Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:17 am 
***** General

Liked: 72
A very good article (except for a few catty comments) about Huckabee's chances for being Trump's VP.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/hu ... rwPEEnyR76

Maybe God is using a worldly man to bring us a Godly man. :wink:

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:30 am 
***** General

More insight:

http://www.westernjournalism.com/trump- ... u-want-is/

Doesn't look like Ben Carson had a chance for VP unless Trump changes his mind. He would make a very good cabinet member though.

"If there was hope, it must lie in the proles..." George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 8:37 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
I liked much of the article, but having read all of Huckabee's books from the past eight years, I do think the writer of BuzzFeed gets a bit of a wrong perspective. Maybe I am wrong. I do realize that one part of Mike Huckabee is the astute businessman and admiration of and friendship with well-known music stars, but I just have never gotten the impression that what drives him is a lust for money or fame. One thing that makes it difficult for him to raise money for his own campaign is that he was born and raised poor; it is hard to ask the people, knowing how hard they have to work and how hard it is to make ends meet with all the taxes, etc.

Quote:
Huckabee has often recalled, in books and speeches, being fascinated as a child by a worldly uncle named Garvin Elder who came to visit from Houston during the holidays. In the Huckabee canon, Elder is illustrated almost entirely with descriptions of his dazzling and expensive stuff. Uncle Garvin wore a starched white shirt and suit everywhere he went, which meant he was “intelligent.” Uncle Garvin bought fancy out-of-town newspapers like the New York Times to check the stocks, which meant he was a “big shot.” Uncle Garvin carried a “well-traveled but stately brown suitcase” — which made him “pretty important” — and had his own luggage tag, “a sure sign he was someone special.” Even writing about this childhood hero decades later, Huckabee’s descriptions make Uncle Garvin — an unmarried accountant at a Houston-based meatpacking company — sound like the Dos Equis man.

When Huckabee became governor of Arkansas, he reveled in the perks and gifts available to a man in his position. During his first year in office alone, 1999, he listed 73 presents, including a guitar from the band Lynyrd Skynyrd and season tickets to University of Arkansas football games. He took free memberships at five different local country clubs. (Along the way, he was sanctioned or fined five times by the Arkansas Ethics Commission.)

But even as he began to enjoy the lifestyle of the affluent elites he used to envy, he couldn’t escape the condescension of the the upper class. When the Arkansas Governor’s Mansion was under renovation, he and his family moved into a double-wide trailer that they had placed in the backyard — a source of tremendous embarrassment to Republican officials, and endless amusement among the political class at large. Huckabee seethed at the snobbery of the reaction.

No person can get into the mind of Huckabee. But I have never seen Huckabee "seeth" about anyone making fun of him. At least publicly, he is more likely to laugh along with them in his own self-deprecating humor. And it was a triple-wide trailer that became the governor's house while the mansion was renovated, not a double-wide. And he joked about it. I think he took a bit of pride in living economically, and good-naturedly revealing the snobs who laughed at him.

Also, the story of his Uncle Gaven came across much differently to me as I read it in the book. Sure, he was relatively wealthy compared to the Huckabee family, but he was also to be pitied according to the account Mike Huckabee gave in his book, because he was single and had no one to care for him when he was very ill. Mike's story focused on how necessary it is for families to love and care for their own, even if it was inconvenient and unpleasant at times. It was a story of sacrifice and learning as a boy to care for others. Not of envying the wealthy.

Does Mike Huckabee serve money? Is that his attraction to Trump? Or does he just like people and love God first? I still think he puts God above glitter, or he would not have stood so firmly for principle and turned down those three billionaires who wanted to support his campaign. But these billionaires wanted Huckabee to change his message of support for the life of every human being as well as for traditional marriage. He could not do that, so he turned them down. To take their money, he said, would make him into everything he stands against. If anything proves his principle over power and money, this should. But of course the author of this article probably knows nothing of this fact.

