Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:38 pm 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
According to this Fox News Report:

Quote:
Donald Trump has reached the number of delegates needed to clinch the GOP presidential nomination, securing his status as the presumptive Republican nominee and avoiding a contested convention, according to a delegate count released Thursday by the Associated Press.

The AP reports that Trump was has reached 1,238 delegates, put over the 1,237 needed to win the nomination by a small number of the party’s unbound delegates who said they would support him at the convention. Trump will most likely add more delegates to his total before the convention in Cleveland, giving him a comfortable victory.

Trump’s achievement marks the completion of a primary campaign that has upended the political landscape and defied multiple predictions of failure from political commentators. It now sets the stage for a bitter fall campaign against likely Democratic rival Hillary Clinton.

At a press conference in Bismarck, North Dakota, Trump thanked the delegates for being the ones who helped get him over the 1,237 line.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05 ... ation.html

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:14 pm 
Site Admin

Kind of a nice way to reward North Dakotans, who rarely get on the national political map!

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 11:25 am 

Liked: 340
justgrace wrote:
Kind of a nice way to reward North Dakotans, who rarely get on the national political map!

He also gave a very important and very good speech on energy policy there in North Dakota, a lot of it reminded me of things Gov. Huckabee has been saying over the years:

Post by Peter Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 2:26 pm 
Captain

Liked: 25
A tragedy for the Republican Party. Consider an alternative - the #AmericanSolidarityParty - http://www.solidarity-party.org

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 8:55 am 
Site Admin

The candidate that Gov. Huckabee is supporting is Donald Trump, and therefore we do also. He is not perfect, but neither are any of the others.

As Gov. Huckabee has pointed out, what Donald Trump is doing is phenomenal, to bring in thousands, if not millions, of people who have never voted into the Republican Party. And the sooner we get behind him as our candidate and give him support in his campaign to defeat Hillary Clinton, the better.

What Paul Ryan is doing is using his position as Speaker of the House and a party leader to create great havoc and disunity at the very time we need to pull together. He and Romney want to be kingmakers in the Republican Party, but they had their chances as candidates for the presidential race and lost. Their own political ambitions to take over the party and create disunity are not helpful.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/trump-t ... r=vucty6zi

Post by justgrace Liked by: Peter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:59 am 
Captain

There is no way in good conscience I can vote for Trump (or Hillary). I vote for the individual, not the party. Here's a case where I think Mike is making a misstake - I'm disappointed. I'm voting 3rd party or write-in. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:46 pm 

Lee wrote:
There is no way in good conscience I can vote for Trump (or Hillary). I vote for the individual, not the party. Here's a case where I think Mike is making a misstake - I'm disappointed. I'm voting 3rd party or write-in. :cry:

That certainly is your right to do. I believe Mike Huckabee is right though here. The next president is either gonna be Trump or Hillary (or whatever Democrat), and Trump will be far better.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:48 am 
Captain

I think both will be disasters. I don't believe Trump - he's a con man who will say whatever it takes to seal the deal. And some of his promises are at best offensive and at worst dangerous. My hope is that somehow between now and the convention something will happen to derail his nomination and the Republicans nominate someone reasonable.

Post by Lee Liked by: GAVoter4Huck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:03 am 
Captain

This is just one instance of why Trump is unacceptable: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markshea/2 ... m=facebook

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:18 am 
Site Admin

Lee wrote:
I think both will be disasters. I don't believe Trump - he's a con man who will say whatever it takes to seal the deal. And some of his promises are at best offensive and at worst dangerous. My hope is that somehow between now and the convention something will happen to derail his nomination and the Republicans nominate someone reasonable.

As Huckabee has said, it is time for Republicans to support the nominee who has earned a majority of the delegate count representing the votes of millions more to Trump than to any other Republican candidate. We may disagree with the majority of voters, but to try to derail the duly-elected candidate is to try to derail those voters who came out in great numbers, many of whom have never voted. Mr. Trump has made his case for stopping illegal immigration, for selecting conservative judges, for protecting our trade agreements, for taking care of our veterans, for protecting Second Amendment rights, for overturning ObamaCare, for protecting our borders and sovereignty, for bringing jobs and trillions of dollars lost because of unfair trade practices back to our country (just as Gov. Huckabee advocated for years), and for helping America win again.

We have just a short time to save this nation economically, as President Obama has nearly doubled the national debt in the past eight years. The debt is unsustainable. This resonates with the working people of America, who are frightened as they see their jobs, earnings, and nation destroyed. Unless we all get behind Donald Trump, the valid Republican nominee, and help him win, we will see the final destruction of America as the land of the free. We must be the "home of the brave," too. Donald Trump is showing tremendous courage daily in opposing the powerful forces allied against this nation. He deserves our prayer and encouragement, I believe.

