Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1999 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 100  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:27 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 0
Texan4Huckabee wrote:
Snooky wrote:
8 min. no posts....is something going on?

We're busy on the phones helping Governor Huckabee by calling People in the Winner Take All State of Virginia. They posted phone banks at http://www.mikehuckabee.com for Virginia. If Governor Huckabee is going to win he's going to need our help so lets get to it. :D

I've felt an extreme sense of guilt in that area. I have no long distance, no cell phone either.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:27 pm 
**** General

So what are the other 30% of voters, if 70% are "conservative"? Can independents vote in LA?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 3
mommahawk wrote:
So what are the other 30% of voters, if 70% are "conservative"? Can independents vote in LA?

Probably registered republicans who don't describe themselves as 'conservative" in other words Moderate Republicans.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:28 pm 
***** General

Liked: 215
Wow. This just keeps getting more and more exciting. It's so hard to pull myself away! But I realize I'm wasting precious hours that I can be making phone calls into Virginia, so I'm going to go make 10 calls, then check back here, make 10 more calls, then check back here, etc.

Who's with me?!

http://www.mikehuckabee.com

(I think the website is pretty hard to access right now. Just a warning. :mrgreen: )

ATTENTION GUESTS: Thanks for checking out our Discussion Forum. Before you go, please take a minute to click on the image below and get registered to join the discussion. You'll enjoy all the perks, such as being able to track which posts you've read already. It will also allow us to contact you with important news and information. Plus, we'd just love to hear what you have to say!

MEMBERS: Want to put the "Get Registered" image in your signature? Learn how here.

______________________Image______________________

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:30 pm 
Captain

D-Dawg wrote:
The 52 Huckabee to 35 McCain was for conservatives, who made up 70% of the voters.

D-Dawg

based on those numbers.......i would project huckabee the winner in louisiana.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:30 pm 
***** General

CNN just called Huckabee a "virtual pauper" because his net worth is 700,000. Smaller than any other candidate who has run.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:31 pm 
Major

Frances wrote:
JasonTcpa wrote:

It is very complicate but basically this is how it works. A couple weeks ago, there was a Louisiana caucus that elected state delegates to their state convention which mets next Saturday. Today is the primary and if a candidate gets 50% of the vote today then they automatically get 20 National delegates and the other 27 are elected at the state convention next week. If no one gets 50%, then all 47 delegates are elected at the state convention next week.

Confussed yet?

In other words, next week that state convention will either elected 27 or 47 national delegates depending on if someone gets the 50% mark tonight. The state delegates at next week's convention can elect these national delegates how ever they choose but they will probably at least take today's results into consideration.

So the state convention could decide on anyone they like?

Yes

Just an observation here, but it appears to me that the procedure used by some states to select a nominee for President is not entirely reflective of the will of the people. Rather, it is a procedure set up to allow the party leaders to select the nominee and I don't like that idea at all. It looks like an unfair system to me.

Political Realities

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

cschande wrote:
Wow. This just keeps getting more and more exciting. It's so hard to pull myself away! But I realize I'm wasting precious hours that I can be making phone calls into Virginia, so I'm going to go make 10 calls, then check back here, make 10 more calls, then check back here, etc.

Who's with me?!

(I think the website is pretty hard to access right now. Just a warning. :mrgreen: )

This is what we need to be doing guys. We got this far because we kept working. Way to go Chris. :D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:33 pm 
PLEASE SEE THIS POST:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9576&p=73821#p73821

***** General

I think we've won LA, and Kansas tonight. I'm not confident about Washington yet, but coming out tonight with two states. then we're Headliners in sunday papers across the nation.

Colonel

DannyPoo wrote:
CNN just called Huckabee a "virtual popper" because his net worth is 700,000. Smaller than any other candidate who has run.

Weren't they refering to how much he has left in his campaign fund? Not personal net worth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:35 pm 
***** General

Snooky wrote:
DannyPoo wrote:
CNN just called Huckabee a "virtual popper" because his net worth is 700,000. Smaller than any other candidate who has run.

Weren't they refering to how much he has left in his campaign fund? Not personal net worth

No because it said Romney was worth 200 million. Romney did not have 200 million left in hsi campaign fund.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:35 pm 
***** General

I'm at work, can anyone make calls to Virginia for me? I fell useless here. I suggests everyone calls 20, then sits down for 2 minutes on Huck's Army and then calls another 20. VA is important!!!!!!

Mike Huckabee is more than a candidate that ran a campaign--He is a man that started a movement--- and wore a Purple Tie to prove it!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:36 pm 
Site Admin

RedCentral wrote:
I'm at work, can anyone make calls to Virginia for me? I fell useless here. I suggests everyone calls 20, then sits down for 2 minutes on Huck's Army and then calls another 20. VA is important!!!!!!

Please people. Make phone calls. The results are not coming in for at least an hour. Let's all make at least 20-40 calls between now and then.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:37 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

DannyPoo wrote:
CNN just called Huckabee a "virtual pauper" because his net worth is 700,000. Smaller than any other candidate who has run.

The sad part about this is....... compared to most of us, he's filthy rich :?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:38 pm 
***** General

God's Girl wrote:
DannyPoo wrote:

True, but Huck has been as poor as all of us at one point in time. So he understands, I don't think any of the other candidates can say that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:38 pm 
DannyPoo wrote:

I wish I was a pauper.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:39 pm 
Major General

Liked: 8
DannyPoo wrote:

If you think that is a lot (and it is for most folks)..for a 50 something year old former Governor, that is respectable, but really not that much. He IS one of us!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:40 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

DannyPoo wrote:
God's Girl wrote:
DannyPoo wrote:

True, but Huck has been as poor as all of us at one point in time. So he understands, I don't think any of the other candidates can say that.

Totally agree. I won someone over to Huck (a dem even) by saying the other day that Huck knows how much it hurts to spend $70 just to fill up a gas tank.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:41 pm 
Brigadier Geneal

ihearthuckabee wrote:
cschande wrote:

Who's with me?!

This is what we need to be doing guys. We got this far because we kept working. Way to go Chris. :D

Yes, everyone. It is not hard. I made 40 calls earlier, but I am sick today. I doubt scratchy throat sounds very professional. :) Anyway, I was nervous at first, but it wasn't bad at all.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1999 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 100  Next