Hucks Army - Faith. Family. Freedom. [Grassroots] JOIN HUCKS ARMY | GET INVOLVED | FUNDRAISING | LINKS | LEADERSHIP | ABOUT
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:04 pm 
***** General

Liked: 3
http://themoderatevoice.com/politics/mi ... -virginia/

Quote:
Among the Republicans McCain is up 55 percent to 27 percent, over his remaining major rival, former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. With 5 percent, Texas Rep. Ron Paul is a distant third.

Wow....we got ALOT of work to do. I think our wins from yesterday will give us some momentum there, but we got WORK to do.

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:09 pm 
GET ON THE PHONE BANK!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:12 pm 
** General

Liked: 0
While I do agree that we have a lot of work to do in Virginia, that poll was conducted on Thursday and Friday, before Saturday's great results, before the mainly positive media coverage of Huck, before today's speech at Falwell's church, and before yet another Huckaboom.

Plus, I never rely on polls nor do I care much for them. Again, we do have to work really hard to get Mike a MUST win in VA, but this poll means nothing to me.

Mike Huckabee Interview on the Issues
In-depth Interview Held in San Fransisco

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:21 pm 

Liked: 57
Time for us to start making calls to VA for Governor Huckabee!!! :D
If Governor Huckabee is going to win he needs our help so lets get to it!!! :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:24 pm 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
I think Virginia is very very important, but I think we can still move on as long as it looks like we closed very well and got closer than they thought we were going to. Wisconsin is next Tuesday, and that would give us a chance to build some momentum, and then two weeks later is Ohio and Texas. If we don't win Virginia then we'll need big wins in both Texas and Ohio.

What gives me some hope is McCain took the day off, and I wonder how much he'll do tomorrow. There's no doubt our people are going to be much more fired up.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:34 pm 
**** General

This is the only thing I saw for McCain on his calendar:

Quote:
Virginia Campaign Rally, Richmond

When: February 11, 2008 5:30 p.m.

Where: Richmond International Airport
5701 Huntsman Road
Richmond, VA

John McCain returns to Virginia for a Campaign Rally at the Virginia Aviation Museum on Monday, February 11th at 5:30 p.m. Senator John Warner will introduce John McCain.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:18 pm 
Colonel

Liked: 56
Hit the big cities in Virginia. That's where it had been hurting us the most in other states previously.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:08 pm 
Sergeant

GAVoter4Huck wrote:
Hit the big cities in Virginia. That's where it had been hurting us the most in other states previously.

Actually, in Kansas one of the best counties was Sedgwick where Wichita is (largest city in Kansas). Mike won there with a 4 to 1 margin over McCain. On Friday, Huckabee had about 1000 at his rally at 11am and McCain had around 100 2 hours later. I really think this whole thing is turning around.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:16 am 
Sergeant

DARN IT!

I didn't see this posted anywhere.

I just heard about a new poll taken this weekend in Virginia and we are still wayyyy down.

http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politic ... ising.html

McCain 55
Huckabee 27
Paul 5

You guys that live out that way, does this sound right, or do the Dems and Moderates rule over the Christian Conservatives every election anyway?

Kathy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:20 am 
***** General

Liked: 66
Ughhh

--Attention Guests--
Join the Discussion!
Click the graphic to join!

:army

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:21 am 
Sergeant

Just wanted to let you know. I looked at the dates this poll was taken..and it was February 7-8th. Which was before our big night in Kansas, Louisiana, and hopefully Washington State (praying....). So I would think Mike's numbers will go way up soon.

so don't give up or lose hope... :!:

"Abortion is advocated by persons who have themselves been born."
-Ronald Reagan

Hail to the Redskins!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:22 am 
Colonel

Liked: 56
This was posted earlier today and I don't quite know why there's such a large gap....can anybody from VA shed some light on the possible factors?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:31 am 
Lieutenant General

Liked: 208
This poll was taken Thursday and Friday when all the news was about how the race was over and McCain was the nominee. Saturday's results really helped us, and I'm sure we're going to have a good push on Monday. I'm not sure if we've got enough time to close the gap, but I do believe we're going to show a strong surge and be much closer than this poll.

Anything can happen though, and if our voters are really motivated and turn out in force then it's still winnable.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:46 am 
Site Admin

Guys, the obvious point here is TURNOUT. We must count on McCain's supporter to feel like he has the nomination in the bag and on Huckabee supporters to vote even if they have to crawl on their hands and knees to get there.

This is why the phone-banking is so important. Spend as much time as possible tomorrow making calls. Plus prayer that is probably the single most effective thing 99% of us can do for Mike.

MAKE PHONE CALLS! DO HARD THINGS! GET US THROUGH THAT LIST!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:51 am 
Lieutenant General

WalterCan wrote:
This poll was taken Thursday and Friday when all the news was about how the race was over and McCain was the nominee. Saturday's results really helped us, and I'm sure we're going to have a good push on Monday. I'm not sure if we've got enough time to close the gap, but I do believe we're going to show a strong surge and be much closer than this poll.

Anything can happen though, and if our voters are really motivated and turn out in force then it's still winnable.

my greatest confidence is that mike is pounding the pavement in va right now and that is always very successful. between the phonecalls, media we are getting, saturdays wins and mike campaging in va, i have great confidence.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:52 am 
Sergeant

GAVoter4Huck wrote:
This was posted earlier today and I don't quite know why there's such a large gap....can anybody from VA shed some light on the possible factors?

Virginia is a HUGE Navy state. All the bases in and around Norfolk, and many retired Navy living in VA. Then you've got all the civilians who have friends and extended family in the military. It's very much a military culture, specifically Navy, in VA.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:56 am 
Corporal

I made calls in VA today and was very encouraged.

I talked to one woman who was undecided and after I told her about Gov. Huckabee's stand on the issues, she was so imprssed that she said she was going to tell her friends and family to vote for him. She said she knew 11 people who she could influence "for sure" and she was going to make calls as soon as we hung up. : )

Another voter told me that although she wanted to keep her vote a private matter, she truly appreciated my call and that I was a REAL person -- not a machine.

So although making calls is definitely not my favorite activity, they do make a difference and with the race so tight, every vote counts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:06 am 
** General

I think that most Hucakbee callers agree that a lot of Virginia residents have been very receptive and WANT to be informed about Mike. I honestly believe we got a good shot at winning Virginia. Again, polls mean nothing. The only "poll" that means something is the actual election results. Keep the calls coming!

Mike Huckabee Interview on the Issues
In-depth Interview Held in San Fransisco

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:10 am 

Liked: 8
I think Virginians are glad, as the race is still competitive, that they are going to be a significant deciding factor.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:44 am 
Corporal

For encouragement go to the thread that tells how-

These poll numbers are misleading.