Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:07 pm 

Liked: 340
From his facebook page. Here are Gov. Huckabee's thoughts on last night's results.

Quote:
Sunday morning musings before church:

The dust has settled in the Palmetto State and the pundits and trying to understand it. Having been twice a candidate and also having been in the pundit chair (easiest job on earth—talking about what other people are actually DOING!), here is what I believe we can glean from the SC results (and I am not, have not, and don’t plan to endorse a candidate in the near future):

1. Evangelical “leaders” aren’t. When a number of high profile leaders of Christian organizations endorsed Ted Cruz, it was supposed to signal that there was a “coalescing” around Cruz among the church-going evangelicals. Supporters of Rick Santorum, Ben Carson, and me were told that their votes were being “wasted” and they should get on the train for Ted. But the people in the pews had a mind of their own and voted all over the board, and in SC where evangelicals make up 74% of the vote (more than Iowa and far more than NH), it was Trump who won them. So why? To that, we turn to observation #2:

2. This is a disruptive election. It’s not just that a totally non-traditional candidate won in SC, but both parties are being rocked by those who don’t fit the normal “mold” for candidates. People in America know that their institutions have failed them and they are willing to take a chance on someone with little or no experience in governing because they are convinced that it’s the experienced politicians who have cost them their jobs, their hopes and dreams. They don’t distinguish between those who governed effectively at the local or state level and those who govern in the cesspool of the Washington/Wall Street Axis of Power. (How well I know!)

3. Those who call for candidates to “get out” need to shut up! It’s an ELECTION—not a SELECTION by a snobby group of smug “professionals.” Let's let VOTERS VOTE and do the winnowing of the field. In Iowa, supporters of Cruz urged the supporters of Carson, Santorum and me to not “waste their votes” on us. Some commentators actually said we were being “selfish” for running and should get out in order to move votes toward the candidate that the commentator was favoring. What a stunning arrogance! I had an answer to some reporters who asked me, “why don’t you get out?” I asked one from MSNBC, “Isn’t your network in a distant third position among cable news networks? Then why do you keep broadcasting? Why don’t you “get out” and make room for the ones who have more viewers?” I said this to the anchorette on air and she immediately ended the interview and went to break. Most of the pompous pop-offs who call for candidates to get out have never been on the ballot. They speak from the press box, not from the arena floor and have no idea what it’s actually like to run for office and even less to govern. So a little insight—it’s harder to get out than to get in because you have people who have invested their time, their money, and their sweat and reputations to help you. You want to give them your best and leave it all on the turf for them. You didn’t get in because of your cheap critics, and you sure as heck won’t get out because of their self-serving advice! If Ben Carson is compelled to stay in, then that is a decision for Ben Carson and his supporters to make—not his opponents! And if we are going to urge people out based on the past, then Cruz, Marco and Kasich need to go as well because Cruz is where I was---won Iowa, but lost in NH and SC. Kasich and Marco have yet to win. So are supporters of Rubio, Cruz, and Kasich also calling for THEM to get out?

4. Trump’s candidacy is not a fluke. And it’s rarely mentioned but one of the reasons that he is a force is that he and Ben Carson are the only GOP candidates left who aren’t funded by the same corporatists/globalists/special interests that fund candidates from BOTH parties (Bernie the exception on the Dem side). Many voters are finally understanding that the 3 magic words in politics are these: FOLLOW. THE. MONEY. The reason things don’t change regardless of who is in power, regardless of the speeches, ads, and promises is because candidates are funded by the SAME BUNCH of Wall Street big banks, hedge fund managers, and special interests. Trump is paying for his own campaign and voters are encouraged that no one will own him.
Let me repeat that I’m not endorsing anyone yet—I want to be able to speak freely and objectively about the race and once an endorsement is made, there is nothing left to say. I have PLENTY to say and will keep saying it! In the meantime, I invite YOU to say what YOU think. I believe your views are as valid as the so-called “experts” who pontificate on radio and TV and online and in print and who are often clueless, but bluster on anyway. So take it away Facebook friends!

https://www.facebook.com/mikehuckabee/posts/10153562203907869

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 6:57 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
If anyone needs to get out it is Cruz. He is unelectable in the general election let alone the primary. History will show that he is what led to Trump getting the GOP nomination.

Besides stuff like this is getting a little ridiculous.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... -ted-cruz/

I thought we weren't supposed to wear our religion on our sleeves. scratch

http://www.teaparty.org/glenn-beck-blas ... ars-77272/

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:21 pm 
***** General

Liked: 72
Or this:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/201 ... -ted-cruz/

Sorry, just venting. :wink:

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:25 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
Some good points made. I just hope to God that Huckabee doesn't endorse liberal Trump.

Beck looks crazy. He sounds crazy. That doesn't help Cruz at all.

Religious leaders have failed us just as badly as political leaders. If the religious leaders weren't compromised by listening to the Manhattan conservatives, they would have supported Huckabee in 2008 and we would not be talking about the Obama Presidency. They messed up big time back in 2008 and we're all paying for it.