I do appreciate much of the article, though. Recently, at the Kansas Republican Convention I was able to talk to several Trump volunteers at their table, and they affirmed that their Iowa team loved Huckabee and so does Donald Trump and his family. It seems like a personal friendship, not a professional one. No talk of money was mentioned. They like Huckabee's character and ability, and I think these campaign volunteers also believe that Trump admires him for his outstanding record and ability to lead. Trump has no experience with actually leading a government and lacks knowledge of the inner workings of politics. But Huckabee does. So it makes sense Trump might consider Mike Huckabee as a potential Vice Presidential running mate.

It was interesting, however, when he had Donald Trump speak on his last Huckabee show in 2011. What was the reason? What was the message?

Post by justgrace has received Likes: 2 goalieman, Miranda

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:38 pm 
***** General

Liked: 225
If you're bored, head over to Reddit's Trump forum and check out their love for Huckabee. One interesting thought :

Quote:
Huckabee is gonna be the running mate. Daughter joining to check things out before Huckabee signs on. Probably just a formality.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:52 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
With Mittens now pathetically trying to pile on Trump (mark my words, the Rove crowd will try to ram Mittens thru as the nominee in a brokered convention), I'd love to see Huck make a major speech denouncing what the RINO wing of the party is doing. Time to punch Mittens in his proverbial nose and put him in his place.

That Huck might be the VP gives me a glimmer of hope in this sad process of picking a President. Imagine if George Washington was here to witness what's happened to his country?!! His warning about the danger of political parties was prophetic.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:53 pm 
***** General

goalieman wrote:
With Mittens now pathetically trying to pile on Trump (mark my words, the Rove crowd will try to ram Mittens thru as the nominee in a brokered convention), I'd love to see Huck make a major speech denouncing what the RINO wing of the party is doing. Time to punch Mittens in his proverbial nose and put him in his place.

That Huck might be the VP gives me a glimmer of hope in this sad process of picking a President. Imagine if George Washington was here to witness what's happened to his country?!! His warning about the danger of political parties was prophetic.

I especially hate the way he did it; regurgitating all the opposition research and innuendo that's been floated...and it's all failed to slow Trump down. He would have to be the worst person to convince Trump voters to change their minds. And it really speaks to how poorly Cruz and Rubio are faring if they have to drag the last losing nominee out to chastise everyone for picking the wrong horse.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:15 pm 
***** General

justgrace wrote:
It was interesting, however, when he had Donald Trump speak on his last Huckabee show in 2011. What was the reason? What was the message?

This was played after Gov Huckabee had announced he was not running for President. Trump had recorded 2 messages. One to congratulate him for running and one for congratulating him for not running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZe0wZh2f6Y

Post by beezwax Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:02 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I don't think there's any doubt that Huckabee would be on Trump's short-list. I think Trump's campaign people would probably prefer Kasich (because of Ohio), but I think Trump personally would prefer Huckabee.

Huckabee would definitely be an effective surrogate.

I'm still unsure how I feel about Trump. I'll certainly vote for him over Clinton, but how enthusiastic my support will be is still uncertain. I'm concerned about how he sees the role of government in people's lives. I didn't like how he wanted to boycott Apple because they wouldn't create software for the government to break the Iphone. I'm on the side of Apple and personal privacy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:01 pm 
Captain

Liked: 25
Mike run as Trump's VP? No. No. No.

Post by Lee has received Likes: 2 juditupp, TheValuesVoter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:33 pm 

Liked: 340
I know emotions are high at the moment between the Trump supporter camp and the other Republican candidate's supporter camps.

Why is the extreme left targeting specifically Trump's campaign, as witnessed last night in Chicago? (A very low blow by Cruz, btw, to blame this on Trump, as a first reaction, instead of standing united against these leftist radicals.)

Every Huckabee supporter knows how Cruz is a fraud through and through.

Rubio and Kasich won't change anything either in Washington. (If Rubio were ten years older and weren't funded by "the elites", he probably would be my guy.)

