Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:22 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
Brian Kilmeade recently interviewed Donald Trump and gave him the opportunity to answer some pretty crazy accusations that Hillary and the liberal press want people to believe.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Trump-C ... r=74h3cxcp

HILLARY'S 30,000 MISSING EMAILS; DNC EMAILS LEAKED
Regarding the joke the Clinton people didn't get, Newsmax writes:

Quote:
GOP nominee Donald Trump insists in a Fox News interview that he was being "sarcastic" when he called Wednesday for the Russian government to locate Hillary Clinton's missing 33,000 emails, while complaining about the revelations in a leaked series of Democratic National Committee emails.

"Of course, I'm being sarcastic," Trump told Fox News' Brian Kilmeade in an interview recorded after his press conference. "You have 33,000 emails deleted, and the real problem is what was said in those emails from the Democratic National Committee. You look at what was said in the emails, it's disgraceful."

On Wednesday, Trump drew criticism and headlines by commenting during a press conference during questions over allegations that Russia was involved in the leak of the DNC emails to WikiLeaks.
"I will tell you this: Russia, if you're listening I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing," Trump said, referring not to the DNC emails but to communications that went missing from Clinton's private server.

"I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press."

Clinton campaign manager Robby Mook complained that Trump's call created a "national security" issue by "calling for a foreign power to commit espionage in the United States."

"You have to be kidding," Trump told Kilmeade about Mook's statement. "His client, his person deleted 33,000 emails illegally. You look at that."

The top foreign policy advisor for the Clinton campaign, Jake Sullivan, tried to claim that Trump was encouraging espionage, saying it was the first time "a major presidential candidate has actively asked a foreign power to conduct espionage."

Quote:
"I didn't encourage them," said Trump. "It was said with sarcasm. I don't know who has them. I don't know. It's sad that a foreign country disrespects us so much that they would do that."

ON PUTIN
Trump also doubled down on his comments about Russian President Vladimir Putin's leadership skills:

Quote:
"I said he's a better leader than Obama," said Trump. "Obama is not a leader. [Putin is] doing a better job [than him]. You have to understand Putin, if we can get along with Russia, that's a good thing, not a bad thing. We don't get along with Russia."

Russia has continued its aggressive activities, said Kilmeade, but Trump said that is happening because Putin and other Russian leaders "have no respect for our leader. That's why they do it..." But such acts wouldn't happen under his presidency, said Trump, as "I think they'll respect me. They don't respect President Barack Obama."

When Kilmead asked whether he would use force, Trump replied, "I'm not going to tell you what I'd do," said Trump. "Isn't that crazy? I'd tell you what I'd do? You react at the time. They said, 'We'll do this, we'll attack here, send this many men.' No, no. You have to keep it a little bit secret. Got to keep it a little bit secret. You have to have it to yourself a little bit."

I think most of us would agree it is not smart to tell our potential foes all our secrets. But that is just what Hillary Clinton has been doing. If she were not being given special treatment by the press and the Democrat Party, etc., she would be in jail now. Or at least under trial. As a popular tee shirt now sports: "Hillary for Prison." That is where she needs to be, not in the White House.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:39 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
He makes a valid point about not telling the world what you're going to do ahead of time. However, what I'd like to hear is that we can never take force off of the table but that it needs to always be our last resort. I'd also like to hear acknowledgement that it is preferable to get a declaration of war from Congress when force is necessary. No one has gone through that process since WW2 and I think that has been a bad thing. Executive power has been expanded to a dangerous point now and Congress has got to do a better job of reining it in. Huckabee's ideas about energy independence being key to our national security are so right on. We might have been able to avoid the fighting in the middle east if we had energy independence. We are one of the largest per capita consumers of energy in the world. If we told the Middle East that we don't need their oil the impact would ripple across the whole world. It would help keep Putin in line as well.

Post by juditupp Liked by: justgrace

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:40 am 
Site Admin

Liked: 782
juditupp wrote:
He makes a valid point about not telling the world what you're going to do ahead of time. However, what I'd like to hear is that we can never take force off of the table but that it needs to always be our last resort. I'd also like to hear acknowledgement that it is preferable to get a declaration of war from Congress when force is necessary. No one has gone through that process since WW2 and I think that has been a bad thing. Executive power has been expanded to a dangerous point now and Congress has got to do a better job of reining it in. Huckabee's ideas about energy independence being key to our national security are so right on. We might have been able to avoid the fighting in the middle east if we had energy independence. We are one of the largest per capita consumers of energy in the world. If we told the Middle East that we don't need their oil the impact would ripple across the whole world. It would help keep Putin in line as well.

You raise some valid points, juditupp. Donald Trump paints things in broad strokes. He has the right ideas and ideals, but he is still learning and will no doubt rely heavily upon his advisors on details he has never really had to think about in the past.

One of the things I like about Trump is his ability to be a chief executive and delegate, yet oversee. Once he has studied and learned all the details, he will be able to find the right leaders to help him. No one can run a business, as he has been able to do, and employ over 20,000 employees without learning to choose good leaders within the organization. This is true in our government as well. One thing his campaign has proven is that Trump can be successful in campaigning and drawing crowds and votes on far less money than other candidates. This will be true against Hillary Clinton, who seems to have unlimited funds from foreign donors, etc. The Clinton Foundation must be investigated next.

Yes, I agree that we need to be less energy independent, as Huckabee said, so we can tell the Middle East we no longer need to be under their control. It would make such a difference not to have to worry about being beholden to nations that are our enemies, or at least not true allies.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:25 pm 
Major General

Liked: 147
Honestly, the only thing I like about Trump is the people he has surrounded himself with. I think he's going to be a terrible president. I'm voting for him because I think he'll be less terrible then Clinton.