One of the most concerning things I see in the Republican Party is the establishment push since President H. W. Bush first advocated a "one world government" and "new world order" in a presidential speech. He and other Republican establishment candidates since have pushed for open borders and trade that are giving away American sovereignty and solvency. Both Bush presidents tried to weaken our borders and pushed for the North American Union, having meetings with the Canadian and Mexican leaders, if you will recall. We barely escaped the corridor highway linking Mexico to Canada during that time, which would have prevented us from stopping any foreign traveler to check their licenses, etc. Texas Gov. Perry had signed the go-ahead funding for the super highway that would have opened us to wide-scale illegal immigration with no control over who traveled through our land (or how many stayed). This was based on the overly optimistic viewpoint that all people coming would have only good intentions. At the time, Heidi Cruz worked for the CFR and Bushes and wrote the guidelines for that treaty, called the North American Union, patterned after the disastrous European Union. Lou Dobbs exposed the highway plan, Americans reacted with alarm, and the corridor highway was stopped at least temporarily.

It would do tremendous damage to an already damaged Republican Party that has been ruled of late by the "establishment" to put it back in the hands of Paul Ryan and Mitt Romney to tinker with votes and delegates. Americans are eager to turn our trade practices from "free" to "fair," and to lower taxes, increase jobs and bring manufacturing back to America. We need to do all we can to defeat Hillary by supporting Trump. And maybe by praying that he will select Gov. Mike Huckabee as his V.P.!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:21 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 56
justgrace wrote:
Mr. Trump has made his case for stopping illegal immigration, for selecting conservative judges, for protecting our trade agreements, for taking care of our veterans, for protecting Second Amendment rights, for overturning ObamaCare, for protecting our borders and sovereignty, for bringing jobs and trillions of dollars lost because of unfair trade practices back to our country (just as Gov. Huckabee advocated for years), and for helping America win again.

Mr. Trump has always been good at acknowledging the evident problems of this country in the election so far but provides no solutions or plans how he is going to resolve them. Every speech or interview of his is either critical of something, saying something that people want to hear (soothing effect), or selling himself with a lack of transparency. And most of the time it's very raw and pushes people farther out than bring them in. Again that kind of attitude and temperament will not get the job done no matter how inline with us he speaks about the issues you pointed out since many of them involve a lot of working parts to make a change happen.

It is also not fair to compare him to Gov. Huckabee even to the slightest as the governor always had solutions to the issues he brings up and always humble.

While I respect your opinion on Trump, the things you write remind me of those students that attended Trump University expecting to see a massive change in their lives from his promises of learning his real estate secrets and ended up with nothing but cheap talk and a lot of money lost. In fact, I truly believe that example is a good small scale version of what we'd see if he ends up as president.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:36 am 
***** General

Liked: 275
Question for those here who say that can't vote for Trump: did you vote for Romney in 2012? If you did vote for Mittens, the biggest fraud who possibly has ever run for President, but can't vote for Trump, then I'm not sure where your moral compass points to.

As for Mittens, if there were any doubt still left in anyone's mind of what a fake, phony, fraud he is, his talk that he would gladly vote for former Gov. Bill Weld, who is as far to the left on social issues as any leftist democrat, should put any doubts to rest. I really wish Huck would make it his personal duty to take on Mittens and run his pathetic self out of the Republican Party. That Trump has no fear of Mittens and calls him out for the fraud that he is makes it easy for me to vote for Trump. As one writer said, Trump is the instrument I intend to use to vigorously to defeat the establishment frauds who have done immense harm to not only the Republican Party and conservative movement, but to this country in general.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:51 pm 

goalieman wrote:
Question for those here who say that can't vote for Trump: did you vote for Romney in 2012? If you did vote for Mittens, the biggest fraud who possibly has ever run for President, but can't vote for Trump, then I'm not sure where your moral compass points to.

As for Mittens, if there were any doubt still left in anyone's mind of what a fake, phony, fraud he is, his talk that he would gladly vote for former Gov. Bill Weld, who is as far to the left on social issues as any leftist democrat, should put any doubts to rest. I really wish Huck would make it his personal duty to take on Mittens and run his pathetic self out of the Republican Party. That Trump has no fear of Mittens and calls him out for the fraud that he is makes it easy for me to vote for Trump. As one writer said, Trump is the instrument I intend to use to vigorously to defeat the establishment frauds who have done immense harm to not only the Republican Party and conservative movement, but to this country in general.

Couldn't agree more.

Mittens was possibly the greatest "conservative" fraud to ever head the Republican party.

Anyone who voted for him, yet claims he can't vote for Trump, should think again.

Gov. Huckabee had a good post on facebook regarding Mitt's hypocracy a few weeks ago.

A good way to measure whether all these people in the Republican establishment are honest in their critique of Trump is: Have they ever gone as hard against the Democrats/Obama as they are going against Trump?

Mitt seems to be a good son to his father - back in the day, George Romney also viciously attacked a Republican nominee that he deemed "unacceptable". Sore loser syndrome. Or clandestine democrat.