Trump is not a (social) conservative in the sort that Republicans have gotten used to. But he might bring some change of the status quo.

If Mike were offered a VP spot by Trump, he should definitely take it, in my opinion.

Post by Peter has received Likes: 2 goalieman, justgrace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:28 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
There's a lot of reasons to be concerned about Trump, but if he's going to be President then I'd like to have someone like Huckabee close by to advise him. I think in particular Huckabee could be a very positive voice for Israel and Religious Liberty. And I really do think Trump would listen to him.

Post by WalterCan has received Likes: 2 goalieman, justgrace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:27 pm 
***** General

http://i.imgur.com/1LubRVa.gifv

Funny gif/meme somebody made. Huckabee's making a lot of new fans by being slightly positive toward Trump.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:43 am 
***** General

Liked: 525
WalterCan wrote:
There's a lot of reasons to be concerned about Trump, but if he's going to be President then I'd like to have someone like Huckabee close by to advise him. I think in particular Huckabee could be a very positive voice for Israel and Religious Liberty. And I really do think Trump would listen to him.

Will never vote for Trump under any circumstances, regardless of who his VP is.

Post by TheValuesVoter has received Likes: 2 cschande, juditupp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:56 pm 
***** General

Liked: 275
I'll gladly vote for Trump if it keeps Madame Hillary away from the White House!

Remember how the Romney people lambasted anyone who stayed home in 2012 and didn't vote for Mittens? (I still feel ill having put a Romney bumper sticker on my car :barf ). But now that same crowd is quite open about either not voting for Trump (and many of them wouldn't support Cruz either) or forming a 3rd party. Fake, phony, frauds thru and thru! But at least now they've fully exposed themselves for the frauds that they are and can never drag out the "you're bad if you don't support the nominee" line in future elections.

Trump/Huckabee...........I like the ring to it. 8)

Post by goalieman Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:36 am 

goalieman wrote:
I'll gladly vote for Trump if it keeps Madame Hillary away from the White House!

Remember how the Romney people lambasted anyone who stayed home in 2012 and didn't vote for Mittens? (I still feel ill having put a Romney bumper sticker on my car :barf ). But now that same crowd is quite open about either not voting for Trump (and many of them wouldn't support Cruz either) or forming a 3rd party. Fake, phony, frauds thru and thru! But at least now they've fully exposed themselves for the frauds that they are and can never drag out the "you're bad if you don't support the nominee" line in future elections.

Most of my American friends and family are currently Cruz supporters, and I have a hard time making them understand, why I am more positive towards Trump than Cruz.

I think what makes an impact is how used conservative Americans have gotten to vote for a "Christian" candidate (that would be Cruz? Well, he is fake, in my opinion). In Germany, we hardly ever have that privilege. We always choose the "lesser of two evils", because our values are hardly ever truely represented. Sitting out an election, because I don't like certain aspects about someone, doesn't seem like a valid thought to me, if the other candidate will be a worse president. (And Trump even might do quite some good, for that matter.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:51 am 

Btw, my favourite line of last Thursdays debate was when Trump said, he used to have a lot of respect for Mrs Merkel (German chancellor), but not anymore (because of her handling of the refugee crisis over here).

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:25 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Peter wrote:
goalieman wrote:

Most of my American friends and family are currently Cruz supporters, and I have a hard time making them understand, why I am more positive towards Trump than Cruz.

I think what makes an impact is how used conservative Americans have gotten to vote for a "Christian" candidate (that would be Cruz? Well, he is fake, in my opinion). In Germany, we hardly ever have that privilege. We always choose the "lesser of two evils", because our values are hardly ever truely represented. Sitting out an election, because I don't like certain aspects about someone, doesn't seem like a valid thought to me, if the other candidate will be a worse president. (And Trump even might do quite some good, for that matter.)

We have had it very well in our nation, and we do forget how blessed we are to have choices of Christian candidates or those who are sympathetic or protective of Christian values and liberties.

