep down knows that if were the president he’d have to surround himself with people who fill in blanks for him and I respect that.”

Audio is embeded in article:http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/huckabee-more-readiness-on-my-part-to-support-trump-than-oth#.kqVaENppp

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:33 pm 

Liked: 340
Interesting perspective from Gov. Huckabee. I guess it is not exactly my perspective at the moment.

However, with a lot of these other candidates, it more often than it is a matter of choosing between the devil and Beelzebub.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:21 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
As I've said before, if our choices come down to Trump, Cruz, and Rubio (or whoever the Establishment candidate is) then we are in a fix.

Huckabee says Trump would have to surround himself with people to fill in the blanks, but that's precisely the problem: There are so many blanks. I don't know what Trump would do on a host of issues. He talks in broad generalities on everything but the economy.

A few weeks ago Rubio looked to be the one to emerge as the establishment favorite, but that's now in some doubt. I'm not sure it matters though because whether it's Jeb, Christie, or Rubio, it's essentially going to be the same establishment policies either way.

And then there's Cruz, who I've yet to get a really good read on. On paper he would seem to be the natural choice of the three for voters like us, but he makes me nervous in many different ways.

We can still hold out hope for an Iowa surprise, but if it doesn't happen we'll be faced with some tough choices.