Under President Obama, these have eroded. He did find it necessary to pretend an allegiance to Christ Jesus, as you recall when he attended the church political format in 2008 at the church of Rick Warren. I feel that pastor did more harm than anyone in making Obama acceptable to the Christian evangelical community and Americans as a whole. Obama was sly and crafty, knowing that was how to get the nomination.

I believe Ted Cruz and his father Rafael have been deceitful, also. Rafael is not a pastor in the traditional sense, but rather started his own "ministry" in a Carrollton, Texas apartment--a franchise perhaps of Mrs. Benny Hinn that is a heretical and cultist belief called Dominionism. I have collected over 30 pages of opposition information of Ted Cruz's ties to the Bush administration's CFR plans, to the corrupt money of billionaires, to the hidden duplicit man behind the perfect "Christian" persona. A true Christian would not have done what Ted Cruz did to Huckabee by trying to crash his rally for Kim Davis, and then blaming Huckabee for being inhospitable and trying to "hog" the show. A true Christian, you would think, might give at least 1% to the church. Gov. Huckabee called him out for this, as well as for seeking the donations of millionaires and billionaires that do not abide by the law or who support gay marriage.

There is a falseness about Cruz that I find extremely troubling. And a power the Cruzes have over Christians that I find alarming. They are masters at deception and are dividing Christian from Christian.

As for Trump, I think the negatives are out in the open, and there are probably no surprises. He is who he is, and some of that is better than I thought. He is very generous with those in need. He is a great employer. And--Why would he be such a good friend to Huckabee? Mike Huckabee may be helping him spiritually/morally/politically in ways we do not know about. I am praying for the salvation of Trump. He does have a fine family, from what I hear. Many good people are endorsing him, like Phyllis Schlafly and Kris Kobach and Gov. Jan Brewer. He wants to make America great, and I have liked what he says about immigration, borders, and trade. We have to protect our nation, first. That is a President's job. I do feel better in supporting him, as he is the only truly qualified citizen besides Kasitz, who would be another establishment Republican that would mean no change in D.C.

How can we even think of electing Cruz, who was born in Canada, hid his dual citizenship and who knows what else? TrusTed is not a good idea. And all the more because he claims to have memorized the Constitution and has already ignored it in more than one case (Iran deal). A brilliant mind can be a dangerous thing. And all the more because he is "brilliant" and "sly" and "lawyerly" and can create a persona that is useful for the situation.

But I do love my friends who love Cruz. I just pray their eyes may be opened. No one with true character would influence other evangelicals leaders who have benefited from Huckabee's endorsements and book forewords and political help, to go against promises to Huckabee to help himself (Cruz) win, and then try to discredit this great governor and godly man, Huckabee, as well as Carson and Santorum, with underhanded and shady tricks to bring them down in the caucuses. I don't think.

Pray. I am praying that perhaps Huckabee could be called on to be Vice President in a Trump race.

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:00 pm 
***** General

There have been many talking heads trying to convince people that John Kasich will be Donald Trump's VP pick since he can bring Ohio into play for Trump. I think that would be a Yuge! mistake. Aside from being polar opposite politically on illegal immigration and other issues the following should make the Trump/Kasich shippers have second thoughts:

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/201 ... son-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTf_qyRXhxk

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:47 pm 

beezwax wrote:
There have been many talking heads trying to convince people that John Kasich will be Donald Trump's VP pick since he can bring Ohio into play for Trump. I think that would be a Yuge! mistake. Aside from being polar opposite politically on illegal immigration and other issues the following should make the Trump/Kasich shippers have second thoughts:

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/201 ... son-video/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTf_qyRXhxk

RedState is such an anti-Mike-Huckabee site and has been for years... (and is anti-Trump, to the point of absurdity, too)

I agree with you on Kasich though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:02 pm 

Huckabee has been in a shout-out with RedState founder Erick Erickson recently:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/18/mike-huckabee-on-erick-ericksons-push-to-steal-nomination-from-donald-trump-the-soviet-way/